ICON Roll Call

ghostest

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I am also very interested in the battery. The 1520 has a 3,400 mAh. I would like the 929 to have the same. It's still smaller than the Droid Maxx, but would mean that the specs of the 929 meet or exceed every other phone out there. (at least to my knowledge).

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's November! Most sources say that the phone will be out this month. A couple VZW employees that are members here at WPC have said that it will be sometime in the first three weeks of November. All other sources just say it'll be out by Thanksgiving.

We're getting close!

daverath

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm really excited for this phone. My wife will definitely get one with her upgrade, and I might jump at buying one off contract. I just hope it does come out this month. I'm worried it's delayed to January.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
To answer a few things: The Phone felt like supersized 822. I have a Droid Ultra, iPhone 5c, 5s, BB Q10 and Lumia 920 and look wise I would rate 929 the least appealing one. However the screen quality and resolution of 929 is fantastic much better than 928 in that regard or any other device in Verizon's line up in my humble opinion. I didn't see a SD slot unless it's hidden or something but I'm gonna say 99.999% no expansion option but absolutely a KILLER camera. I won't talk about the pricing but you can figure out on ur own if you just look into Droid Ultra's pricing.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
To answer a few things: The Phone felt like supersized 822. I have a Droid Ultra, iPhone 5c, 5s, BB Q10 and Lumia 920 and look wise I would rate 929 the least appealing one. However the screen quality and resolution of 929 is fantastic much better than 928 in that regard or any other device in Verizon's line up in my humble opinion. I didn't see a SD slot unless it's hidden or something but I'm gonna say 99.999% no expansion option but absolutely a KILLER camera. I won't talk about the pricing but you can figure out on ur own if you just look into Droid Ultra's pricing.

Thanks, TC. I think you mean super sized 928? Still looking at a mid November release? White & black? Do you know if the white is matte or gloss?

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
What about built in wireless charging? We've got confirmed specs with the 2gb RAM and snapdragon quad-core processor... What about the charging?? And when you say it feels like the 822, do you mean physically? Is the phone thicker or is it smoothed and narrow in all the right places. Mooaaaaarrrrr

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
In one of the earlier post by the guy who posted the picture and video, I think he mentioned it was included. Being its a VW WP8 device I don't see why it wouldn't since every phone they've released thus far has had it.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
how are the speakers on the phone? stereo speakers? louder than the 920? dual speakers on the back? or did they move them to the bottom or top of the phone?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm glad to hear about the screen and camera, but it's disappointing to know that it's not going to be an attractive phone. Still I can't wait to get my hands on one in a store and play with it.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to hear about the screen and camera, but it's disappointing to know that it's not going to be an attractive phone. Still I can't wait to get my hands on one in a store and play with it.

We've seen what it looks like in the video. It looks like a jumbo black 928. I don't know how the white will look with the aluminum frame, but the black looked just fine, imo.

Some people hate the design of the 928. Others, myself included, love it. I'm not too concerned about how it's big, souped up, older brother will look.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
We've seen what it looks like in the video. It looks like a jumbo black 928. I don't know how the white will look with the aluminum frame, but the black looked just fine, imo.

Some people hate the design of the 928. Others, myself included, love it. I'm not too concerned about how it's big, souped up, older brother will look.

I like the 928 better than the 920. The 929 looked really thick in the video. I don't mind it being visually unappealing, but I hope it isn't too thick.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Looking good! The matte black is a winner for me. I actually like the taller form factor, yet its not to wide. I didn't see anything regarding battery size. I hope its a bigger one.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Looking good! The matte black is a winner for me. I actually like the taller form factor, yet its not to wide. I didn't see anything regarding battery size. I hope its a bigger one.

I agree. Although I do want to see what the white looks like. I love that it's only slightly taller than the 1020, at the same width.

Verizon_Lumia_929_1020_cleaned.jpg

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Just so you all know for comparison, the 929 is only 3mm taller and 3mm wider than the 928! It is also .4mm thicker and 4g heavier than the 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6