ICON Roll Call

thedogscar

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what MWC is but few devices are being tested for summer launch

You work in the industry, but don't know what MWC is?!?!

According to Wikipedia, "it is the world's largest exhibition for the mobile industry", and is being held next month in Spain. Nokia is presenting new products (most likely their last) on the 24th.

Last edited:

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You work in the industry, but don't know what MWC is?!?!

According to Wikipedia, "it is the world's largest exhibition for the mobile industry", and is being held next month in Spain. Nokia is presenting new products (most likely their last) on the 24th.

I'm part of the industry that decides how much you should pay for your phone bill and that you should pay more if you use more data or pay an upgrade/activation fee and so on.
But as I mentioned before, Verizon is testing three devices for a late April/May release, whether there will be a specific phone(s) other than 929 in MWC is highly unlikely

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm part of the industry that decides how much you should pay for your phone bill and that you should pay more if you use more data or pay an upgrade/activation fee and so on.
But as I mentioned before, Verizon is testing three devices for a late April/May release, whether there will be a specific phone(s) other than 929 in MWC is highly unlikely

Can you help decide to let us pay less on our phone bill?

KevinRahimi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

are these all windows devices or a mix of manufacturers? :)

thedogscar

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
MWC leaks will kill the excitement for this phone. *sigh* Oh Verizon ...

So true ...

I was excited, and planning on, buying this last November ... but with this delay, no way I would buy anything before MWC!!!

I doubt the 1820 is real ... but worth a couple more weeks to find out what Nokia has up their sleeve. As a tiny nation, Finland was very proud of Nokia. MWC is their last chance to get any phones out the door. After MWC ... the hardware will be Microsoft's. I know if I was a Finnish engineer, or executive, at Nokia ... I would want to get credit for it, and not hand off my hard work and inspiration to the next guy (and in this case a foreign mega corporation)

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Then you're the one I should be asking why my phone bill was $9 more this month than last month, with no way of checking what those extra charges were.

KevinRahimi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know the Microsoft Store return policy pertaining to Cell phones?
Let's say the phone is released the 5th....that's 19 days before MWC.

Depending on whether something gets announced, how long prior to MWC can i purchase the 929 and use it before I decide to keep it or wait for one of the newer phones?

thedogscar

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
MS store's written policy is 30 days, and it must not be 'used' or 'damaged'. You then have to separately deal with Verizon's contract cancelation.

On the 'used' part ... they may be more lenient in person?

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
As of tomorrow Verizon will start offering aggressive new pricing on all its devices including the Lumia 929 when it comes out (Upgrade and Retail). Also if you are upgrading with unlimited DATA, Verizon will offer 6GB of data instead of 2GB for $30 bucks (you have to ask for it as it is not advertised).

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
As of tomorrow Verizon will start offering aggressive new pricing on all its devices including the Lumia 929 when it comes out (Upgrade and Retail). Also if you are upgrading with unlimited DATA, Verizon will offer 6GB of data instead of 2GB for $30 bucks (you have to ask for it as it is not advertised).

Whats with the new changes??? Perhaps to get more customers???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers