02-14-2014 12:01 PM
292 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I called my local store and they didn't know anything about any new Nokia phones. Lame.
    11-20-2013 05:01 PM
    I have a update looks like the 929 got pushed back to a first quarter release in order to move additional inventory of the 928. Apparently the 928 is going to go on special has a free device to help move inventory. Trust me I'm disappointed but the 21st was never made official can't be mad at vzw.
    11-20-2013 05:55 PM
    I know its coming because I've seen the device in testing and like I posted previously you could find the otterbox case for the 929 in our system. I'm hoping my source is wrong about a first quarter release and we get it next month instead
    11-20-2013 06:00 PM
    i have a update looks like the 929 got pushed back to a first quarter release in order to move additional inventory of the 928. Apparently the 928 is going to go on special has a free device to help move inventory. Trust me i'm disappointed but the 21st was never made official can't be mad at vzw.
    mother $#%&^@!
    Slater_GS likes this.
    11-20-2013 06:13 PM
    And all that hype just went down the drain :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    11-20-2013 06:39 PM
    My heart is broken :(

It's not that I'm angry at Verizon. I'm angry at them for plenty of other reasons, but not for delaying an unannounced phone. I was just really dying to have a new phone. I have an old iPhone 4S and I was planning on getting the 929 before I left for my New Years trip this Winter, so I could take advantage of the great camera. Now what to do? And waiting longer just means that there's less time between me getting the 929, and Nokia announcing another phone in the Spring that will obviously be better. So I'm so unsure of what to do.
    11-20-2013 06:46 PM
    Conspiracy confirmed. Now what do I get? I'm stuck with Verizon. No 929. No nexus 5. iOS7 is terrible. T-mobile coverage is awful here so I can't switch. And to top it all off, my company doesn't subsidize AT&T. Oh yeah, and my current phone is cracked and about to die. Thanks Verizon devices division for making sure to only stock 6+ month old tech.
    11-20-2013 06:49 PM
    And tbh, the 928 is more like year old tech...
    11-20-2013 07:19 PM
    And tbh, the 928 is more like year old tech...
    That's exactly why I was holding off for the 929. My contract just ran out so I was due for an upgrade, and the 929 seemed like my only reasonable option. Not that the 928 isn't great, it's just going to get old a lot faster if I purchase it a lot later in its life. So the 929 was my most logical option. But now that's out of the question. So unsure of what to do :(
    11-20-2013 07:26 PM
    So disappointed. And surprised Verizon would pass on the opportunity to release the 929 with the 2520.
    11-20-2013 07:28 PM
    If the 929 really is pushed back to the first quarter that is a disappointment. I was hoping to have a chance to try this phone pretty soon so I could make a decision on what phone I'll be getting.
    11-20-2013 07:31 PM
    I was hoping to jump to the 929's predecessor by the first qtr. Frown face.

I'm seriously debating going back to att, but I really dig the Qi charging. Ugh.
    11-20-2013 08:04 PM
    Well that sucks, I was waiting to buy it!
    11-20-2013 09:03 PM
    I'm now considering AT&T for the first time ever.
    Digital Chris likes this.
    11-20-2013 09:14 PM
    I'm now considering AT&T for the first time ever.
    Interesting. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go get the 1520 day after tomorrow. Prepaid is $60/month and I can test drive the network with no obligation while keeping my Verizon account active. If ATT doesn't work out after awhile I can still have an awesome WiFi phab to use. Or if it does work I can stick, port my number and save some money every month. Same device anyway, just that one inch bigger. Might turn out to be a good move. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
    11-20-2013 09:54 PM
    Meh, my 928 still has plenty of fight left in it! I'm content! :)
    invertme likes this.
    11-20-2013 10:08 PM
    Argh, now I have to keep using this GS4! The phone is nice enough, but the lag is killing me. I gave the 928 to my wife and she won't give it back. :( If it isn't announced in the next day or two we might get a Christmas launch. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised at Q1, then they'll push it back to wait for 8.1. By the time it is released it will be 6 months old.
    11-20-2013 10:42 PM
    Well this makes the decision on what to get for Christmas a little easier...... XBOX ONE!
    11-20-2013 11:03 PM
    So why not just wait for an 8.1 phone at this point?

