ICON Roll Call

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a refurbished Icon (white) off eBay a few weeks ago. Want to keep my unlimited data. Phone looked good as new, not a single scratch or blemish. Installed latest Verizon update and then WP 8.1 Dev Preview. No issues, it works great (knock on wood). Screen is gorgeous, build quality is excellent...the unit just feels solid and looks great. No complaints about battery life. Happy with the upgrade over my 928...with two caveats.

First, the low light camera and video performance is a downgrade, Lumia Cyan update is supposed to address this, but I don't know how they can do this given the physics of the 928's f/2.0 aperture and Icon's f/2.4. I rarely use the Xenon flash on the 928, but comparing the two phones with the high speed rotating ceiling fan test, the 928 stopped the blades, the blades were blurry with the Icon.

Second, the wifi and LTE reception is worse than the 928. It's not unbearable, but very noticeable. Perhaps the official Verizon update will address this.

I won't be returning the phone (30 day return policy with 20% return fee). I do look forward to the enhancements that will be part of the update.

Aw, man, I wish I had known. There's a way to get a subsidized phone on contract and keep your UDP. I found a thread on Android Central's forums doing a search one day. It takes following some exact directions, but it does work. Regardless, the phone is a treat. I came from a Trophy so I feel like George Jefferson right now.

godse573

May 9, 2014
Visit site
just got mine Saturday and I am overjoyed to be an owner of one! Such a nice bright display as well. Also excited for Cyan as anyone else is!

anon(9047871)

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Icon two days ago. Upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4. This is my first experience with Windows Phone. I must say that the hardware is gorgeous and though it's not the best camera offered in the Lumia lineup, it does have a very nice camera (though on the auto settings leaves some pictures taken indoors are a bit yellowed). I'm looking forward to spending the next 28 days with my new phone, at which time I will decide if it will remain my daily driver. I'm hoping that WP 8.1 is pushed out by Big Red by then, but I'm not holding my breath.

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, I've done a bad thing, I ditched AT&T for Verizon and replaced my 635 with an Icon. While I was expecting an upgrade it is amazing how much faster the Icon is.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Icon two days ago. Upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4. This is my first experience with Windows Phone. I must say that the hardware is gorgeous and though it's not the best camera offered in the Lumia lineup, it does have a very nice camera (though on the auto settings leaves some pictures taken indoors are a bit yellowed). I'm looking forward to spending the next 28 days with my new phone, at which time I will decide if it will remain my daily driver. I'm hoping that WP 8.1 is pushed out by Big Red by then, but I'm not holding my breath.

If you register with the Developer for Preview, you can download Windows Phone 8.1 anytime. You then just have to wait for Verizon to release the Cyan firmware update.

carlosirai

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I spent several hours last night setting it up. So far the only complaint is the slow load time from screen lock - to unlock when the power button is pushed.

I have that same problem. Some times take like 3 seconds... Too much time for a snapdragon 800, my 928 was awake when press the button

DanaOira

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my Icon yesterday, loaded WP 8.1 Dev Preview and am loving the phone. It's a great upgrade from my 928! :D

Screen lock load time was slow at first but it seems to be less than a 0.5 second delay now.

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
New to the party, got my new to me Icon in the mail on Tuesday and got my denim upgrade after only 18 hours of use :) so it looks like I picked a good week to pickup this phone. Coming from android, most recently HTC One. So far so good, loving the hardware and getting used to the software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234