My Windows Phone fell and the screen doesn't work anymore: can I use the warranty?

Kat Anna

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I have a Windows Phone Nokia Lumia 930 and it feel on the floor. As a result the bottom of the screen got ruined and the phone doesn't work anymore.
If I turn it on I can't hear any sound and it's stuck on a half green half black screen.

Do you think I can use my warranty in this case? I bought the phone with a 2 year deal with Vodafone UK.

Thank you!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It would depend on when you purchased the phone. Ms warranty lasts for a year, but I don't think it covers accidental damage. Vodafone might be able to assist but again it depends on what deal you have with them.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Windows Phone Nokia Lumia 930 and it feel on the floor. As a result the bottom of the screen got ruined and the phone doesn't work anymore.
If I turn it on I can't hear any sound and it's stuck on a half green half black screen.

Do you think I can use my warranty in this case? I bought the phone with a 2 year deal with Vodafone UK.

Thank you!

Accidental damage is not covered by manufacturer or retailer warranties. Those warranties only cover manufacturer defects.

If you returned the phone for a warranty repair, but it was found to have been damaged accidentally, the phone would be detained by the repairer (Microsoft use Anovo in the UK), they would then send you an invoice with a charge for inspecting the handset, and return postage fees before returning the broken handset to you.

Did you pay extra for accidental damage insurance when you bought the contract?

If not I'm afraid you will have to look into purchasing a new handset.

Some credit card providers offer mobile phone insurance in their premium packages, so if you have a credit card it might be worth looking into.

sadbiker

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Mobiles are covered with 2 year warranty. If there are any visible signs of damage the no don't bother. Anova only do initial checks now as any Warranty repairs are carried out in Hungary. You could go onto the MS site and do a online warranty repair form, The phone will be picked up by UPS. Check their T&C to see what they say if they find any accidental damage. If your lucky it will simply be sent back. If your even luckier it may be repaired. As I mentioned if no visible signs of damage you will have to hope there are no internal cracks which would be noted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb