W10M and microphones

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Although I love W10M on my 640XL I'm not so sure about putting it on my 930. It had microphone problems with 8.1 but was replaced so now it's fine. But after reading a few posts on here it seems W10M has issues with the 930 and some of it's mics.

Now that it seems .164 might be a RC (Details) I'm after experiences with this release and the 930 before I decide to upgrade.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Eusty, read this
I've read this before.....

The second mics are a hardware issue, I had to have my 930 replaced due to this, firmware/software updates etc didn't fix it.

There is a lot of confusion on the subject and I can see what mvaneerde is alluding too that is why I was hoping to find out if anyone had moved to WM10 and ALL of their mics worked correctly. i.e. in all circumstances, all apps.

That's why I'm waiting for the official release on the 930, so hopefully I'll still have some warranty left to return it at once if the mics stop working.

That said I'm tempted just to stick it on and use WDRT if it doesn't work.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't risk. I've heard that spare parts might be faulty too, and Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview can damage your device.

I've had W10M installed, rolled back to 8.1 and found out the other day, that my front microphone isn't working. (main microphone, not the 2nd one) People told me that they can barely hear me, so I ended up with another broken mic. I'm 95% sure that ("elements went bad") happened during flashing process, however I wasn't using WDRT but Nokia Product Support Tool for Store to flash CV ROM. Tried everything but it's definitely a hardware issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte