07-06-2015 10:48 AM
493 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    VZW and Phone looks gorgeous in White.
    granted there have been lots of pictures - any possible way to get a screenshot for another glance?
    01-23-2014 01:39 PM
    Oh even better. I thought i read somewhere the white was gloss, happy to be wrong on this.
    Blame WPCentral. Seems like every article about the 929 mentions glossy white and either has to be edited to say matte, or is left saying it's glossy. They just keep reporting it that way.

EDIT: exhibit A: http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-...le-early-china
    01-23-2014 02:50 PM
    Any thoughts on whether or not we'll be seeing more devices at MWC? I'm getting this phone regardless, but I'm curious.
    I'm not sure what MWC is but few devices are being tested for summer launch
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    01-23-2014 03:16 PM
    I'm not sure what MWC is but few devices are being tested for summer launch
    You work in the industry, but don't know what MWC is?!?!

According to Wikipedia, "it is the world's largest exhibition for the mobile industry", and is being held next month in Spain. Nokia is presenting new products (most likely their last) on the 24th.
    Last edited by thedogscar; 01-24-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    Tjarren likes this.
    01-24-2014 09:25 AM
    MWC - Mobile World Congress
    Mobile World Congress
    01-24-2014 09:33 AM
    MWC leaks will kill the excitement for this phone. *sigh* Oh Verizon ...
    01-24-2014 02:35 PM
    You work in the industry, but don't know what MWC is?!?!

According to Wikipedia, "it is the world's largest exhibition for the mobile industry", and is being held next month in Spain. Nokia is presenting new products (most likely their last) on the 24th.
    I'm part of the industry that decides how much you should pay for your phone bill and that you should pay more if you use more data or pay an upgrade/activation fee and so on.
    But as I mentioned before, Verizon is testing three devices for a late April/May release, whether there will be a specific phone(s) other than 929 in MWC is highly unlikely
    01-24-2014 03:08 PM
    I'm part of the industry that decides how much you should pay for your phone bill and that you should pay more if you use more data or pay an upgrade/activation fee and so on.
    But as I mentioned before, Verizon is testing three devices for a late April/May release, whether there will be a specific phone(s) other than 929 in MWC is highly unlikely
    Can you help decide to let us pay less on our phone bill?
    01-24-2014 03:11 PM
    are these all windows devices or a mix of manufacturers? :)
    01-24-2014 03:19 PM
    MWC leaks will kill the excitement for this phone. *sigh* Oh Verizon ...
    So true ...

I was excited, and planning on, buying this last November ... but with this delay, no way I would buy anything before MWC!!!

I doubt the 1820 is real ... but worth a couple more weeks to find out what Nokia has up their sleeve. As a tiny nation, Finland was very proud of Nokia. MWC is their last chance to get any phones out the door. After MWC ... the hardware will be Microsoft's. I know if I was a Finnish engineer, or executive, at Nokia ... I would want to get credit for it, and not hand off my hard work and inspiration to the next guy (and in this case a foreign mega corporation)
    01-24-2014 03:22 PM
    Then you're the one I should be asking why my phone bill was $9 more this month than last month, with no way of checking what those extra charges were.
    Tjarren likes this.
    01-24-2014 03:44 PM
    Anyone know the Microsoft Store return policy pertaining to Cell phones?
    Let's say the phone is released the 5th....that's 19 days before MWC.

Depending on whether something gets announced, how long prior to MWC can i purchase the 929 and use it before I decide to keep it or wait for one of the newer phones?
    01-24-2014 03:49 PM
    MS store's written policy is 30 days, and it must not be 'used' or 'damaged'. You then have to separately deal with Verizon's contract cancelation.

On the 'used' part ... they may be more lenient in person?
    KevinRahimi likes this.
    01-24-2014 04:05 PM
    As of tomorrow Verizon will start offering aggressive new pricing on all its devices including the Lumia 929 when it comes out (Upgrade and Retail). Also if you are upgrading with unlimited DATA, Verizon will offer 6GB of data instead of 2GB for $30 bucks (you have to ask for it as it is not advertised).
    01-26-2014 05:54 PM
    As of tomorrow Verizon will start offering aggressive new pricing on all its devices including the Lumia 929 when it comes out (Upgrade and Retail). Also if you are upgrading with unlimited DATA, Verizon will offer 6GB of data instead of 2GB for $30 bucks (you have to ask for it as it is not advertised).
    Whats with the new changes??? Perhaps to get more customers???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-26-2014 05:59 PM
    Intrigued by what classifies "aggressive pricing" on upgrade and retail devices. I'll consider buying from Verizon instead of the MSFT store if the prices are good enough.

Whats with the new changes??? Perhaps to get more customers???

Seems pretty obvious to me. The first promotion is a step in the direction of removing phone subsidies from the Verizon pricing plan. And the second is simply to give people an incentive to get off of their grandfathered unlimited data plans.
    01-26-2014 06:35 PM

Seems pretty obvious to me. The first promotion is a step in the direction of removing phone subsidies from the Verizon pricing plan. And the second is simply to give people an incentive to get off of their grandfathered unlimited data plans.
    Hmm... smart marketing move by Verizon perhaps??

01-26-2014 07:52 PM
    Intrigued by what classifies "aggressive pricing" on upgrade and retail devices. I'll consider buying from Verizon instead of the MSFT store if the prices are good enough.

Manufacturers aren't really "updating" their devices so there are less incentives for people to change their phones hence sales are down, you get the picture
    01-26-2014 07:59 PM
    Very curious to see what aggressive pricing looks like, specifically when it comes to the Icon. I'll be using a different line's upgrade so that's the price that interests me the most. Could we see $99 on contract price? Whatever it Is, it sounds like this is going to be good.
    01-26-2014 08:06 PM
    Very curious to see what aggressive pricing looks like, specifically when it comes to the Icon. I'll be using a different line's upgrade so that's the price that interests me the most. Could we see $99 on contract price? Whatever it Is, it sounds like this is going to be good.
    Looks like $100, $450. Sometimes Verizon likes to hike up the price a little in the first few weeks for the obvious reason so well see .
    01-26-2014 08:22 PM
    Here's a thought, if VZW wants to get a bump in sales...how about they...ummm...release the Icon already! I just dropped my 822 yesterday (more like it took flight and hit some pavement just right) and shattered the top left corner of the screen. I contemplated just going ahead and getting the 928, but the additional cost of the new plan, which gives me only 1GB of data ($10 more/mo vs $20 for 2GB) instead of unlimited, and the camera really is only an upgrade in the night shot and flash departments. So I bought a new digitizer and will replace it on mine and hold off until the 929 decides it's safe to come out of it's hole, probably on groundhog day at this rate.
    01-26-2014 08:30 PM
    Looks like $100, $450. Sometimes Verizon likes to hike up the price a little in the first few weeks for the obvious reason so well see .
    If it hits for $100 it will be a very good seller, probably better than the 822. The phone hits the right specs and size right now to be a hot seller at that price. Now if only the carriers would get rid of the stupid $30 upgrade fee...It's pretty sad when I can change carriers where most resellers will be able to waive the new customer activation fee, but getting VZW to waive $30 to keep a customer for 2 years...can't have that.
    01-26-2014 08:33 PM
    If it hits for $100 it will be a very good seller, probably better than the 822. The phone hits the right specs and size right now to be a hot seller at that price. Now if only the carriers would get rid of the stupid $30 upgrade fee...It's pretty sad when I can change carriers where most resellers will be able to waive the new customer activation fee, but getting VZW to waive $30 to keep a customer for 2 years...can't have that.
    It won't change how much the Icon sells vs other phones if Verizon's whole line up is going to be having similar price change.
    Last edited by Indistinguishable; 01-26-2014 at 10:04 PM.
    01-26-2014 09:35 PM
    It won't change how much the Icon sells vs other phones if Verizon's whole line up is going to be having similar price change.
    I disagree. Except the iPhone, everything else VZW is carrying right now is old or not all that popular right now. A new flagship level phone coming out at that price will sell quite well.
    01-27-2014 04:58 AM
    I disagree. Except the iPhone, everything else VZW is carrying right now is old or not all that popular right now. A new flagship level phone coming out at that price will sell quite well.
    I don't really have time to explain the logistics behind this at work. But here's quick and short of it: Verizon devices are licensed by one major entity: Verizon. Thus, within the marketplace for Verizon licensed devices, Verizon has a monopoly. Assuming there is a price decrease across the board on Verizon offerings, this will not significantly change how the NL Icon will sell now vs. other Verizon devices.

The main intention here, in my opinion, is to make a move towards non-subsidized devices. Tc mentioned that VZW is looking to make that move in 2014 in earlier comments. If they sell more phones in that transition period, that's a nice bonus for them. But that's not going to be the major impact.
    01-27-2014 07:48 AM
493 ... 89101112 ...