ICON Roll Call

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
while Verizon is definitely trying to make more money than the year before, I think this whole stunt is Verizon doing everything they can to get everybody to renew their contract and hop off their unlimited plan!

I fail to see how it would make anyone want to leave the unlimited plan....maybe jump carriers.....

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I fail to see how it would make anyone want to leave the unlimited plan....maybe jump carriers.....

Plus, people here are obsessed with Verizon making them leave their unlimited plan.
Hey, Berty, go find your contract and read the fine print - Verizon can make changes to your plan at any time. If they really want you off unlimited, they'll take you off unlimited. Especially, once the two years have gone by, there's nothing stopping them other than it pissing customers off, much like delaying phones does.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like the rumored specs of the alleged 1820. Maybe there is some truth to the leak of the 1820.

quad core
2k display
3400mAH battery
high end MP lytro-camera with Xenon flash
32GB of internal memory with SD slot

I would give up my left Gonad for this device :)

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Plus, people here are obsessed with Verizon making them leave their unlimited plan.
Hey, Berty, go find your contract and read the fine print - Verizon can make changes to your plan at any time. If they really want you off unlimited, they'll take you off unlimited. Especially, once the two years have gone by, there's nothing stopping them other than it pissing customers off, much like delaying phones does.

The problem is that they are the only carrier that is treating their long tenured customers like this. Their biggest competitor, AT&T, will let you keep your unlimited plan even if you sign up for a new contract and get a subsidized phone. And there president said he hates the plans, but he sees the value in taking care of your loyal customers. It really doesn't make sense why Verizon doesn't view it's loyal customers the same way. Sure, it's in the contract that they could change your plan at any time, but that doesn't mean that they should. Nothing wrong with people having a big problem with that.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do know they can't force you off of it at any time, but they will not do that. They want you to do it on their own. They don't want to be THAT carrier that forces you to change your contract, that's how customers get mad and leave altogether.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that they are the only carrier that is treating their long tenured customers like this. Their biggest competitor, AT&T, will let you keep your unlimited plan even if you sign up for a new contract and get a subsidized phone. And there president said he hates the plans, but he sees the value in taking care of your loyal customers. It really doesn't make sense why Verizon doesn't view it's loyal customers the same way. Sure, it's in the contract that they could change your plan at any time, but that doesn't mean that they should. Nothing wrong with people having a big problem with that.

Verizon has always had the worst plans at the highest price.
It's nothing new.

Best service, best coverage, treats its customers like crap because it knows a huge chunk of those that leave come back in 2 years because they couldn't get service in their kitchen.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has always had the worst plans at the highest price.
It's nothing new.

Best service, best coverage, treats its customers like crap because it knows a huge chunk of those that leave come back in 2 years because they couldn't get service in their kitchen.

Not to mention their customer service is also a whole lot better than TMO, ATT, Sprint.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I hope, and I am very weary about this, that Verizon has seen Nokia's plans for their next devices (post 929) and Verizon told them to scrap the 929 and just be ready in the spring to launch the big daddy of all Windows Phones (1820). I know that doesn't sound promising, but if the 929 comes out you can bet your sweet *** that we are not seeing another flagship windows phone on Verizon until Fall 2014.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I hope, and I am very weary about this, that Verizon has seen Nokia's plans for their next devices (post 929) and Verizon told them to scrap the 929 and just be ready in the spring to launch the big daddy of all Windows Phones (1820). I know that doesn't sound promising, but if the 929 comes out you can bet your sweet *** that we are not seeing another flagship windows phone on Verizon until Fall 2014.

Oye... One rumor at a time please... Keep 1820 on the sidelines, it doesn't exist.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Oye... One rumor at a time please... Keep 1820 on the sidelines, it doesn't exist.

I'm not saying the 1820 specifically, but I think we all know that Nokia has a Spring flagship or two in the pipes. Nokia clearly had the 928 ready for Fall release and in combination with Microsoft and Verizon it has been pushed back further and further.

Justin Christensen

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Wait a second, you want Verizon to dump a phone that has been designed, engineered, mass produced, has web pages designed, and has dummy display models in some stores? All to hurry up another phone (1820), that with the exception of one unreliable tweet, shows no evidence of existing at all? Not to mention that Verizon might not get that non-existant phone in the first place?

Seems like a lot to hope for if you ask me.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Wait a second, you want Verizon to dump a phone that has been designed, engineered, mass produced, has web pages designed, and has dummy display models in some stores? All to hurry up another phone (1820), that with the exception of one unreliable tweet, shows no evidence of existing at all? Not to mention that Verizon might not get that non-existant phone in the first place?

Seems like a lot to hope for if you ask me.

As crazy as somebody in September would have sounded saying that we won't hear anything official about the 929 until February?

Justin Christensen

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
As crazy as somebody in September would have sounded saying that we won't hear anything official about the 929 until February?

So are you saying we won't hear anything official about the hypothetical 1820 until August? (probably longer, we at least had pictures of the 929 in September, compared to having nothing about the 1820 right now)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo