Lumia 930 won't turn on, reset, or anything

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Using my Lumia 930's camera a lot yesterday brought the battery down to about 8%. I thought this was OK as it's been this low before. When I got home I plugged it into the PC, then later on into the wall socket. When I woke up this morning, it won't turn on. Doing a volume down + power button reset did nothing - no vibration, no screen, nothing. I tried two other chargers and they did nothing. Putting it on the wireless charger, the light didn't even come on.

Following the advice in another thread, I downloaded the Windows Device Recovery Tool. It couldn't detect the phone as being connected to the PC. Nor could Windows. So it looks as if the battery is dead.

I'm in the UK so I might be able to find a phone repairer that will take on the job. But before I do, is there anything else I can try? Thanks in advance.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The battery on the 930 is pretty easy to replace, there is videos on YouTube. I replaced mine earlier this year. New genuine batteries are pretty cheap to.

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had time to post an update on this as I'm on vacation in a place with very limited internet, but I've solved the problem. I plugged the phone into my laptop and held down the power button for a while. The battery charging symbol came up, so I knew it wasn't the screen that was the problem. I waited for an hour or so and tried booting the phone. It came up to the lock screen so I logged in. The battery was at about 14% or something (I can't remember the exact figure) so I left it charging from the laptop. Eventually it was at 100% and seems to work, and charge, normally.

I have no idea what fixed the problem. Was it just down to waiting a few days? No idea. Why did it not charge from the PC or the wall socket but did charge from the laptop? No idea. Why did it not even show a battery charging symbol before? No idea. Anyway, I just thought I'd post this for completion. And on the remote off-chance that it might help someone in the same situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss