Strange behavior after restore, what do I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Strange behaviour after restore

Yesterday I went into fast ring on my Lumia 930 (at the time with build 10.0.10586.218) and started downloading preview build 14332.
This ended up with a sad face, no error message of any kind, just the sad face and an endless boot cycle.

After a couple of trial with Windows Device Recovery Tool I managed to rollback to Windows 8 (or 8.1, didn't notice).
Then after adding Upgrade Advisor I managed to upgrade to Windows 10 again.
After some more updates I ended up again with 10.0.10586.218.

However some strange behaviours:
My calendar does not enable any week/month or year view, just toggling between agenda and day view.
In addition the SMS's are shown with timestamps suffixed with "a" or "p" even if language setting is not advising that (both of these peculiarities look ok on my wife's Lumia 640 with the same settings !).

I know that fast ring is risky and I will never ever try it again (not the first time I ended up with a bricked phone), but how these kind of peculiarities can happen is totally above my understanding (it seems like I do not have the indicated 1.0.10586.218 build at all)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Strange behaviour after restore

Yesterday I went into fast ring on my Lumia 930 (at the time with build 10.0.10586.218) and started downloading preview build 14332.
This ended up with a sad face, no error message of any kind, just the sad face and an endless boot cycle.

After a couple of trial with Windows Device Recovery Tool I managed to rollback to Windows 8 (or 8.1, didn't notice).
Then after adding Upgrade Advisor I managed to upgrade to Windows 10 again.
After some more updates I ended up again with 10.0.10586.218.

However some strange behaviours:
My calendar does not enable any week/month or year view, just toggling between agenda and day view.
In addition the SMS's are shown with timestamps suffixed with "a" or "p" even if language setting is not advising that (both of these peculiarities look ok on my wife's Lumia 640 with the same settings !).

I know that fast ring is risky and I will never ever try it again (not the first time I ended up with a bricked phone), but how these kind of peculiarities can happen is totally above my understanding (it seems like I do not have the indicated 1.0.10586.218 build at all)

are both apps updated? Mail and calendar app and messaging app?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers