Share your 930s battery life on W10M !

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
So, now when my phone is back, repaired and fully functional I can finally use it :cool:

However, I am curious about other 930s battery life under Windows Mobile 10. My phone gives me full 2 days of light / moderate usage, with 4G network, WiFi and Bluetooth turned all the time (I am using Microsoft Band, too). Some short calls, e-mails being pushed, some photos sometimes, some quick Internet browsing sometimes. Nothing big. Yesterday when I tried to watch some YT videos, it discharged much faster of course. But... somehow I feel it is slightly too fast (apart from YT videos, ofc.)

Could you please share some of your statistics ? But only for WM10, please !

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Usage statistics don't show how long you have been off the charger on W10 so I can't give you the exact number. Battery life is roughly 75% of what it was on 8.1, tried 10586 and now running the redstone build with same results. Got a full day on 8.1, now I must plug it in by dinner.

W10 is not as well optimized for phones as 8.1 was in my experience.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
It's another one on the list of lost features when jumping to w10.

Rolling back to 8.1 as I type this, my phone was burning hot this morning, battery at 88% even when it was plugged in all night. Hope it didn't kill it.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have some impression that after last .218 update the battery life is significantly better.
Still testing, but I still have 72% left after 20 hours of usage.

KkDrummer

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Until yesterday I was really impressed with the battery life...about 3% every hour with the phone on stand by. After the latest update I am getting about 4% every half an hour. Anyone going through the same pattern? I tried a full discharge last night, but no luck.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Until yesterday I was really impressed with the battery life...about 3% every hour with the phone on stand by. After the latest update I am getting about 4% every half an hour. Anyone going through the same pattern? I tried a full discharge last night, but no luck.

I'd check if all the updates from the store have been already installed and the other thing - make sure you log out of the Skype and Skype video - they log on you automatically.

Last edited:

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
After three days of use, mostly WhatsApp in the evening, the phone of my dad still has 76% battery: that is a Lumia 640XL. Now I compare it to my 930 ... well, at home without moving it around, I was able to get below 1% per hour, but that is rather seldom and I have to not move it. Usually when away and moving with the phone I get 2% per hour.
I think there is something wrong with the firmware at best as this was so with Windows Phone 8.1 too.

I disabled Location once and noticed that the stand-by drainage of my 930 became superb (around 0,5% per hour and below) but that disabled Cortana altogether; so, I hope for the Anniversary Update and that Location service is the culprit but I detest to disable it as it restricts the usability of my 930.

ap0calypto

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I have win 10 for about 2 weeks. Did OTA update, felt very slow with lots of problems. Did a hard reset and after that is pretty good. Before yesterday, insider app and battery saver would say that u have 1day 18h left(which is insane) i never had that kind of battery. I found it odd, i thought its not real. I disscharged phone to 4% and charged it thru the night with wireless charger. Today i has to charge it two times since it showed that would only last for 9h which is 1 day and 9 h shorter than day before. Didnt change nothing, really nothing. This is worst then 4s that i had before WP.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Well.... I can update my results; with slight usage like one - two short phone calls, email sync ON, WiFi & Bluetooth ON (for my Microsoft Band and car handsfree) and one - two photos I get full three days until battery saver kicks-in.
Amazing I think.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Battery app shows the time based on use. And good luck discharging your battery down to 4%. You're killing it slowly.

68%, 3d 14h left with phone idle in my pocket.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a significant improvement after OneDrive updated to 17.10. I use OneDrive a lot and also upload pictures to it automatically. I always had issues with the 930 heating up and pretty bad battery drain. Since 17.10 there is no more heating up.... Can run nearly 2 days on a charge now. On .242.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
With the latest build i get a full day, and i'm quite happy since i saw the battery life on earlier builds in the past year. This is good since i have a few short calls, whatsapp, fb, instagram and FB thrueout the day, texting quite a lot, syncing 3 emails as they arrive. I'm happy as long as i can get thrue the whole day, only sometimes i can't.

It will get even better when they fully optimize it as 8.1 was at the end. Happy user!

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded to .318 yesterday and will be watching how the drain is over night. Last night it was 7% (23:30 - 7:30), which I think is still too much. It was in flight mode (w/o wifi). Other then that screen flicker seems to have gone and also no more heating of the phone (which the 930 likes to do because it does not seem to know when it is summer!).

ksssksss

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Last day m 930 suddenly started to drain the battery. 15% or per hour. No clue what happened. If it was an app that got updated, or the OS it self. It just started....Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077