Is your Gadgets app working ok?

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Am i the only one to have a none working Gadgets app??

I am running .107 build with hard reset and evrything from scratch but not a single way to make Gadgets work properly,

First, it was installed but not visible in the apps, so i uninstalled and reinstalled it and now it is showing in the app's list,

Second, when i try to launch it it asks for a reboot so i click reboot and it fails to do so!

Do you experience this problems?

Thx

Last edited:

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Does your Gadgets app working ok?

If i post in the 930 forum then maybe its the 930 i have ;)
Too bad there is no update of this app
It is very useful app when it works :(

Also i would add one setting, to be able to stop wifi when connected to car bluetooth, or to also start wifi sharing

If Microsoft hear me...

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Am i the only one to have a none working Gadgets app??

I am running .107 build with hard reset and evrything from scratch but not a single way to make Gadgets work properly,

First, it was installed but not visible in the apps, so i uninstalled and reinstalled it and now it is showing in the app's list,

Second, when i try to launch it it asks for a reboot so i click reboot and it fails to do so!

Do you experience this problems?

Thx

If it's not showing in the app list that mean it's installed to sd card move it to the phone memory. Mines works fine on my 640. I have it set to whenever I plug my aux cord in it launches Groove and I go from there works fine

Sent from mTalk

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If it's not showing in the app list that mean it's installed to sd card move it to the phone memory. Mines works fine on my 640. I have it set to whenever I plug my aux cord in it launches Groove and I go from there works fine

Sent from mTalk

Hmmm where do you put the SdCard on a 930?

;)

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Try uninstalling the app again using Storage app. Reboot, clean temporary files and then install again.

Tried everything possible but no success,
Before it was working on my phone with an older build like 2 months ago but then i wanted to do a hard reset without restoration to have a clean phone and Gadgets could never work like it should :(

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried everything possible but no success,
Like I said earlier, when you uninstalled the app the first time it might have messed something up. If really don't use that app for anything. If you really want to try one last time then try hard resetting the phone and update all the apps from the Store. Keep on checking for updates until the Gadgets app gets updated.
You can also try installing the app directly from my OneDrive share.

http://1drv.ms/1Sr0BEF

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Like I said earlier, when you uninstalled the app the first time it might have messed something up. If really don't use that app for anything. If you really want to try one last time then try hard resetting the phone and update all the apps from the Store. Keep on checking for updates until the Gadgets app gets updated.
You can also try installing the app directly from my OneDrive share.

http://1drv.ms/1Sr0BEF

Thanks, i tried your version and it did update after but none worked,

Tried everything possible but no success

AdiUndead

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I got a problem with my Band 2
Its the only Bluetooth Device which doesnt open an app after it connected to my Lumia 950.
The other devices are working correctly.
Anyone who got an idea how i can resolve this?

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Windows 10 on the Insider preview for about 4 months, but I never knew about this Gadgets app. I reset my phone to Windows Phone 8.1, then took the official upgrade path and hard reset my device again. After doing so is the first time I ever noticed the Gadgets app

Both the first time I paired my Bluetooth headset and the first time I connected my auxiliary cable to my car stereo, the app popped up and appeared to offer an app launcher for media apps that could make use of the audio playback. However, that is the only time that connecting each accessory prompted that app launcher.

I just searched through both my apps and my settings trying to find this app again, but couldn't locate it on my device. I searched the Store and it said the app was already installed. I only seem to be able to use the Open link from the store to open this app now.

Where should I be finding this app normally? Is it supposed to launch each time I reconnect an accessory or only the initial connection? What exactly is this app supposed to be used for. I see it has a GPS tag of the last location I used each accessory, which in my case is my Band 2, the aforementioned Bluetooth headset, and a "wired accessory," which is my auxiliary cable in my car.

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
You need to uninstall it once from the phone storage menu and reinstall it to have it appear in app list,

Let me know if it works ok then please and confirm me the model of your phone

Thx

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a 640 XL dual SIM. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Gadgets app allowed it to show up in my app list.

Back to the original question of whether it's working okay... I'm still not sure what is the proper operation of this app. Like I said in my previous post, the first time I connected an auxiliary cable to the headphones jack and the first time I connected my Bluetooth headset, the Gadgets app automatically opened and presented an app launcher. Now, I have to manually open the app to see the same options.

Is the automatic opening of the Gadget app normal when connecting an accessory, or does it only do that for the initial connection of each accessory?

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is normal first time you connect a new device,

For example if you connect your car to the phone it will then start automatically the gps app everytime you use your car ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb