Wish it had an AT&T/Global version?

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it'll come out. But I think Verizon is going to pull an AT&T and have this 5inch variant as an exclusive for at least a few months before an AT&T variant will come out in the US. Global variant, i'm not sure.

This might be an optimistic scenario. Considering the 928 never appeared on any other carrier except Verizon, I really doubt they will make the 929 available elsewhere. This is a real shame, the 929 could have competed with the likes the 5s and Nexus 5 internationally this holiday season, but instead they do this stupid exclusive crap.

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
This might be an optimistic scenario. Considering the 928 never appeared on any other carrier except Verizon, I really doubt they will make the 929 available elsewhere. This is a real shame, the 929 could have competed with the likes the 5s and Nexus 5 internationally this holiday season, but instead they do this stupid exclusive crap.

I'm kind of expecting this to be its own thing. Maybe a more lumia looking design with similar specs will form a 930 model which will follow the 929 launch, for everybody else.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It's the same as last year with the 920, just in reverse. This year Verizon gets the exclusive for the Holiday season. I don't feel bad for anybody on ATT as they've gotten the 920, 1020 first.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's the same as last year with the 920, just in reverse. This year Verizon gets the exclusive for the Holiday season. I don't feel bad for anybody on ATT as they've gotten the 920, 1020 first.

This. As someone who has been rocking a Trophy until now because we couldn't get a 920 when AT&T did, I empathize with AT&T contract holders. But I'm definitely not crying over it. I do hope they get a 5 inch variant soon for the sake of the community.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I want a 6" screen on the monster 1520. Also not sure I want to upgrade before WP8.1 hits with the improvements it will bring to XBOX Music. But, since the days of qwerty physical keyboards are gon, a bigger then 4.3" display would be nice.

I am hoping for a 929 version with 8.1.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
i purchased an ativ s 4 months ago. i absolutely love it but if the 929 was available as an international version, i would love to have it! thank goodness for my wallet it is only on verizon for now. the specs for the 929 fit my needs to a "T"

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If a 1080p snapdragon800 phone in a manageable size doesn't come to WP before the all metal enclosure galaxy s5 comes to market, I'm going to have a hard time coming up with reasons to stick with WP...

for once I'd like to be at the top of the hardware chain without having a ridiculous sized device.

I'm rooting for you Nokia... Don't disappoint.

Skunkwurx

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well as far as I know the 928 has GSM, Edge, 3G/HSPA+ so it will work on some carriers anyway, I know it works here in Ireland though our 4g is different... The SD800 has all variants of 4G/LTE built into the one chip so this should work world wide with 4G/LTE and hopefully a fair few frequencies from GSM, EDGE and 3G... I really like this phone... really would look nice beside a surface with the metal band...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss