The Specifications for the Nokia Lumia ICON

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you do a search on Bing for the Nokia Lumia 929, it now pulls up the specs on the side bar like it does for other devices. Pretty sure the picture it shows is of the 925, but the specs look spot on for the 929. I'm not sure where they pull the specs from.

Bing.png

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So, for those like me that want the specs comparison:

928 - 5.23" x 2.71" x .39" - 162g
929 - 5.37" x 2.81" x .41" - 166g

So, in other words, it's a gnats _$$ wider, taller, and thicker, and weighs a couple of Frosted Flakes more. Sounds great to me. I think if I could deal with the 928 size, I can deal with this. Makes my 822 seek kind of chubby for it's screen size.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ur joking right? Please tell me ur kidding?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Unless my boss is kidding then no. Verizon has decided not to release any future Nokia branded devices and instead wait for Microsoft branded devices.

Last edited:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Unless my boss is kidding then no. Verizon has decided to not release any future Nokia branded devices and instead wait for Microsoft branded devices.

Wow. I wasn't even waiting on this phone, but that sounds like an odd decision. Unless Microsoft has a device right around the corner, which they probably don't. Sounds like another FU to WP users again.

This is an unfortunate example of why its never a good idea to get your heart set on a device until its official. I feel sorry for all those who were waiting on this one. It had so much promise...

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I was waiting for the 929 up until a couple of weeks ago I decided to replace my aging droid with something else. Glad I didn't keep waiting.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I wasn't even waiting on this phone, but that sounds like an odd decision. Unless Microsoft has a device right around the corner, which they probably don't. Sounds like another FU to WP users again.

This is an unfortunate example of why its never a good idea to get your heart set on a device until its official. I feel sorry for all those who were waiting on this one. It had so much promise...
Well the status can change at anytime. Nothing is ever official until is official. Also other factors may change Verizon's decision and so on. Remember Nokia handset division will be part of Microsoft in Q1 2014 I think ?? so Microsoft for sure will have devices around the corner. Probably instead of Nokia Lumia 929 will have a Lumia 929 or something close to that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism