Whats the 930 like on CU windows 10?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I wonder because its a pretty high spec device now for the price.

Probably a little buggy though I suspect given it wasn't originally a windows 10 phone.

Cheers :)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Snappy

I was looking forward to having CU on release preview for my 950xl and it's proved to be the same feeling when finally arrived. Snappy :)

Like while on fast ring, the 930 felt better than my 950xl that I keep on release preview max. Oh and I prefer the size of that than my 950XL

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Snappy

I was looking forward to having CU on release preview for my 950xl and it's proved to be the same feeling when finally arrived. Snappy :)

Like while on fast ring, the 930 felt better than my 950xl that I keep on release preview max. Oh and I prefer the size of that than my 950XL

So no bugs or crashes at all?

That seems promising :)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I didn't say that :D Just snappy and snappy is good!

Snappier bug and crash recovery? :kiss:

So what do you mean by buggy exactly?

I'm still thinking about this phone because despite no longer being supported, its the best spec'd windows phone for the price that I can see. Great camera, decent CPU, decent ram, decent battery....

What is your experience of bugs and crashes versus say a 650 or 950?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@Drael646464 I didn't say it was buggy, just your standard windows behaviour, random app crashes. I can't comment fully as it's not my daily driver, but I have all my stuff on it and when i fire it up, it all boots up and works pretty good.

My only real beef with it is the fact that the mic used for speaker phone, video recording, video calls died shortly after or with the denim update and it seems a lot of people experienced the same thing. Some say it's hardware issue, and some have even fixed it by replacing the mic.

There is no answer for why so many have bad mic (the other 3mic are fine I think) and something you should watch for if buying a used 930

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
@Drael646464 I didn't say it was buggy, just your standard windows behaviour, random app crashes. I can't comment fully as it's not my daily driver, but I have all my stuff on it and when i fire it up, it all boots up and works pretty good.

My only real beef with it is the fact that the mic used for speaker phone, video recording, video calls died shortly after or with the denim update and it seems a lot of people experienced the same thing. Some say it's hardware issue, and some have even fixed it by replacing the mic.

There is no answer for why so many have bad mic (the other 3mic are fine I think) and something you should watch for if buying a used 930

So random app crashes is something you get on a phone designed for windows 10 mobile, like the 950 or x3? Not specific apps, but just general system instability?

Or is this something you have only experienced on 8.1 phones revision upgraded?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Apps crash every so often. I don't have problems with core stuff like mail, calling messaging... Instagram likes to crash while I'm doing a story and editing it... I find graphical, video type of stuff has higher tendency to crash, windows central app crashes more than it should :(

I point my finger at the apps more than the system, but why devs can't contain that better I don't know.

That said, I don't think w10 is problematic on this point

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99