Sad face failure on 930

Peterpenhk

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Last night when my 930 (running WIN10) was updating, it ran into a smiley face and stuck there. I tried to hard reset the phone, but it can't get to the stage with the exclamation mark (nokia screen -> rotating gear -> sad face). Does anyone know if there's anything else I can try before sending my phone to service centre?

Cheers,
Peter

Gaurav Sag

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi Peter, You can try with soft reset , Vol down +power key for 10 sec at same time . It might resolve your issue if not then you can visit service center

Peterpenhk

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I've tried that, what happen is another loop: Vibration -> Nokia screen -> Vibration -> Nokia screen....

Peter

Gaurav Sag

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Peter this loop accruing due to both keys are not pressed together or might be you left them on mid . as i faced same infinite loop , try once again and press them for more then 10 sec

Peterpenhk

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Gaurav,

So there're two situations, starting with the phone off:
If I press and hold vol- and power, it vibrates almost instantly, get into the Nokia screen and vibrates again 1 or 2 secs later.
And if a release the buttons after the restart (indicates by the vibration), it get into Nokia screen -> rotating gear -> sad face :-( and then turn itself off few seconds later. I can force restart midway during the rotating gear or sad face, however it doesn't end up with any other scenarios...

Thanks for helping anyways!

Peterpenhk

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Gaurav,

I've tried prese and holding the buttons for over a minute, all it did was: turn on -> nokia screen , few seconds later-> restart - > nokia screen -> restart ->....

Up to which point should I release the buttons? otherwise seems to me it's restarting itself infinitely by holding the buttons

Peter

Ishara Lakshan

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have the same problem.my 930 also got restart several time whene playing a game.before 2 weeks it was not restart,but got off.i had to on again and got on.then it was got restart it self.indicated the battery dead.nokia icon,then windows icon,again nokia,windows.....I gave it to nokia care center and they said that there is a flash failure.so can't install software again,would have to replace a mother board.its very expencive.nearly 30$.can it fix without replacing the main board?

Ishara.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Try plugging in your phones into a PC and see if you can retrieve any of your data as the only way to get your L930 back to working order is to use the windows device recovery tool.

1) Make sure your phone is fully charged
2) Use the cable supplied with the phone as that is a factory cable.
3) After doing a soft reset, immediately hold the volume up button and hold it until you see Nokia logo move to the top and the screen go into a red screen with the Nokia logo ontop. This the bootloader.
4) Open up the windows recovery tool if you haven't already and click my phone is not detected, plug your phone in and you will need to wait a bit.
5) The reflashing process should begin, make sure your phone does not run out of charge otherwise you will most likely end up with a bricked device.

Gaurav Sag

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Try plugging in your phones into a PC and see if you can retrieve any of your data as the only way to get your L930 back to working order is to use the windows device recovery tool.

1) Make sure your phone is fully charged
2) Use the cable supplied with the phone as that is a factory cable.
3) After doing a soft reset, immediately hold the volume up button and hold it until you see Nokia logo move to the top and the screen go into a red screen with the Nokia logo ontop. This the bootloader.
4) Open up the windows recovery tool if you haven't already and click my phone is not detected, plug your phone in and you will need to wait a bit.
5) The reflashing process should begin, make sure your phone does not run out of charge otherwise you will most likely end up with a bricked device.

Thanks

Ishara Lakshan

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey TechFreak1, thanx for ur solutions, but my L930 isn't getting on totaly.i was pressed vol.down n power keys together.then it was vibrated and came nokia icon.then battery dead icon and then windows icon.again nokia icon, battery low icon, windows icon.it's repeating for 10-15mins,then no any signs.if I would pressed those buttons, happens those things that I've said above.it's going nearly 300$ (not 30$)to replace mother board.please tell me how to get life of my phone.
Thanks

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey TechFreak1, thanx for ur solutions, but my L930 isn't getting on totaly.i was pressed vol.down n power keys together.then it was vibrated and came nokia icon.then battery dead icon and then windows icon.again nokia icon, battery low icon, windows icon.it's repeating for 10-15mins,then no any signs.if I would pressed those buttons, happens those things that I've said above.it's going nearly 300$ (not 30$)to replace mother board.please tell me how to get life of my phone.
Thanks

Check your charger or the usb port, sounds like it's not receiving any charge at all.

I had the same issue with my 920, I took it apart and squashed the usb port with little pressure (I don't recommend this on the 930) as it's not as easy as the 920 to disassemble. Also use the quote button when replying :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett