Creators Update

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've installed it manually via the Insider programme, selecting the Slow Ring and updating as far as it will go, then selecting Release Preview to get the final .251 build. I haven't had the opportunity to test things much yet, but the phone is still recognisably a phone rather than having turned into a block of cheese, for example, so the immediate outlook is promising. The distant outlook for an unsupported device is not so promising, but meh. Anyone else with the CU on their 930?

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
My 930 is running CU, too.
I still received HERE apps with it !
I also got Mix Radio, and even Nokia Account in the add-ons section !
All the greatest apps as you can see are there. On problem anyway, they are not working.

Really, it's hard to believe anyone in Microsoft is checking those builds before any release.
But they made special efforts to remove FM Radio application long ago already.

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have two 930's and installed CU on one of them. Hated it to be honest, my whatsapp became very unstable. Had to reset the app and phone a few times a day, mostly during sharing images or video via whatsapp. Almost no problems on Anniversary.

Sent from mTalk

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.. I've found CU totally unusable with my phone.
These are the issues I've had with my 930 and CU:
1. Battery drain
2. Camera flicks on startup
3. Edge freezing
4. Sensors issue (can't play games where you need to tilt device)
5. Secondary microphone doesn't work (this didn't worke with AU also). The one for Voice recording and Cortana music search.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I find that I have the same microphone problem....just tested Voice Recorder on my snoring cat. I tried Reset for that app in Apps, Apps and features, Advanced, but there was no response when I tapped. It probably would not have fixed it anyway, since it's presumably a system fault rather than an app one. :(

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
i wish i had found this threat before jumping to insider. CU messed it really bad. Laggy settings, camera flicks, battery drain, got overheating faster and created me the yellow blur. i now reverted back to AU after upgrading from 8.1. Now i have to find if anyone locally can change my lcd ata reasonable price

thenanoguy

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.. I've found CU totally unusable with my phone.
These are the issues I've had with my 930 and CU:
1. Battery drain
2. Camera flicks on startup
3. Edge freezing
4. Sensors issue (can't play games where you need to tilt device)
5. Secondary microphone doesn't work (this didn't worke with AU also). The one for Voice recording and Cortana music search.

I have to say battery life is comparable to Windows Phone 8.1, and Edge works pretty well, as are all the sensors. However, the back camera does the "blinking", "flicking' or whatever you wanna call it - and it is a software issue, as opening any lens app works just as intended, no blinking. Also, the top microphones don't work, except for very loud sound, which makes me think there's a grounding that causes a short circuit on the mic pre-amp. Video recording only has a very faint left channel, so this must be it.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss