The Specifications for the Nokia Lumia ICON

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Common sense says yes...

I don't quite know if that's common sense. The 929 is far newer than the 928, should I also assume it has a xenon flash even though we know it will be dual LED? See what I mean? I would call that an assumption and wishful thinking. I hope it's more than 2000 mAh, but we don't know for sure yet. We don't want people to misinterpret your post.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't quite know if that's common sense. The 929 is far newer than the 928, should I also assume it has a xenon flash even though we know it will be dual LED? See what I mean? I would call that an assumption and wishful thinking. I hope it's more than 2000 mAh, but we don't know for sure yet. We don't want people to misinterpret your post.

Find me a phone with a 1080p display phone with 2000 mAh or less. Find me one with a 5 inch display with 2000 mAh or less.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Find me a phone with a 1080p display phone with 2000 mAh or less. Find me one with a 5 inch display with 2000 mAh or less.

I'm saying don't spread misinformation. Nothing has been announced. Assuming too much is what is getting everyone here super excited for the 929 before anything has been confirmed. And then every time a release date passes or rumors get squashed, everyone gets angry. Just take what you hear with a grain of salt.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah if i only just knew the battery size. I can wait for the release date. Its just odd that the battery size was never really hinted.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying don't spread misinformation. Nothing has been announced. Assuming too much is what is getting everyone here super excited for the 929 before anything has been confirmed. And then every time a release date passes or rumors get squashed, everyone gets angry. Just take what you hear with a grain of salt.

I'm really not. Speculation is speculation. Anyone with half a brain can conclude the phone has a battery bigger than 2000 mAh. Don't be silly.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm really not. Speculation is speculation. Anyone with half a brain can conclude the phone has a battery bigger than 2000 mAh. Don't be silly.

I'm not being silly. You're assuming. Is the phone bigger than the 928? Yes. By how much? Not a lot. If you want to speculate, the bulk is very similar to other 92x Lumia phones. Are their batteries massive? No. Even the 1020 is only 2000. Nokia is known for adding some features to one phone, and completely ignoring it for another. Look at the 920. The 925 got a dual LED flash while the 928 got xenon. Nokia shuffles features up. The phone won't be as large as the 1520, so we likely won't get a 3400 mAh battery. But it's not much larger than the 1020, and the 1020 has a 2000 mAh battery if I remember correctly. And that's considered high end and a tier above the 92x series.

You can be super optimistic. That's always good. I'm just saying don't spread rumors and get people talking about something no one actually knows about. Speculating and making a definitive statement are different things. That's what I'm saying. I'm not telling you that you can't believe what you think. Just be mindful of the industry and the medium of which these rumors spread.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not being silly. You're assuming. Is the phone bigger than the 928? Yes. By how much? Not a lot. If you want to speculate, the bulk is very similar to other 92x Lumia phones. Are their batteries massive? No. Even the 1020 is only 2000. Nokia is known for adding some features to one phone, and completely ignoring it for another. Look at the 920. The 925 got a dual LED flash while the 928 got xenon. Nokia shuffles features up. The phone won't be as large as the 1520, so we likely won't get a 3400 mAh battery. But it's not much larger than the 1020, and the 1020 has a 2000 mAh battery if I remember correctly. And that's considered high end and a tier above the 92x series.

You can be super optimistic. That's always good. I'm just saying don't spread rumors and get people talking about something no one actually knows about. Speculating and making a definitive statement are different things. That's what I'm saying. I'm not telling you that you can't believe what you think. Just be mindful of the industry and the medium of which these rumors spread.

What happens if someone takes what I said here and turns it into a rumor? Who the hell cares? I don't claim to know the specs of the phone. I'm speculating, just like the majority of the people here. Take a chill pill and relax.

You're really overanalyzing this. Speculation is speculation. We can guess that it has more than 2000 mAh. Guessing is not spreading a rumor. Really taking the fun out of the forums. I bet you'd be a real blast at a party

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
What we have so far is "Although the battery size isn't known, users have speculated that it will be at least 2,000 mAh since the last high-end Lumia, the 1020, uses a 2,000 mAh battery. Few expect the 929 to have as large a battery at the 3,400 mAh one found in the 6" Lumia 1520."

That's the same information that Indistinguishable wrote above, but worded to not seem as authoritative as the mathematical formula might indicate to some readers.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What we have so far is "Although the battery size isn't known, users have speculated that it will be at least 2,000 mAh since the last high-end Lumia, the 1020, uses a 2,000 mAh battery. Few expect the 929 to have as large a battery at the 3,400 mAh one found in the 6" Lumia 1520."

That's the same information that Indistinguishable wrote above, but worded to not seem as authoritative as the mathematical formula might indicate to some readers.

It wasn't really a mathematical formula. Using less-than and greater-than signs is really just a shorthand way of describing a value. And I thought it was pretty clear, based on the context of the thread, that it wasn't authoritative or definitive, but speculative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3