07-06-2015 10:48 AM
493 ... 1617181920
tools
    Just got my Icon today!! Stoked! Will definitely take some getting used to. But so far in blown away by the hardware quality of this Nokia! Love the feel of it! 8.1 can't come soon enough lol!
    04-07-2014 06:21 PM
    Got mine (retail price to keep unlimited data) on 4/17/14

Figured I'd add myself to the list. Read through this thread from page 1 and had no idea how drawn out this phone's release was! If I had been following this phone since day one, I probably would have shot myself in the face! My heart goes out to all who sat, stewing in frustration over when this phone would finally see the light of day!

Proud new owner of a white Icon. Love the premium look/feel of this phone. Coming from 64 GB Black iPhone 4S.

:)
    bgl321 likes this.
    04-22-2014 02:55 AM
    Just got my Icon yesterday. I am a little confused on where things are but I know that I just have to get used to it. I am coming off of an iPhone 5. I like the live tiles, I love the look and feel of phone. The camera is the most amazing camera on a phone possible. Just gotta tweek it a little more and I dont think i will be going back to iPhone.
    04-23-2014 08:52 AM
    Got mine (retail price to keep unlimited data) on 4/17/14

Figured I'd add myself to the list. Read through this thread from page 1 and had no idea how drawn out this phone's release was! If I had been following this phone since day one, I probably would have shot myself in the face! My heart goes out to all who sat, stewing in frustration over when this phone would finally see the light of day!

Proud new owner of a white Icon. Love the premium look/feel of this phone. Coming from 64 GB Black iPhone 4S.

:)
    It was a long wait... But we were rewarded!

Just got my Icon yesterday. I am a little confused on where things are but I know that I just have to get used to it. I am coming off of an iPhone 5. I like the live tiles, I love the look and feel of phone. The camera is the most amazing camera on a phone possible. Just gotta tweek it a little more and I dont think i will be going back to iPhone.
    Welcome onboard! Make sure to stick around and ask any questions you might have. Switching mobile operating systems isn't always a smooth process!
    Jeff Spradling likes this.
    04-23-2014 08:54 AM
    Well decided to pull the trigged and give WP a try... I'm a diehard Apple guy, but wanted to try something different (and a bigger screen, won't lie ;). Tried Android a few times in the past, always ended up fed up after a couple of months if not less. Hopefully WP will be something new and refreshing. I think seeing that 8.1 was on the horizon (hopefully available soon!) and seeing how well the Icon has been received, made me say "why not give it a shake". I had an upgrade available on my vz account, and Amazon has the Icon for 149, so it was an easy sell. Should arrive tomorrow... can't wait to test it out... I always love "new gadget day" lol
    Thinking about trying WP as well. Searching through and trying to find feedback from former iPhone users. Do you still have the Icon? If so are you happy with it? Miss your iPhone? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
    05-01-2014 09:49 AM
    Just ordered my Nokia Lumia Icon in white! I got a good deal with that mothers day sale going on right now. It will be my first smartphone lol. I had a heck of a time between choosing the Icon and the new Samsung Ativ SE. I got to see both in a store. My gut told me to go with Icon. I wish that it had expandable memory and removable battery, but they aren't deal breakers for me. I need a tough phone that can survive me lol.

By the way, if I order a case that says for the nokia 929 will it fit the Icon ( I have no idea if the specs change between the 929 and what Verizon went with)?
    05-01-2014 11:01 PM
    Just ordered my Nokia Lumia Icon in white! I got a good deal with that mothers day sale going on right now. It will be my first smartphone lol. I had a heck of a time between choosing the Icon and the new Samsung Ativ SE. I got to see both in a store. My gut told me to go with Icon. I wish that it had expandable memory and removable battery, but they aren't deal breakers for me. I need a tough phone that can survive me lol.

By the way, if I order a case that says for the nokia 929 will it fit the Icon ( I have no idea if the specs change between the 929 and what Verizon went with)?
    Welcome on board! The 929 and the Icon are the same thing. It was initially thought that the Icon would be named the Nokia Lumia 929. But Verizon/Nokia ended up opting to call it the Nokia Lumia Icon instead. Same specs, same size, same phone. In fact, when you get your phone, if you go to the "about this phone" section, it'll list it as the Nokia Lumia 929 still.
    05-02-2014 07:42 AM
    Welcome on board! The 929 and the Icon are the same thing. It was initially thought that the Icon would be named the Nokia Lumia 929. But Verizon/Nokia ended up opting to call it the Nokia Lumia Icon instead. Same specs, same size, same phone. In fact, when you get your phone, if you go to the "about this phone" section, it'll list it as the Nokia Lumia 929 still.
    Ok, thanks.
    05-02-2014 07:59 AM
    For anyone still shopping, if you buy from VZW online and use the code VZWDEAL at checkout the phone will drop to $49.99.
    05-06-2014 12:02 PM
    For anyone still shopping, if you buy from VZW online and use the code VZWDEAL at checkout the phone will drop to $49.99.
    Urg I wish I had known about that! I could have saved $50......
    05-06-2014 08:30 PM
    Call Verizon and ask them if they will apply the discount. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    05-07-2014 10:09 PM
    Urg I wish I had known about that! I could have saved $50......
    Unless policy has changed if the price lowers within 30 days they will credit the difference

