Windows 10 Mobile on Lumia 930

DoriKinStarr

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
By the way eveyone... I downloaded this software called Lumia Phone Test Application... Not sure if you all heard it... It seems the software checks all the components of the phone except camera mode.

Sadly, I had only one fail during the checks. It is the sound test. 1st & 2nd microphone works but 3rd & 4th microphone doesn't works at all and I'm running Windows 8.1 Mobile (Lumia Cyan). Do download this to check your phones especially microphones to whoever is running Windows 10 Mobile to confirm that the microphones does record sounds during the checks but not able to record while videotaking. It means the software issue maybe Lumia Camera or Microsoft Camera of Windows 10 Mobile fails to capture any sounds during videotaking. Do reply when anyone complete their checks.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
By the way eveyone... I downloaded this software called Lumia Phone Test Application... Not sure if you all heard it... It seems the software checks all the components of the phone except camera mode.

Sadly, I had only one fail during the checks. It is the sound test. 1st & 2nd microphone works but 3rd & 4th microphone doesn't works at all and I'm running Windows 8.1 Mobile (Lumia Cyan). Do download this to check your phones especially microphones to whoever is running Windows 10 Mobile to confirm that the microphones does record sounds during the checks but not able to record while videotaking. It means the software issue maybe Lumia Camera or Microsoft Camera of Windows 10 Mobile fails to capture any sounds during videotaking. Do reply when anyone complete their checks.

Very common problem. Most 3 and 4 mics on 930 are dead. Its disgraceful. I bought the phone for the great camera (which is ****e now) and the 5.1 audio (which is impossible with broken mics) and the Microsoft Camera doesn't even use all 4 mics even if they were working.

A team of chimpanzees would do better development work, if I was CEO at Microsoft a lot of people would be getting sacked, its beyond a joke how long it has taken them to develop W10 mobile, its a bugfest and using the average joe as guinea pigs has broken our hardware. Android here I come, I'm a patient guy but don't like being used and abused.

D

Deleted member 283935

Running Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.10586.164 my cellular data usage is set to monthly limit, but I found it inaccurate. Suddenly it resets used data counter before the specified date and there is no way to recover the exact used data count. Does anyone experienced this?
Another issue I encountered is that even if I allow to use cellular data on limited WIFI connectivity it seems that I'm not connected to the internet.

BTW: after then Windows 10 Mobile update was installed, I've done a hard reset without restoring any backup.

UPDATE: if I put my phone in Airplane mode the data usage counter for cellular gets reset.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Also installed Lumia camera 5 and tested it. I can't see any better pictures though compare to the ms camera.
Can you post any pictures?

Here you go, two pictures, one taken with LC4, one taken with Microsoft Camera. Both apps were left in auto and tapped to focus on the same point.

Lumia camera 4 on windows 10

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!APvthheHlzxTLhI&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

Microsoft Camera

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AEbCw4m3yitn7n4&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

Had to try the photo on Microsoft camera several times because it over exposed.

marpamcy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Here you go, two pictures, one taken with LC4, one taken with Microsoft Camera. Both apps were left in auto and tapped to focus on the same point.

Lumia camera 4 on windows 10

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!APvthheHlzxTLhI&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

Microsoft Camera

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AEbCw4m3yitn7n4&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

Had to try the photo on Microsoft camera several times because it over exposed.

With LC5 i dedn't see any difference using auto day night and Rich capture. I will try LC4 and see.

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Cant seem to install any version of Lumia Camera, both with the .xap, or through SysApp pusher :(. Seems like I literally have no choice but to use Microsoft Camera

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft camera overexposes because it only measures brightness at the center of the frame. On my 930 tapping anywhere else on the screen doesn't apply the exposure correction. You can have your AF point set in the corner of the frame and yet exposure will be set according to the brightness in the center of the frame.

That's why Chris_GT's photo from MS has its flowers overexposed.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Precisely, and every time you want to have detail on something that is anywhere else than where than in the center you end up with exposure issues. Most of the issues can be mitigated or fixed by using manual mode, but I'd rather wait a little longer for Lumia Camera to launch and get the picture right the first time.

Cant seem to install any version of Lumia Camera, both with the .xap, or through SysApp pusher :(. Seems like I literally have no choice but to use Microsoft Camera

Check which lumia camera you are selecting on SysApp Pusher, only Lumia Camera Classic (the one in the beta section of the list) works. The other one will show as incompatible or prompt you to use Microsoft Camera.

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Precisely, and every time you want to have detail on something that is anywhere else than where than in the center you end up with exposure issues. Most of the issues can be mitigated or fixed by using manual mode, but I'd rather wait a little longer for Lumia Camera to launch and get the picture right the first time.

Check which lumia camera you are selecting on SysApp Pusher, only Lumia Camera Classic (the one in the beta section of the list) works. The other one will show as incompatible or prompt you to use Microsoft Camera.

Yes, it is Lumia Camera Classic which it is telling me that it is unavailable. All versions of Lumia Camera/Lumia Camera Classic on SysApp Pusher are marking as not currently available

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Your theory does not hold water. In MS Camera, the overexposed flower IS IN CENTER

Nope, it measured exposure on the green leaf. That yellow flower is off center. Exposure is measured in DEAD CENTER of the frame. That's why when you launch MS camera you can see AF point set in dead center, which should not be even visible without tapping anywhere.

I tried same thing while standing next to a window in my room last week. Shaded wall on bottom third of the frame, windowsill with flowers in the middle, sunny weather outside in top third of the frame. Holding the flow in dead center of the frame. Tap on top part, no changes in exposure. Tap on the bottom part, no changes in exposure. Tap on anything outside of dead center in the middle of the frame. No changes in exposure. Move camera so that the point in the dead center is aimed toward the wall/outside - exposure changes.

On 930 exposure measurement is broken. From what I heard on 950 it seems to be working correctly.

DoriKinStarr

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey, everyone... Since I've downgrade my Lumia to Windows 8.1 Mobile, i think it's my best opinion to stay at this OS with Lumia Denim. Everything works perfect for Lumia Camera, battery drainage and video recording. Firmware version is 15235. I just wait till issues on Windows 10 Mobile for Lumia 930 has settled then I will upgrade it.

Christian Diederiks

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I agree, the IQ was better with 8.1, especially in lower light, Windows 10 mobile as an OS is far from delivering the smoothness, battery use etc of 8.1, on the 930, hope 10 gets there but it aint anywhere near there yet, unfortunately.

jarobert79

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi!
(sorry my english)

My phone: L930 (build: 10586.164)

I did "set default phone" in About after W8.1 upgrade W10.

My problems:

1. No sound when arriwed an E-mail (settings is correct!!)
BUT if I pull off status bar and I get an email during this time, the sound notification is OK!!?? Why just during this time?
This is a BUG??

2. I'm doing a video and I see file details, the display begins to vibrate!! Just videos!! BUG!!

3. The battery very very fast discharge!!

4. Sometimes if I delete videos or pictures those stay in thumbnail view, but if I select it don't find.

Any idea for my problems?

Next build time?

Thx.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
(sorry my english)

My problems:

1. No sound when arriwed an E-mail (settings is correct!!)
BUT if I pull off status bar and I get an email during this time, the sound notification is OK!!?? Why just during this time?
This is a BUG??

In the email settings you also need to enable sound and notification settings.

2. I'm doing a video and I see file details, the display begins to vibrate!! Just videos!! BUG!!

3. The battery very very fast discharge!!

4. Sometimes if I delete videos or pictures those stay in thumbnail view, but if I select it don't find.

Any idea for my problems?

Did you did a "factory reset" after upgrading to W10?
If not, please do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss