The Specifications for the Nokia Lumia ICON

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Better call quality is always a plus, but simultaneous voice and data? Been happening for awhile on alot of Verizon handsets.
Current voice over cdma seems really pretty adequate as it is. I wouldn't hold off buying a phone waiting for the almighty volte capability,
Of course Verizon can probably shed some more UL data users with people switching. Now if worldwide calling were free or really cheap with
volte then maybe wed have something.

I know a lot support simultaneous voice and data, but some still don't--The biggest one I know of is the iPhone 5S/5C/5. The GSM version of the iPhone does, but the CDMA version doesn't.

I'm guessing VoLTE will make calls cheaper for carriers, but you know how American carriers are. They never want to pass the savings onto us. That's why most carriers are trying to give you unlimited voice and text, but charge you lots for limited data.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 928 supports simultaneous voice and data. So do a lot of other Verizon phones. LTE is GSM based and use for data while CDMA doe voice.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know 1.) Whether there will be a 64gb version along with the 32gb version. 2.) What the battery size is. 3.) Release date.

I feel like we know just about everything else.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Two downgrades IMO.

1. From Xenon Flash to dual LED. Phone still looks thick so, you gain a bigger battery?

2. The 928 had AMOLED, but the 1520's IPS just looks better to me. But they stuck with AMOLED again for the 929 instead of an IPS like the 1520, most likely the same 1080p penTile panel from the Galaxy S4. I keep my phone on low brightness alot. AMOLED does not look good at low brightness.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Two downgrades IMO.

1. From Xenon Flash to dual LED. Phone still looks thick so, you gain a bigger battery?

2. The 928 had AMOLED, but the 1520's IPS just looks better to me. But they stuck with AMOLED again for the 929 instead of an IPS like the 1520, most likely the same 1080p penTile panel from the Galaxy S4. I keep my phone on low brightness alot. AMOLED does not look good at low brightness.

It's technically not a downgrade to keep AMOLED. I think AMOLED and IPS both have their pros and cons. I honestly prefer AMOLED, and I'm never on low brightness... There's no reason to go on low brightness when it's AMOLED. It's battery efficient as it is and the auto brightness setting is fantastic for going from indoors to outdoors and vice-versa.

Time will tell on the xenon flash. I think it'll be just fine without it.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I prefer IPS over amoled, but if it looks like the Note 3 I'll be OK with it. I don't care for the S4 screen as much. The 929 screen looks really good in the pictures I've seen though.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Considering how "compact" they made this device for it's size, being only 3mm wider than my 822, thinner, and just a few mm taller, it looks like I might just have something to spend my upgrade on. Especially considering it comes with the 20MP camera. I'll wait to get my hands on the device and confirm it won't be uncomfortable to hold and use, but this sounds like just the right device for me.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Another gripe with Verizon....most likely will not be able to uninstall VZ Tones, VZ navigator and VZ mobile. More storage taken by Verizon spam.

I've uninstalled every Verizon app that came with my phone. That's how Windows Phones work. It'll be the same with these apps.

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
No name calling needed here guys, keep it civil.

As far as the 929 goes, I think it's got good specs and if it was available in the UK I'd be quite tempted by it!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow did somebody get reported for calling somebody else a doofus? That's funny!

I call my nephews and family friends kids doofuses all day long. If it's an offensive name, it's the funniest and least-offensive offensive name I've ever heard.

Miriam-Webster defines "doofus" as:
a person who lacks good sense or judgment.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/doofus

I would be perfectly okay with being penalized for calling someone a doofus.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow did somebody get reported for calling somebody else a doofus? That's funny!
Pretty sad, actually. I didn't report it.

To reiterate my reply which was removed, not all apps can be uninstalled, like the VZ Navigator on my 8X for instance. I contacted VZ about it and this is their reply:
VZ Navigator can't be removed from the phone, but you can currently try it free for 30 days VZ Navigator - Verizon Wireless. I'd be happy to help you enjoy it.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
So no, you can't uninstall everything.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

To reiterate my reply which was removed, not all apps can be uninstalled, like the VZ Navigator on my 8X for instance. I contacted VZ about it and this is their reply:

It must be your 8x phone. I just uninstalled VZ Navigator from my 928..

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I've uninstalled Navigator on an 8x and an 822. So that's weird that yours isn't letting you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3