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro
    05-08-2014 02:28 PM
    I might call tomorrow and see if they will credit it.
    05-08-2014 08:36 PM
    Ordered mine last night from BB. It will be my first WP. Bought at full retail and will use my 14 days to try it. If I like it... I think I'm going to love it, I will keep it and sell my iphone 5S or return it and buy one a little cheaper from Ebay. Depends on what I get for the 5S. Can't wait to get her
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    05-12-2014 03:16 PM
    Got my icon today. Hard decision between this and the Galaxy Note 3. So far loving it. Deciding if I want to jump right into 8.1 or wait a bit. Thanks you all for all you input on these forums. You gave me the guts to make the leap.... More to come....
    05-23-2014 10:36 PM
    Can't wait to get this when it comes to Singapore!!!! Come on Microsoft!
    05-26-2014 02:02 AM
    Just received my Icon today and I am very pleased with it in the short time I have used it. I have been an android user for the past 6 years and felt that I wanted to go in a new direction and the windows phone operating system seemed like a logical choice since I have no interest in Apple. The windows phone kind of completes my Windows ecosystem of a 8.1 PC, 8.1 laptop, Xbox One, Surface RT along with a Surface Pro 3 purchased in the near future.

I did some research about the Icon before deciding to get it, the info and experience of users on this forum was very helpful in making my decision
    05-28-2014 01:00 PM
    Just received my Icon today and I am very pleased with it in the short time I have used it. I have been an android user for the past 6 years and felt that I wanted to go in a new direction and the windows phone operating system seemed like a logical choice since I have no interest in Apple. The windows phone kind of completes my Windows ecosystem of a 8.1 PC, 8.1 laptop, Xbox One, Surface RT along with a Surface Pro 3 purchased in the near future.

I did some research about the Icon before deciding to get it, the info and experience of users on this forum was very helpful in making my decision
    I've been using android phones for about 4 years. I'm getting a little bored with it. I also have no interest in apple. I saw the Icon on Verizon's site for 49.95 and read up on it a little and it sounded interesting. I've been using it for 3 days now, I don't plan on getting rid of my androids but I like this thing so far.
    jazz70 likes this.
    06-01-2014 04:55 PM
    The Icon is my first smartphone, which I got three weeks ago. I initially got the 928 and I really did like the 928. It seemed to fit my needs but a few days later, the gel case I bought turned brown from the charging plate and found out that the 928 battery overheated and discolored the case. So I returned the 928 and got the Icon. I like the fact that it is future proof with the 2GB of RAM and the faster processor...and I have no complaints with the Icon at all.

But somewhere in my heart, there is something, dare I say, lovable about the 928. And this is coming from a guy who has been with Apple since 1988. Microsoft finally came out with a OS that I feel is adult and elegant...and I made the switch this past year to all Windows products. It's funny....Windows is kind like what Apple was in the 1980s...the underdog with the cool system. That must be why I switched!!
    Jeff Spradling likes this.
    06-02-2014 09:02 AM
    My HTC 8X died, and although it was full cost to get the Icon, glad I did. Second day with it, and already outperforming the 8X. Work has the 1520, and loved the three row look, really opens options. Was glad the salesperson didn't talk me into the Samsung ATIV SE, reading through here and other places, made the right choice.

Even wife likes this better than the 8X, and with her iPhone addoration, thats saying alot!

Now, any 'must have' apps for the Icon? Oh, and that Nokia app 'Gift Voucher', get it! 25 bucks added to microsoft account. And not exclusive to apps like they say! Can purchase off Xbox!
    06-06-2014 03:20 PM
    I got my Icon a little over a week ago and I love it! I switched from an iPhone 3GS, so there's a world of difference.
    06-09-2014 09:14 AM
    I'm a little late, but I picked up my Icon about 3 weeks ago. Came from a BlackBerry Z10 that I absolutely loved (minus the battery life), but I've been curious to try WP for sometime. The Icon finally caught my attention enough to make me switch and I'm really liking it so far, especially after updating to 8.1! Really awesome phone!
    06-12-2014 10:27 AM
    Received my Icon 7 days ago. Came from a Trophy. I was expecting an upgrade. I was NOT expecting this kind of awesomeness. Wow, just ... wow. Only disappointment is apoelin pulled Metrotalk from the WP store a few weeks too soon for me.

And this phone has gotten sooooooooooooo much attention in just these 7 days. Everyone keeps asking what it is. Is this what it feels like to have a Trophy wife?
    billyweber0101 likes this.
    06-15-2014 08:22 PM
    Received my Icon 7 days ago. Came from a Trophy. I was expecting an upgrade. I was NOT expecting this kind of awesomeness. Wow, just ... wow. Only disappointment is apoelin pulled Metrotalk from the WP store a few weeks too soon for me.

And this phone has gotten sooooooooooooo much attention in just these 7 days. Everyone keeps asking what it is. Is this what it feels like to have a Trophy wife?
    Congrats, mate! I too made the jump from the Trophy to the Icon. What a huge improvement in every way.

I get questions from people on my phone as well. I don't get the haters that say the Icon is boring. I think it's gorgeous and professional.
    billyweber0101 likes this.
    06-16-2014 05:48 PM
    I'm a little late, but I picked up my Icon about 3 weeks ago. Came from a BlackBerry Z10 that I absolutely loved (minus the battery life), but I've been curious to try WP for sometime. The Icon finally caught my attention enough to make me switch and I'm really liking it so far, especially after updating to 8.1! Really awesome phone!
    So I'm a BlackBerry user, and I'm fed up with the double typing issue on the Q10, likely be jumping ship to the Icon. What's your take on the typing experience compared with the Z10? How does the battery life compare?
    I spent a lot of time on the Z10, and love it's virtual keyboard and tried out an Icon just last Saturday and it's keyboard seems to work well for me.
    BB_Jay likes this.
    06-17-2014 05:55 AM
493 ... 1617181920