This is where Verizon and Nokia continually fail: releasing a phone at the apex of technology. Verizon's the biggest carrier in the US and Nokia is the most desired WP device maker. News leaks of a mainstream device that has all of the bells and whistles (ala 920 when it released over a year ago), yet the only thing we get for over 6 months is the 1020 and 1520, both niche devices for different reasons and both only on the number 2 carrier in the US.

I really,. REALLY hope that when MS buys them completely we will see this fixed, because I really can't see how anyone could truly believe this strategy is sustainable for market growth.

In the meantime, I remain with a Trophy ...
    TheArcaneFlame likes this.
    11-21-2013 01:29 AM
    Nice, so they wanted to wait for the 929 to become old tech.
    11-21-2013 05:07 AM
    This "AT&T 1st" trend may die with the MSFT purchase of Nokia. AT&T gets them because they pay for them. Nokia's been cash-strapped for awhile, which is why they have to sell the handset biz to MSFT. MSFT has no cash issue though, and their overarching goal is to grow the customer base, which happens more effectively when the latest tech is launched on the 2 largest carriers in the U.S. simultaneously rather than on one of them 6 months later.
    11-21-2013 06:02 AM
    The so called "insider" from Verizon...must of worked for the government at one time... (can't believe a word of it). In the future, let's just ignore insider information, or at least not plan your life around it. You know your screwed...when its easier to signup at healthcare.gov.... than get a new Lumina 929.
    Zippier and WarDamnEagle09 like this.
    11-21-2013 07:00 AM
    I'm still expecting a December 6th release date. There are far too many Lumia 929 accessories listed on Amazon with that date. Surely Verizon talks to accessory manufacturers because they want there to be related products available just as much as the accessory company wants a phone to be available. If they were all taking stabs in the dark on a release date, why would they all fall on the 6th?
    maevinj likes this.
    11-21-2013 07:46 AM
    You know your screwed...when its easier to signup at healthcare.gov.... than get a new Lumina 929.
    Lumia. It's spelled Lumia. There is no "n". Why do people do this?

I know its coming because I've seen the device in testing and like I posted previously you could find the otterbox case for the 929 in our system. I'm hoping my source is wrong about a first quarter release and we get it next month instead
    Thank you for the continued updates, Broadway. Please keep them coming. Regardless of the negative direction this thread has taken, we do appreciate your willingness to share information to we who are often left in the dark when it comes to Verizon's WP8 offerings.

So disappointed. And surprised Verizon would pass on the opportunity to release the 929 with the 2520.
    So why not just wait for an 8.1 phone at this point?

This is where Verizon and Nokia continually fail: releasing a phone at the apex of technology. Verizon's the biggest carrier in the US and Nokia is the most desired WP device maker. News leaks of a mainstream device that has all of the bells and whistles (ala 920 when it released over a year ago), yet the only thing we get for over 6 months is the 1020 and 1520, both niche devices for different reasons and both only on the number 2 carrier in the US.

I really,. REALLY hope that when MS buys them completely we will see this fixed, because I really can't see how anyone could truly believe this strategy is sustainable for market growth.

In the meantime, I remain with a Trophy ...
    This is what gets me. Verizon had a great opportunity to release top of the line specs in a timely manner. On top of that, they have a tablet that they could pair very well with the device to sell multiple devices and contracts at once. It's gold. Instead, they decided they wanted to unload old inventory of the devices predecessor, presumably for two reasons: 1.) Keeping the balance sheet looking nice. 2.) Supply chain management.

I understand. But it's a real pain for those of us, the customers, who are trying to maintain OUR personal balance sheet. We want devices as they are available, not as it perfects your supply chain. WP users are once treated like second-class customers.

In my annoyance last night, I bought an 822 off Ebay for $75, my Trophy is finally starting to slow down.

I'm still expecting a December 6th release date. There are far too many Lumia 929 accessories listed on Amazon with that date. Surely Verizon talks to accessory manufacturers because they want there to be related products available just as much as the accessory company wants a phone to be available. If they were all taking stabs in the dark on a release date, why would they all fall on the 6th?
    I think you're right. I just wish Verizon would announce the friggen date already. We know they're not going to announce it two weeks in advance because it's a Windows Phone and that's not how Verizon likes to deal with Windows Phones. But hopefully we can at least get a Verizon source to confirm it.
    11-21-2013 08:15 AM
    Did we happen to find out the battery size on the 929? Cause I really don't want to spend any more time and energy on this phone only to find a 2000mA battery..... :/
    11-21-2013 08:45 AM
292 ... 56789 ...