Boot Cycle and now dead?

TomFL12

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
My 930 ended up in a death spiral of boot loops unless it was plugged in. I found a few threads on here that referred to using Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT) so downloaded and gave it a go.

Reinstalled the latest available software and that's where it's all gone downhill. Before i used to be able to soft reset and get it to cut out of boot loop when on charge... now nothing.

It spiraled to 0% battery and now won't switch back on. I've left it to charge overnight, swapping halfway through the night from cable to wireless charging... Nothing.

Can't soft reset, hard reset and if i connect to PC and WDRT it tells me that it can't recognise any connected devices.

In short, my 2 1/2 years of trouble free motoring seem to have just hit a very immovable wall.

Any ideas?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, it sounds very much like the battery is faulty.
My Lumia 930 has started having battery issues (after 2 1/2 years also).
Do you have another charger you can try?
Other than that I would look to purchase a replacement battery.

TomFL12

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi, it sounds very much like the battery is faulty.
My Lumia 930 has started having battery issues (after 2 1/2 years also).
Do you have another charger you can try?
Other than that I would look to purchase a replacement battery.

Managed to get an 'Emergency Recovery' installed on it from WDRT and it rebooted in Windows 8.1. Still has boot loop issues and has taken around 6 hours to get to 100% battery :eek:

dj_hetick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Facing boot loop month ago, after windows update ota. Try all suggestion, restart, hard reset, downgrade, windows device recovery, none of them work. Now rip. No solution at all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999