02-14-2014 12:01 PM
292 ... 89101112
tools
    My 822 is still working just fine, so I won't be jumping on a 928. If the 929 or 102x doesn't come out before we start seeing info on the next gen windows phones, I'll just use my 822 for as long as it takes. I don't buy subsidized devices and the 822 is working just fine, so no biggie for me.
    11-23-2013 09:59 AM
    My 822 is still working just fine, so I won't be jumping on a 928. If the 929 or 102x doesn't come out before we start seeing info on the next gen windows phones, I'll just use my 822 for as long as it takes. I don't buy subsidized devices and the 822 is working just fine, so no biggie for me.
    What does your minutes/data/text plan look like, tink?
    11-23-2013 10:02 AM
    I'm the same. I just don't know how inferior AT&T's network is since I've had Verizon my whole life. I hope it's not a huge change. But I've been eyeing the 1020 for a while, just never had the network for it. The 929 was good enough, although not as great of a camera and very ugly, I'd take it if it came out soon enough, but I can't wait forever. Always seems like a waiting game with AT&T. But I'm willing to wait a little bit longer. I have until mid December to decide for sure.
    You think the 929 is ugly? Dang, I find it to be beautiful.
    11-23-2013 12:08 PM
    You think the 929 is ugly? Dang, I find it to be beautiful.
    I ccouldn't wait for the 929. I bought a 1520 yesterday night. Love it. The size is actually perfect since I watch videos on my phone and play games. Awesome device. I just now have a wireless Nokia charger that I cannot use from my 928.
    11-23-2013 03:08 PM
    I ccouldn't wait for the 929. I bought a 1520 yesterday night. Love it. The size is actually perfect since I watch videos on my phone and play games. Awesome device. I just now have a wireless Nokia charger that I cannot use from my 928.
    Congrats on the new phone, man!
    11-23-2013 06:14 PM
    How is the camera? I've read from some sites that it's amazing, and others that it's nothing special, but still nice. What do you think? And does it pass the pocket test? I love the design. Striking and colorful.

Wish the 929 could be colorful and have the same body shape, but oh well. The 1520 definitely looks great. Although a bit too big for my liking. But I'm sure it's great for viewing webpages, playing games, and such!
    11-23-2013 07:03 PM
    I still have unlimited data, hence the pay out of pocket for devices. Well that and my 20% corporate discount (for plan not for devices) doesn't hurt either.
    11-24-2013 02:59 PM
    Do you think the 929 will be outdated tech by the time it comes out? That's what kept me from jumping on the 928 when it was released. Seemed like they released it 6 mo too late.
    11-25-2013 08:16 AM
    Do you think the 929 will be outdated tech by the time it comes out? That's what kept me from jumping on the 928 when it was released. Seemed like they released it 6 mo too late.
    If they release it in the next couple months, it won't be. After that, with the release of the Snapdragon 805 devices in the first half of 2014, possibly. But it won't be outdated by much.
    11-25-2013 08:33 AM
    How is the camera? I've read from some sites that it's amazing, and others that it's nothing special, but still nice. What do you think? And does it pass the pocket test? I love the design. Striking and colorful.

Wish the 929 could be colorful and have the same body shape, but oh well. The 1520 definitely looks great. Although a bit too big for my liking. But I'm sure it's great for viewing webpages, playing games, and such!
    I thought it was too big when I saw the in store demo but oddly, now that I have it, it is perfect. I only have issues using it one handed. You really have to use two hands but that's fine with me since I don't usually talk on the phone. Perfect for movies, games, and web surfing. It passes the pocket test for me even in tight skinny jeans. I have had 0 problems with pocket-ability.

I LOVE the camera. I think its a HUGE improvement over the 928s cam. Instagram is perfect for this phone!

I bought the black model and it looks even more sleek. The phone is unbelievably thin too so that helps.

All in all, I am not looking back on my switch to att for this phone. The screen is brilliant and the phone is a powerhouse. LOVEEEEEE!
    11-25-2013 09:11 AM

I upgraded from my 822 to the 928. My 822 was working perfect, but I just wanted a bigger screen. I don't feel like the 928 is outdated. It works perfectly. Runs smooth. It works.
    11-25-2013 09:24 AM
    I had a Lumia 920 until June when I switched jobs. My new company pays for Verizon but not at&t. So I got a used 822 and have been ok with my choice as a stop gap.

I just couldn't justify burning a stipend on old tech that i would be stuck with for 2 more years. Now I wish I had just spent the extra cash to get the used 928. I can see myself getting caught up in the perpetual waiting game.

I may set a drop dead date and go back to the iPhone if no new Lumia comes to Verizon. As a windows phone developer, this would suck, but I can't wait forever.
    11-25-2013 10:25 AM
    I just saw this. Not that i believe it.

Nokia Lumia 929 Now Rumored to Arrive on December 6
    11-25-2013 11:00 AM

Eh, without sources, it's hard to take their word, especially when a lot of sites seem to just read what we discuss here and then go publish articles about it. But I will admit it's always encouraging to hear an early December release date. Even if it's just smoke. It keeps me hopeful.
    11-25-2013 11:16 AM

The problem with that rumor is it's mainly based on the Skinomi accessories listed on Amazon set to be released on December 6th: Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 929 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Pink Carbon Fiber Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

That would be an okay rumor, except that Skinomi is also releasing the 1520 accessories on December 6th:Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Silver Carbon Fiber Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Which tells us that accessory release dates aren't necessarily the best indicator of actual device release dates.
    11-25-2013 11:19 AM
    I'm a little bit more hopeful for December 6 since there is at least some Nokia activity on that date.

