Why does my phone go from 4G to H+?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It's probably because your 930 has 4G support for data but not voice when it comes to using it on your carrier.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - but my voice and data are on different bands right?
I should probably try it on wifi - think it will make a difference?

It's probably because your 930 has 4G support for data but not voice when it comes to using it on your carrier.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
This is carrier and phone dependent together. You are free to try it on WiFi though and see if it makes a difference. I doubt that it will though.

Question: Are you also using data while on a call?

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

No, your voice and data can be transmitted on any band. Just like you can receive mobile data on H, 3G or 4G. If your phone switches from 4G to 3G or H during call it means that the mobile provider does not support HD Voice so instead of using 4G band phone uses different mobile band for call.

If your carrier would support HD voice it would use 4G band during the voice call, it doesn't mean it would eat up your mobile data plan.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes during a call, we have questions - like 'who was in that movie' or 'whatsapp me that photo'. So I use data.

You've never done this? Maybe I am nuts?

This is carrier and phone dependent together. You are free to try it on WiFi though and see if it makes a difference. I doubt that it will though.

Question: Are you also using data while on a call?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes during a call, we have questions - like 'who was in that movie' or 'whatsapp me that photo'. So I use data.

You've never done this? Maybe I am nuts?

Nope, you're not. I do it all the time. I have had phones that are normally in LTE (what you all call 4G) but when it comes to a call, it drops. In those cases, it's what @Chomiq said. The phones that this happened with were not VoLTE/HD Voice over LTE enabled with my carrier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes