The Specifications for the Nokia Lumia ICON

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
looks great how is the battery life compared to the 928 or even the htc one or s4? i had pretty inconsistent battery life on my 928 only giving me roughly 7-8 hours or under with medium to heavy use ive seen htc one and s4/note users getting all day life i see the 929 has a battery bigger than the htc one so im hoping it lasts alot longer

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
looks great how is the battery life compared to the 928 or even the htc one or s4? i had pretty inconsistent battery life on my 928 only giving me roughly 7-8 hours or under with medium to heavy use ive seen htc one and s4/note users getting all day life i see the 929 has a battery bigger than the htc one so im hoping it lasts alot longer

With the snapdragon 800 the 929 should do better than the S4 and the HTC One and significantly better than the 928. The 928 is using an older processor that isn't as efficient as the newer ones.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
With the snapdragon 800 the 929 should do better than the S4 and the HTC One and significantly better than the 928. The 928 is using an older processor that isn't as efficient as the newer ones.

Agreed - But we don't actually know what size battery this guy has. And the 929 has a larger screen than the S4 and the HTC One so that means there will be more battery consumption. Hopefully it's a 3400.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Agreed - But we don't actually know what size battery this guy has. And the 929 has a larger screen than the S4 and the HTC One so that means there will be more battery consumption. Hopefully it's a 3400.

Hopefully the battery is at least 3000 mah. The LG G2 and Note 3 both use the snapdragon 800 with 1080p screens and get amazing battery life. The G2 has a 3000 mah battery with a 5.2" screen and it does almost as good as the RAZR max.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Specs from the most recent WPCentral article: Revealed – The Nokia Lumia 929, Verizon’s 5 inch 1080P Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Verizon Nokia Lumia 929 – Release date TBD
•Qualcomm Quad-core Snapdragon 800 at 2.2 GHz
•5 inch AMOLED display, 1080 x 1920
•2 GB of RAM; 32 GB of internal storage (no micro SD)
•20 MP PureView rear camera with oversampling (16 MP + 5 MP photos); Front facing camera
•Dual LED flash
•NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
•Qi wireless charging
•At least three HAAC microphones
•Data Sense, NFL Mobile, Verizon Tones, VZ Navigator, My Verizon Mobile, Nokia StoryTeller, Nokia Screen Beamer
•Available colors: glossy white or matte black

Size (hand measured)
•Height: 136.5 mm
•Width: 71.4 mm
•Thickness: 10.5 mm
•Weight: 166 g

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Compared to the 928, the 929 is 3mm wider, 3mm taller, .4mm thicker, and 4g heavier. Only a hair bigger than the 928 in all aspects!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
As we found out, No expandable storage and a rumored 64gb model is questionable right now.....Any word on a FM radio that Verizon stripped from the 928 ?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
What does VoLTE bring to the table? I'm not familiar with voice technology.

From what I understand it will use LTE for voice instead of CDMA. Personally I think it will be a while before this is widespread. I have limited LTE at my house plus I think Verizon will need to beef up their network to handle voice and data at the same time, especially in larger cities.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand it will use LTE for voice instead of CDMA. Personally I think it will be a while before this is widespread. I have limited LTE at my house plus I think Verizon will need to beef up their network to handle voice and data at the same time, especially in larger cities.

So VoLTE is basically just Voice Over the LTE network? Ya don't say?

I have no interest in VoLTE. I wouldn't care either way, but LTE would need to be improved in my area.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So VoLTE is basically just Voice Over the LTE network? Ya don't say?

I have no interest in VoLTE. I wouldn't care either way, but LTE would need to be improved in my area.

Same here, they would have to improve LTE here for it to work.

Does anyone know the advantages of VoLTE?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Same here, they would have to improve LTE here for it to work.

Does anyone know the advantages of VoLTE?

Off the top of my head:

• Better call quality
  • Simultaneous voice and data (some CDMA+LTE phones don't support this, I believe iPhone 5 is one of them)
  • Frees up spectrum in the future: Once everyone migrates to LTE (or most do) carriers can reduce spectrum assigned to GSM/CDMA/HSPA networks and use that spectrum to increase capacity on LTE networks.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Off the top of my head:

• Better call quality
  • Simultaneous voice and data (some CDMA+LTE phones don't support this, I believe iPhone 5 is one of them)
  • Frees up spectrum in the future: Once everyone migrates to LTE (or most do) carriers can reduce spectrum assigned to GSM/CDMA/HSPA networks and use that spectrum to increase capacity on LTE networks.
Better call quality is always a plus, but simultaneous voice and data? Been happening for awhile on alot of Verizon handsets.
Current voice over cdma seems really pretty adequate as it is. I wouldn't hold off buying a phone waiting for the almighty volte capability,
Of course Verizon can probably shed some more UL data users with people switching. Now if worldwide calling were free or really cheap with
volte then maybe wed have something.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Off the top of my head:

• Better call quality

Thanks! Freeing up spectrum sounds like a pretty big advantage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3