ICON Roll Call

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. Just give me a top-flight, fully loaded phone, Verizon. I want a xenon flash. I want FM. I want a micro-SD slot. I want Qi integrated. I want the full 41 mp of love on a processor that can handle it. I want your boring corporate fingerprints off it. Tell Nokia to give you their best as they sign off. *grumble grumble*

As I said I haven't seen the phone or the official spec. What I've said was at best an "educated" guess. Keep your hopes up. You never know

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow the leaks sure have dried up the closer we've gotten to Nokia world

Yeah, they really have. We know what the front and back of the phone look like. That's all we really know for certain. We don't even know that it's 1080p. There's so much more known about the 1520 & 2520 than about the 1320/929. This device is going to be the most surprising part of the announcement. Only four days out!

miltonkes

May 12, 2013
Visit site
According to the verge, they might not be announcing this tomorrow, which sucks, because I've been waiting for sometime for it..

What to expect from Nokia World tomorrow | The Verge

"While Nokia’s Lumia 929 has leaked a few times, it appears the 5-inch 1080p device is heading to Verizon, so it’s not expected to be unveiled during Nokia World tomorrow. We’re told that it’s still undergoing carrier testing."

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
According to the verge, they might not be announcing this tomorrow, which sucks, because I've been waiting for sometime for it..

"While Nokia’s Lumia 929 has leaked a few times, it appears the 5-inch 1080p device is heading to Verizon, so it’s not expected to be unveiled during Nokia World tomorrow. We’re told that it’s still undergoing carrier testing."

I'd be delightfully surprised if it was announced at Nokia World. But I still do think that the device will be released on Verizon in November. It'd just be nice to officially hear about it. All we've heard about it thus far has been speculative.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Does it that matter though? I would think nobody was expecting a operator variant to be announced in Nokia World. It's about the global main devices.

All that matters is that Lumia 1320 will hopefully be announced tomorrow, meaning Lumia 929 is right around the corner just missing press release from Verizon and Nokia.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have had feeling since the start that Lumia 929 would not be seen in Nokia World. Lumia 2520, Lumia 1520 and likely the 3 Asha's are pretty much sure.

That said, it could be that The Verge is saying that the Lumia 1320 Verizon variant would not be seen in Nokia World, that would certainly make sense. Nokia World is about global devices and they are not going to confuse the press by announcing operator variant there. Never have before in Nokia World.

The Verge has been sticking to its guns saying that the 929 is not a variant of the 1320, but of the 1520. The 1320 is supposed to be a large screen low-mid end device. Where as the 929 is high end.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
While Nokia?s Lumia 929 has leaked a few times, it appears the 5-inch 1080p device is heading to Verizon, so it?s not expected to be unveiled during Nokia World tomorrow. We?re told that it?s still undergoing carrier testing.
Wonder if we could get TCman to weigh in on this???

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The Verge article is all speculations at best. Being said that there is no official press release for tomorrow as of right now. Verizon will probably just piggyback on Nokia US announcement

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The Verge article is all speculations at best. Being said that there is no official press release for tomorrow as of right now. Verizon will probably just piggyback on Nokia US announcement

Cool - way to get a super powerful top of the line phone and not have your own announcement, Verizon. So is there a Nokia US announcement scheduled?

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Yet again, big WP8 announcement and Verizon is nowhere to be found. For being such a large carrier they suck balls at getting anything. IPhone took years, WP8 is sucking from ATTs teet.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a 928 and am eyeing the 929. If the leaked images are accurate, which maybe since the leaked 928 images seemed accurate, then I wonder if it will actually have a 20MP sensor as it looks closer to the flat sensor on the 1350.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12