Lumia 930 bad camera

Issam Drina

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
hello. i just bought a Lumia 930. but i have a lot of problems about it.
The biggest one it's the camera. the 20mp it's not that good, even my ex phone (Samsung galaxy X4's camera was much better).
and the front camera 😖... really a catastrophic pictures with the front camera.
I'm really disappointed
what i mean, both of the cameras are so bad, what i can do about it?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
hello. i just bought a Lumia 930. but i have a lot of problems about it.
The biggest one it's the camera. the 20mp it's not that good, even my ex phone (Samsung galaxy X4's camera was much better).
and the front camera ??????... really a catastrophic pictures with the front camera.
I'm really disappointed
what i mean, both of the cameras are so bad, what i can do about it?

Hi there - i'm a bit surprised to hear you say that. I've always been quite impressed the with Lumia 930/Icon's camera. Would you mind posting a few of your photos? We may be able to give you some better answers then.

Issam Drina

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there - i'm a bit surprised to hear you say that. I've always been quite impressed the with Lumia 930/Icon's camera. Would you mind posting a few of your photos? We may be able to give you some better answers then.

yeah sure
you can connect me to send you some of photos

thank you so much ������

Last edited by a moderator:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, for starters, those two pictures are under very different lighting conditions! In the S4 picture, it's a bright day out so the lens is well illuminated. In the 930 picture, you're in a darkish room and the light source is actually behind you in the picture. That kind of light condition will definitely be less than ideal.

But the front camera on the 4s is probably better than the 930. You could probably get that just from looking at the specs. The Galaxy 4S front camera is 2Mp, and the Lumia 930's front camera is 1.2Mp.

How about pictures with the main camera? The Lumia 930's camera is vastly better than the Galaxy S4. You can see that too just from looking at the specs. Check it out: Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Nokia Lumia 930 - Phone specs comparison

Issam Drina

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
test.jpg

the colors are not really clear but i think that you can see the difference
tomorow morning i'll try to post a outdoors photos in the good brightness (y)

Issam Drina

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
test 2.png

comparing it with 13mp camera and it doesn't look even in the same quality with tha Lumia
i hope that you can see what i'm trying to say, also i hope if there is something that i can do to fix this
:-/

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I can see that the Galaxy's photos are better (the photos taken with the rear camera). That is odd, I've seen a lot of photo samples from the 930 around this forum, and most of them has been impressive.

May I know in what condition did you buy your 930? Is it refurbished/used, or is it a brand new device? Also, what OS is your 930 running? Windows Phone 8.1 (WP8.1), or Windows 10 Mobile (W10M)?

From what people have been saying around this forum, the camera quality dropped A BIT after updating the OS to W10M, but still the photo samples they show only differs a little bit from each other. The difference in quality is so small, you'd have to be a pixel-peeper to notice them, imo.

Issam Drina

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
it's windows 10, but it was the same probleme withe W 8.1
and Yes, it's an used phone
what of it's an used phone? the camera quality will redouce in time!!

Niel A

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
it's windows 10, but it was the same probleme withe W 8.1
and Yes, it's an used phone
what of it's an used phone? the camera quality will redouce in time!!

I am a 930 user and my phone's camera is really good. Have u tried resetting it thru Windows recovery tool? That might solve the issue if it is not the hardware that is causing the problem

Issam Drina

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I am a 930 user and my phone's camera is really good. Have u tried resetting it thru Windows recovery tool? That might solve the issue if it is not the hardware that is causing the problem

do you mean to dawngrade it to Windows 8.1?
okay, i'll try it and i'll tell you if there is a change or not
thank you for everything

Issam Drina

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. Maybe there is a hardware factor. For ur front camera, always use manual mode with settings for ISO:100 SHUTTERspeed:1/8
Activate HDR for ur rear camera.

the front camera's sittings works better now. Thank you so much
but the HDR mode for the rear camera make better shots, but the galaxy still better :-/
thank you Niel A ^_^

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
One question. How does the hardware camera button work for you? No issues at all? (Not talking about quality of pictures right now.)

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Issam Drina

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
no it's not
i compare it with iPhone 6. the iPhone's much better
NB. the camera looks fine (not really good) while i trying to take a shot, but the quality reduce after take the picture, the post process make the pictures worst not better

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte