ICON Roll Call

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What about built in wireless charging? We've got confirmed specs with the 2gb RAM and snapdragon quad-core processor... What about the charging?? And when you say it feels like the 822, do you mean physically? Is the phone thicker or is it smoothed and narrow in all the right places. Mooaaaaarrrrr

Oh Wireless charging and 2GB, HD display confirmed long time ago I think like a month ago. Umm I meant physically. Honestly I never had a WP that didn't run smoothly but it is noticeably fast and smooth.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh Wireless charging and 2GB, HD display confirmed long time ago I think like a month ago. Umm I meant physically. Honestly I never had a WP that didn't run smoothly but it is noticeably fast and smooth.

TC - WPC says it's only coming in 32gb. Do you think there will be a 64gb version as well?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
This will be my first windows phone since my old titan 2. Really looking forward to trying out the OS. I had tried the Nokia 1020 and some other older ones previously and to be honest wasn't that impressed. Mostly user error issues on my part. It was just to foreign coming from android for the past few years and BB before that and the old windows OS prior to those. But a couple of weeks ago I stopped off at my local Best Buy and picked up a surface 2 on kind of an impulse after trying it out in store. I like it alot and my surface is the main reason I'm going to get a windows phone. I now LIKE the format and the OS, the live tiles and all the rest. The 929 looks like an excellent introduction to windows phone for me. Ive been a Nokia fan for many years and had many Symbian devices back in those days. Nokia has always impressed me with their build quality and also their RF capabilities. I hope the 929 doesn't disappoint in that regard. I think it wont.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Also I'd like to hear more on the display. I usually prefer LCD displays and I don't care for the S4 display. I like the Note 3 better, but I prefer the HTC One display.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Also I'd like to hear more on the display. I usually prefer LCD displays and I don't care for the S4 display. I like the Note 3 better, but I prefer the HTC One display.

AMOLED display, same as 928. I think 920 and 1020 are the ones that use LCD. My understanding is AMOLED is cheaper to make and since it doesn't need a backlight support so it uses less battery.

Nokia and Motorola have the most advanced connectivity technology and observe at a higher frequency. When it comes to reception no doubt Nokia comes on the top. You probably had a defective device.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
AMOLED display, same as 928. I think 920 and 1020 are the ones that use LCD. My understanding is AMOLED is cheaper to make and since it doesn't need a backlight support so it uses less battery.

Nokia and Motorola have the most advanced connectivity technology and observe at a higher frequency. When it comes to reception no doubt Nokia comes on the top. You probably had a defective device.

Do you know the battery size, TC? I'd love for this thing to be a workhorse with an amoled display, beefed up processor, & a sizable battery.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Does Verizon put the usual amount of bloatware on the windows phones they offer? I haven't had a windows phone since the pro days running 6.0
I love my surface and think I'm ready to step into the same OS on my next phone. Coming from rooted androids it was nice to be able to clean all the crapola stuff out for a smoother experience. I know I'll miss running custom roms like the old days, but that was then and I'm really ready for a phone that just works and I wont want to be constantly fiddling with. Androids beg you to fiddle with them. So what do you all do with the bloatware, just ignore it and keep it off the start screen? I dislike it taking up valuable space.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Does Verizon put the usual amount of bloatware on the windows phones they offer? I haven't had a windows phone since the pro days running 6.0
I love my surface and think I'm ready to step into the same OS on my next phone. Coming from rooted androids it was nice to be able to clean all the crapola stuff out for a smoother experience. I know I'll miss running custom roms like the old days, but that was then and I'm really ready for a phone that just works and I wont want to be constantly fiddling with. Androids beg you to fiddle with them. So what do you all do with the bloatware, just ignore it and keep it off the start screen? I dislike it taking up valuable space.

You and me are in the same boat, for the last 4yrs ive had android phones rooted and custom ROMs etc. This will be my first windows phone since the early days before android even existed. I am also wanting some info on this if anyone would care to share.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Verizon may like plastering their logo on their phones but very little bloatware. The great part is that you can delete anything that you don't want.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

You can remove "bloatware" on WP just like any other app on WP. Just go to the menu, hold down the app you want to remove, and then select remove. WP really doesn't have bloatware on any carrier as far as I know.

Edit: Odin beat me to it by a minute :)

Last edited:

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Starting to sound pretty good. Thanks for that info everyone. I see we now have a release date also. Woo Hoo!
Can't wait to find out battery size/price.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Verizon doesn't put any bloatware on the phone. Data Sense which is very helpful, My Verizon to access your Verizon account, and exclusive NFL Mobile app which is quite nice! And VZ Tones and Navigator which can just be uninstalled. Lol

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
For me, I really don't care what kind hardware or processor it will have. What I really am going for is a phone that is fast, fluid, gets the job done, good camera, looks nice, and that it gets released through Big Red at a modest price. And I personally think that the Nokia 929 is just that type of phone.

I have experienced iOS and Android, and I really honestly think Windows would be a breath of fresh air for me. I love how Android uses Google for personalization, but frankly, I am quite tired of the bugginess, lag, and the fact that their permissions pry into your privacy. iOS is nice and fast, but I really am tired of the hype it's recieving. To be honest, I don't see what is so special in iOS 7 and all these "fancy" features... I have to admit; Retina display is pretty stunning, but afar from that, Apple is a little old for me; it just doen't excite me. Windows, on the other hand, is absolutely perfect for me! I am the type who really doesn't need or use many apps, nor do I need a microSD card for extra storage. I would be perfectly content with a Nokia Lumia 929 phone with latest Windows and Lumia updates, a nice camera, some apps, and AT THE MOST, 16-32 GB of storage.

So far, I can only see leads and leaks that went nowhere concerning release dates.... And now, I'm seeing that even the confirmed specs are being changed.. HMM.... Honestly, I would wait for an official leak or tweet from Verizon FIRST before believing anything else. They have done that in the past, with which phone i can't remember, but I know for sure Verizon did that, and they can do it again. But I am hoping they will release the phone on the market soon. It really excites me :)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought a refurbished NL822 off Ebay for $75 last week. I officially switched over to WP8 from my HTC Trophy last night. Loving it so far. Snappy, fun, and beautiful. This will tide me over just fine until the NL 929 launches.

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought a refurbished NL822 off Ebay for $75 last week. I officially switched over to WP8 from my HTC Trophy last night. Loving it so far. Snappy, fun, and beautiful. This will tide me over just fine until the NL 929 launches.
I've always liked the L822.... even though im into more square-ish phones, the round design of the L822 is pretty nice :)
L525 is releasing Dec. 14 (i think?). Could that possibly give us a clue about the L929 release?

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Considering the target price point I doubt it. But the model that was presented to us by Nokia had 64GB on board.
64GB would be awesome to see!
Hey tcman, originally the expected release date was third week of november. Though that has already past, do u have any info or at least a speculation as to when the L929 might come to the Verizon market?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05