Lumia 930 Nokia Care Suite test mode

eldarkt

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
I spent a lot of time to make it work (Test mode in NCS for lumia 930) because it looks like NCS servers doesn't work anymore, and even Lumia Phone Test Application (LPTA) isn't supported anymore (though LPTA servers for download firmware/test packages still working).

NCS is much better than LPTA from my point of view because it has not only "checks", but also "calibrations" - for example, for proximity sensor.

So, here you can find all you need to make it work:
1) Download this TestMode.zip file.
2) Install Care Suite 5.5.132.1446_Full from there (BTW, this is the only NCS version from about 5 versions I tried, where all tests working, lower versions doesn't have all functionality and higher versions says RM1045 is unsupported for some reason)
3) Copy TestModePackage folder from there to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-1045\

That's it, now just run it (NCS->Product Support Tool), and choose "work offline".

Here you can also find LPTA installer (since you can't download it anymore from Microsoft) and some firmware files.

Last edited:

turac

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I did what you say in order but I always got this error: "data package selection error" "product code reading failed"

What am i doing wrong? I appreciate your quick answer. Thanks in advance.

Ekran Al?nt?s?.PNG

eldarkt

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi turac,
Sorry, but I have no idea what's wrong in your case - I never saw this kind of error...
With this NCS version (5.5.132.1446) my Lumia 930 identified immediately after connect without any errors.
Try to temporary delete (or rename) folder rm-1045 in C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\, will the error message change?...

eldarkt

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
059W9R6

If your product code differ from this one, you can try to download test package with LPTA tool (link in my first post, it will be downloaded to the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\rm-1045\), and just copy it to the nokia folder - essentially packages is the same, that's how I did it for my product code (but I also had to download previous version of this test package, for some reason NCS required it).

BTW, If I delete/rename rm-1045 folder NCS detects phone successfully, and when after that I choose "test mode" in left pane I see this error:
2016-08-28 (30).png

Last edited:

jadonx

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the first error due I only had program data nokia packages folder and dropped package there. I then created the products/rm-1045 myself and dropped test package there. I ran again but just seems to cycle out of test mode back to normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa