Lumia 929 Released Date Nov 21

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I went to verizonwireless.com and started one of those live chats with a sales rep...

ME: Hello. I was just wondering if there is a release date for the Nokia Lumia 929.
REP: Not yet.

So, I pushed a little further...

ME: Okay. I heard that reps were getting training on this device, so I figured it would be released pretty soon.
REP: Well, we're unable to give a release date at this time.

So, it seems to me that they do, in fact, have a release date, but reps are being told not to divulge that information.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

The online chat reps have told me in the past that they aren't told about a release until the day of or the day before the announcement. Could be tomorrow if we're operating off your assumption that they have a release date in mind.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If we receive it tomorrow I would jeep everyone posted

Thanks for the update, Broadway. Please let us know when you hear anything!

In terms of Amazon listings, it looks like Skinomi lists the release dates for their NL929 screen protectors as December 6th. All the other screen protector companies have made their NL929 products available as of today.

outlaw_d

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that the 929 was a scheme concocted by WPCentral to boost forum participation.

You could be right. I just spoke with an online chat person on Verizon's site and they didn't know anything about the L929... As smart and informed as they are, if they don't know anything about it, then it probably doesn't exist. We've been fooled!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You could be right. I just spoke with an online chat person on Verizon's site and they didn't know anything about the L929... As smart and informed as they are, if they don't know anything about it, then it probably doesn't exist. We've been fooled!

The online chat people know less than your average toddler. It's not their fault, but they honestly don't know anything about a device until it's been released.

jhvoorhies

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I called my local store and the salesman gave me his personal cell # and told me that I need to call him tomorrow at noon because "that's when everything will be out." pretty sure that's a good indicator right??

outlaw_d

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I called my local store and the salesman gave me his personal cell # and told me that I need to call him tomorrow at noon because "that's when everything will be out." pretty sure that's a good indicator right??

I don't understand why Verizon is being to sketchy with this release?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Well they did announce the 2520 will be available tomorrow but will they announce and make the 929 available the same day?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)