Double-tap to awake

AJE1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help? I've recently updated my UK unlocked Lumia 930 to Windows 10 Mobile. I can't find how to turn on the double-tap to awake from sleep function.
Any ideas?

Sanjeeva Nagmoti

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, this setting will make you device awake when you double tap the screen.

But can any one tell me how to set the device to sleep mode by double tapping? This feature was available in my 640xl phone, I used to set the device by double tapping the task bar. This is missing in win 10 OS.

muciumbe

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone help? I've recently updated my UK unlocked Lumia 930 to Windows 10 Mobile. I can't find how to turn on the double-tap to awake from sleep function.
Any ideas?

After wm10 upgrade i lost also double tap. There was no touch in extra, settings. Restored from a previous backup and I've got my touch settings back again. Cheers

Maglor1981

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I found a solution. Download SysApp Pusher and install it from store. Then run it and under Microfost mobile scroll down till you find system. In there you will find "touch". Click and you are directed to the store to download and install it.

There are also more things if you don't have them. For example there is the rate your phone that didn't exist on my brother's 930 and display that it didn't exist neither, although on my lumia 640XL were there.

Last edited:

AJE1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I found a solution. Download SysApp Pusher and install it from store. Then run it and under Microfost mobile scroll down till you find system. In there you will find "touch". Click and you are directed to the store to download and install it.

That works for the "double-tap to awake". Many thanks. Still can't work out how to get "Hey Cortana", though.

Maglor1981

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Weird as it seems no there is no update. Neither on my 640XL nor to my brother 930. To show an update an app must be installed. And touch simply wasn't installed after reseting the phone to get a clean install of wp10.
So no update....

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
As I've both phones on WM10 I can yet you know how it is for me!

930 double tap to awake is there as usual in Touch
940XL doesn't double tap to awake, but has a double tap navigation bar to sleep, which is strange as it's usually hidden? So swipe up from the bottom then double tap.

No one has mentioned a hard reset....which fixes most things!

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
As I've both phones on WM10 I can yet you know how it is for me!

930 double tap to awake is there as usual in Touch
940XL doesn't double tap to awake, but has a double tap navigation bar to sleep, which is strange as it's usually hidden? So swipe up from the bottom then double tap.

No one has mentioned a hard reset....which fixes most things!

THIS ! For me, double tap to awake was absent at first, but the option reappeared after hard reset. So, even if it is not necessary to hard reset the device, it is good to do so.

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
For those wondering:

Double tap to wake is missing on new phones (650, 550, 950/XL). If you have an older phone: Settings>Extra>Touch

Double tap on nav bar to sleep is avaible on any virtual key device sans 63x and 530. It is present on Settings>Personalization>LockScreen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro