Windows 10 Mobile on Lumia 930

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
No Cortana or motion data in 'Extras' setting menu if you factory reset though. Tbh, I've been on every version of W10 through the developer channel as the 930 I have is a spare phone, so bugs didn't matter. Personally, i think the time it has taken to get to the stage the software is now is a joke. Have MS only got three people working on it?!

Hey Cortana and Motion won't show up until the updates have been installed from store after hard reset. If store looks as if it has crashed, chances are it hasnt as it needs to close to update itself. It can take 2 or 3 attempts before the updates show

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I just want to say something.

On my L930 after so many insider builds installed one after another I noticed the phone should perform better than it does. I am now on insider latest build 164, so i couldn't upgrade to official W10M, as I am already up to date. So yesterday I did a comparison between my phone and my cousin's L930, which got W10M officially from 8.1 Denim. His phone has never been hard reset before, storage was full, many apps installed/uninstalled, so it was a bit laggy in 8.1. We tested the speed opening same apps at the same time, and his official W10 was about 5 seconds faster than mine on insider, same build. My device showed loading screen more often.

So there is a performance difference after all. I guess they did something right with Official release :)

I suggest to do a restore to factory settings, without a restore from a backup.
I also went from insider build to build, but now on 164, I left the insider program.
The reset solved my camera mic problem, and some other small things I didn't even noticed before.

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Lumia Camera Classic is accessible via SysApp Pusher. Install this, and then go to Nokia specific apps. Works for me :)

Oh, sorry, I didn't read the second part of your reply.

Unfortunately, this does not work for me as I have no Nokia apps in the app. Only Microsoft Mobile apps, from which I still can't download Lumia Camera Classic.

Thanks for the help, though, cheers!

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip QuadraFX! I have installed lumia camera classic via SysApp Pusher on my 930 running 10. Didn't think it was possible.

It's under Microsoft Mobile, in the beta section of the list. Just look for Lumia Camera Classic.

wp_ss_20160322_0003.png

Someone should try recording video with this app on a 930 with microphone issues to check if it captures using all 4 of them. Mine are working currently so I can't check.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I suggest to do a restore to factory settings, without a restore from a backup.
I also went from insider build to build, but now on 164, I left the insider program.
The reset solved my camera mic problem, and some other small things I didn't even noticed before.

I will do a hard reset actually soon, when i have enough time. But not restoring from backup is not an option for me :/ I know the phone will still work waaaay better :)

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
i installed lattest Lumia Camera Beta (because classic dont have rich capture etc), so its like on WP8.1 :D

I found a .xap file of Lumia Camera 5. Copied it to my phone and installed it. Love it! Like you say, it's exactly like on 8.1, haha. Had to disable updates though.

It's strange how much better pictures it takes compared to Windows Camera.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried this one shoot (low-light indoor) and I dont know, pictures are for me very similar... Jpeg is little different but I work with DNG and that similar. So i uninstal LC.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I found a .xap file of Lumia Camera 5. Copied it to my phone and installed it. Love it! Like you say, it's exactly like on 8.1, haha. Had to disable updates though.

Can you post some pics for comparison? I can't understand people who say the new camera is sooo bad, i find it equally superb! Can't see any difference, but might be because I have been an insider for a long time...

Ranielsyn_Sand

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Any of you have a bug with "Touch" setting in Extras? I can't disable vibration in navigation keys. And, how good is the battery life in your handsets? I feel that it will never be the same as 8.1

DoriKinStarr

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I've read in Twitter of someone who owns the phone that the battery life for Lumia 930 in Windows 10 Mobile drains faster. Can anyone confirm on this?

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, when using the phone (in general, any activity with screen on), the battery drains mach faster.
When the phone is idle, the drain is about 1% per hour for me. This would give acceptable stand-by time, but I want to use my phone, not to keep it in stand-by state all the time :D

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I will do a hard reset actually soon, when i have enough time. But not restoring from backup is not an option for me :/ I know the phone will still work waaaay better :)

Why not?

Make a screen shot of your start screen as it is now, maybe even your app list.
perform the reset.
Set-up as new, without restore of the backup
after the phone settles down, go into the store => hamburger => my library
there you see all your apps you have ever installed, and you can easily reinstal any app you need.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Somehow lockscreen been draining my battery the most, which is interesting. Aside from that plenty of background battery drain from messaging + skype (especially considering the fact that I don't use skype for texting, at all). Is there any way to disable the skype part of messaging + skype?

Edit.
Nvm, found it. Will report after my device gets back from warranty service.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Why not?

Make a screen shot of your start screen as it is now, maybe even your app list.
perform the reset.
Set-up as new, without restore of the backup
after the phone settles down, go into the store => hamburger => my library
there you see all your apps you have ever installed, and you can easily reinstal any app you need.

It might be that i'm just lazy, but i do have a lot of stored app data for work and personal use as well, and many apps, all the settings... Dunno. Maybe if i will be really bored that day i'll still do it :)

AJE1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I've read in Twitter of someone who owns the phone that the battery life for Lumia 930 in Windows 10 Mobile drains faster. Can anyone confirm on this?

A good article on AAWP makes the point that if the email settings are set to sync "based on usage" then the algorithms can be too eager to keep you notified and drain the battery very quickly. His suggestion was to set it to sync every 15 minutes.

marpamcy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

Also installed Lumia camera 5 and tested it. I can't see any better pictures though compare to the ms camera.
Can you post any pictures?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786