Is it worth replacing the battery on the Lumia 930?

llama233

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site
I've recently acquired a Lumia 930 which I've used over the past week. It's my first ever Windows Mobile device and I actually like it a lot (despite it not getting any love from MS or third parties).

One of the biggest problems I have is the battery - I can't get through a day of normal use without charging it at some stage. I don't need multiday battery life but it would be nice to only have to charge it when I go to bed at night. I'm not doing anything too extreme, but using Edge seems to drain it very quickly!

So, is it a case of the phone being 4 years old now and the battery having lost some life? Would a replacement battery give me a full day or is Win10M just never going to be as efficient as Win8.1 was? I've also seen some larger capacity batteries on Aliexpress (3000MAh vs the normal 2420) which seem to have ok reviews and are pretty cheap ($14 with free shipping) - would these be any good or am I better off sticking with Nokia ones? Are there any genuine BV-5QW batteries left at this stage anyway, and if they are genuine will they be any good this many years later after sitting in a warehouse?

Sorry for the barrage of questions - I'm just looking at the best way to get some more life out of this device :)

P.S I also posted this in a thread over in the Windows 10 Mobile forum but it probably sits better here.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Even with a brand new battery fitted a Lumia 930 isn't going to last a full day unless you hardly use the phone. Windows 10 really eats in to the 930s battery consumption.

smartblu

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
Have you tried ?
I'm interested as well, my Lumia 930 is getting older and older, its battery weaker and weaker.
AliExpress sell MANY batteries for Lumia 930 but I dont trust them a lot...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3