Nokia Lumia 1520 reaches the UK on December 6th, starting at 80 on a 38 per month plan
    11-25-2013 11:38 AM
    I'm a little bit more hopeful for December 6 since there is at least some Nokia activity on that date.

Nokia Lumia 1520 reaches the UK on December 6th, starting at 80 on a 38 per month plan
    Not so sure about that. Nokia UK activity doesn't relate too much with Nokia US activity.
    11-25-2013 11:40 AM
    If the 929 was really actually delayed then this date kind of makes sense. Normally though, US and European dates no matter what the product have nothing to with each other.

11-25-2013 11:47 AM
    I thought it was too big when I saw the in store demo but oddly, now that I have it, it is perfect. I only have issues using it one handed. You really have to use two hands but that's fine with me since I don't usually talk on the phone. Perfect for movies, games, and web surfing. It passes the pocket test for me even in tight skinny jeans. I have had 0 problems with pocket-ability.

I LOVE the camera. I think its a HUGE improvement over the 928s cam. Instagram is perfect for this phone!

I bought the black model and it looks even more sleek. The phone is unbelievably thin too so that helps.

All in all, I am not looking back on my switch to att for this phone. The screen is brilliant and the phone is a powerhouse. LOVEEEEEE!
    I'm wishing I was on AT&T right now. The 1520 is a beautiful phone.
    11-25-2013 04:58 PM
    Ok long post here we come :) Some things i wanted to answer/ address

Did we happen to find out the battery size on the 929? Cause I really don't want to spend any more time and energy on this phone only to find a 2000mA battery..... :/
    Gopher957 its a 2510mAh battery :)

I was going to go to VZ today to give them my money and extend my phone contract for another two years. With no release of the 929, I won't be doing that anymore.
    Hope people. Keep ur hopes up.

You are wrong. We as the customer have every right to protest our carrier for the service that we want. You want to bring change to a service? Ask for it. Is it a sure thing that change will happen? Nope. Is it worth a shot? Maybe.

If I was Verizon, I would want feedback from my customers before they leave for another carrier, not after. Different strokes for different folks. You don't want your voice to be heard? Then don't express it. But don't tell me that I don't have any other option but to switch carriers. I'll make damn sure that Verizon hears my voice before I leave them for ignoring it.
    Totally agree with u. Voice ur opinions... it never hurts to....

Talking with someone named Julie on Twitter (I believe she's registered here? Just not in the topic, or using a different username? We both were tweeting and mentioning WPCentral, but anyways) and she heard from a rep that the 929 is looking like a December 21st release. Take it with a grain of salt, because obviously the info we have seen so far has been spotty, but that's that. Don't shoot the messenger.

But I think I'm going to go to AT&T tomorrow and see how well they can convince me into liking their network and getting a 1020. If the network is not horribly bad, I might stop complaining about Verizon's ugly phones and lack of commitment, and just tell them how I feel with my bank account by buying from AT&T instead. We'll see.
    Tell Julie to keep us posted :)

I am holding out hope until December 6th. If that passes with no news of 929, then I may give up.
    Once again guys..... Don't give up hope!! I know the waiting game sucks; it really does, but u just gotta keep hoping!

From the flyer posted above, I would guess that the 929 release date will be 1/16/14.
    Right now honestly any speculations regarding a release date somewhere in December seems legit.....

No it shouldn't be.

If they release it in the next couple months, it won't be. After that, with the release of the Snapdragon 805 devices in the first half of 2014, possibly. But it won't be outdated by much.
    Even then..... i highly doubt it will be.....

Guys, i know can't convince those who are tired of Verizon for their own reasons or the people who are fed up with the waiting game but let me tell you this: Nothing comes in a snap. Whether its money, phones, food, and life, nothing comes in a snap. Sure, some things come easy, but for those things that don't, you JUST HAVE TO WAIT. If I were a genie, sure i would make the L929 come in a snap and everything would be fine. But unfortunately, I'm not a genie nor is Verizon, and getting mad at them for releasing something late makes no difference. I'd admit i get annoyed with them sometimes; I wish they would have better phones, better communication with their customers, and better announcements about releasing phones, but I think they are fine where they are. And I can't say that Verizon is perfect; I've never been in those people's shoes that have experienced bad customer service from Verizon. Verizon has a purpose for being hesitant about WP8 and flagship Nokia phones, we just dont know their reasons. So for those who are still hopeful about L929 or losing hope... Don't give up on the L929. It will come out! Just bear the waiting game a little more! :)

LE END OF LE LONG POST! XD

Sent from my device using Tapatalk
    TheArcaneFlame likes this.
    11-29-2013 06:54 PM
    Looks like the Lumia icon(929) is finally coming this month. Just receive a bunch of accessories for it.
    01-10-2014 05:41 PM
    I havent been on this forum very long, so I dont know in what capacity you are in regards to accessories. Are you a Verizon store employee, Microsoft store, 3rd party retailer, amazon warehouse worker? Apparently, accessories have been available for a while.........
    01-10-2014 06:31 PM
    I run a corporate store we never receive accessories unless the device is about to launch
    01-10-2014 07:07 PM
    I run a corporate store we never receive accessories unless the device is about to launch
    How come when I browse Accessories on the verizonwireless.com website, I don't see anything for the Icon/929?
    Also, if you're receiving these accessories, are we allowed to ask about them and buy them at the store, or you guys still have to deny that nothing exists yet? Reason I'm asking is because I plan to check out one of the corporate stores tomorrow, and I plan to ask myself. Thanks for any of the questions you can answer.....
    Sean Stanley likes this.
    01-10-2014 07:39 PM
    Thanks for the update, Broadway. What's the typical amount of time between receiving accessories for an unannounced device and the release of the device? A week, two weeks?
    pci2k likes this.
    01-10-2014 09:05 PM
292 ... 89101112