Windows Device Recovery Later Firmware Earlier OS Build?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows Device Recovery Later Firmware Earlier OS Build

Windows Device Recovery shows Later Firmware and Earlier OS Build on Server than on my Lumia 930 and is asking for me to install the software. Will it install just the Firmware update? Would you recommend to say yes?
My phone doesn't see any update available. Im just worried it will install the earlier OS Build aswell.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Device Recovery Later Firmware Earlier OS Build

It will install both. I would install it as I like to have the latest firmware, but it's up to you. Remember the update process will wipe your phone, so a backup is advised before you update.

cybernouris

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Device Recovery Later Firmware Earlier OS Build

I was about to create a new thread until I found this.

I'm with a 950 XL, just updated to 14356. While checking version numbers to make sure this is up to date, I was that my firmware version is 01078.00038.16025.39017 when WDRT says 01078.00038.16082.36017.

I want to have this updated firmware, but I never received a notification about while being in threshold production and/or release preview. I was left with the impression that after some time in March, we would all get firmware updates regardless of insider channel.

I was reluctant to let WDRT update it for me, since it says that it will wipe the phone and probably install the latest production OS version, wiping the device in the process. Do we have a changelog for this version? I don't want to wipe the phone now.

Other weird thing is that it says the latest production version which is 10586.13080. 10586.13080???

Here's a screenshot, ignore the Greek characters.
wdrt.PNG

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually, that's been like that for a month or two now, it's a firmware that didn't do much. There's actually a Windows Central story on it if your willing to search for it to get more information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett