Why images look better on my Phone compared to my PC?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Most of the times, images look MUCH more better on my phone's screen compared to my PC (Surface 3)?
Is there any technology behind this?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Displays vary between devices some are more color accurate, some are more vibrant etc.

Your phone's display is AMOLED which is typically more vibrant / saturated than LCD's often found in PC's. Also the individual settings may play a role as well. (Lumia Color Profile)

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
You will notice that Samsung and IPhone screens really make those colors pop, but when you compare pictures on PC/TV they will look crap. WP has more accurate colors, and looks better on other screens. I've noticed this a long time ago when we put lots of pics from the same vacation trip together.

Best program for me to edit saturation, colors and pictures in general is Adobe Lightroom, love it :)

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
The SP3 isn't known for the best screen. I had one for about a year before giving it to a co-worker.

For color work, I'm a big fan of GIMP.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the informative reply!
Sorry for not being clear about calibration app, I mean an app to calibrate the colors of the screen itself, just like Lumia color profile app!!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Under windows 10 open settings.
In the search bar at the top in the settings window type "calibrate" a selection will appear after clicking search.
This should open a screen that will walk the user through a quick screen and color calibration regime.

After calibration the "Cleartype" dialog should be available also to adjust text displayed in Windows.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Even colour calibration may not be enough. Buy an OLED monitor, would be pretty good!

My 950XL stuff looks great on my OLED TV

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
He's asking about a surface 3 but that's still a good point, it's a really decent screen so not sure what @FAHMI BASSEM is referring to. I've browsed a lot of photos from my phone (950XL) to surface 3 without complaint. Photos app, one drive integration.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Post a picture u think looks good on your phone and crap on your S3. So we can view it on our S3s.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12