Lumia 929 Released Date Nov 21

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I called my local store and the salesman gave me his personal cell # and told me that I need to call him tomorrow at noon because "that's when everything will be out." pretty sure that's a good indicator right??

You need to post his cell # here so that we can create some sort of community sign-up spread sheet to call him at 5 minute intervals through out the night starting at 12am. It's your duty as a Windows Phone fan to do this.

jhvoorhies

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Well they did announce the 2520 will be available tomorrow but will they announce and make the 929 available the same day?
I made it very clear that I was interested in the Lumia 929. At first he denied any existence of the device, then upon me talking about At&t having the 1520 on Fri, and how I would leave VZW for a new Lumia, he decided to give me his cell # and told me to call back tomorrow... strange.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I made it very clear that I was interested in the Lumia 929. At first he denied any existence of the device, then upon me talking about At&t having the 1520 on Fri, and how I would leave VZW for a new Lumia, he decided to give me his cell # and told me to call back tomorrow... strange.

Well, let's hope for at least an announcement tomorrow, with a release next week perhaps. Let us know how it goes

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I just called my local store as well. Here's how it went:

Rep: Thank you for calling Verizon may I help you.
Me: Yes, I was calling to reserve my Lumia 929 for tomorrow.
Rep: nine twenty NINE!?
Me: Yes, please.
Rep: (to someone near her but not to me) How many of those did we get? (then to me) Wait just a moment

*musical interlude*

Rep: Sir, we won't actually have those in the store tomorrow but you can come in and order one.
Me: Sounds good, thank you.

So my thoughts are that it's getting announced tomorrow and made available for order but it may not be available to actually take home. That may just be this store.

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I just called my local store as well. Here's how it went:

Rep: Thank you for calling Verizon may I help you.
Me: Yes, I was calling to reserve my Lumia 929 for tomorrow.
Rep: nine twenty NINE!?
Me: Yes, please.
Rep: (to someone near her but not to me) How many of those did we get? (then to me) Wait just a moment

*musical interlude*

Rep: Sir, we won't actually have those in the store tomorrow but you can come in and order one.
Me: Sounds good, thank you.

So my thoughts are that it's getting announced tomorrow and made available for order but it may not be available to actually take home. That may just be this store.

If you're lying I will have my friend Liam find you....and he WILL kill you.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You could be right. I just spoke with an online chat person on Verizon's site and they didn't know anything about the L929... As smart and informed as they are, if they don't know anything about it, then it probably doesn't exist. We've been fooled!

I just got the phone with Verizons tele-sales. The guy new nothing about the 929 either. He didn't even see it listed in his computer. I told him there are a lot of Vzw customers looking forward to this phone being launched tomorrow. He looked in the forums and saw comments on it, but "no official response from Vzw." Doesn't look good for a launch tomorrow.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I promise that's how the conversation went. I want this 929 to be real just like everyone else.

What music was playing during the interlude?

Edit: I called my local Verizon store and asked. She said they don't have any release information for the NL 929 YET. She also mentioned that it was not showing up on the store computer.Take that for whatever it's worth.

Last edited:

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
What music was playing during the interlude?

Combination musical bed and Verizon upselling me stuff

I called a different store here in the Indianapolis area. This conversation was longer but basically the rep told me that there was no preorder process and that I could just come in and get it...unless I wanted the red one. That confused me so I reitereated, "This is the 929, right?" She said, "Oh, not the tablet?" I told her I meant the phone a 929. She looked it up and she found nothing.

That means I'm 50/50 and the rep at the first store could have just been talking about the 2520 since I'm sure they're all getting geared up for it.

I hope that's not the case and I was just a genius that made that first rep slip up. I didn't intend to get any false hopes up. Like I said, I'm just as excited as everyone else.

broadwaylos

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a update looks like the 929 got pushed back to a first quarter release in order to move additional inventory of the 928. Apparently the 928 is going to go on special has a free device to help move inventory. Trust me I'm disappointed but the 21st was never made official can't be mad at vzw.

broadwaylos

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I know its coming because I've seen the device in testing and like I posted previously you could find the otterbox case for the 929 in our system. I'm hoping my source is wrong about a first quarter release and we get it next month instead

remindmyself

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
i have a update looks like the 929 got pushed back to a first quarter release in order to move additional inventory of the 928. Apparently the 928 is going to go on special has a free device to help move inventory. Trust me i'm disappointed but the 21st was never made official can't be mad at vzw.

mother $#%&^@!

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
My heart is broken :(

It's not that I'm angry at Verizon. I'm angry at them for plenty of other reasons, but not for delaying an unannounced phone. I was just really dying to have a new phone. I have an old iPhone 4S and I was planning on getting the 929 before I left for my New Years trip this Winter, so I could take advantage of the great camera. Now what to do? And waiting longer just means that there's less time between me getting the 929, and Nokia announcing another phone in the Spring that will obviously be better. So I'm so unsure of what to do.

hoodliedoo

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Conspiracy confirmed. Now what do I get? I'm stuck with Verizon. No 929. No nexus 5. iOS7 is terrible. T-mobile coverage is awful here so I can't switch. And to top it all off, my company doesn't subsidize AT&T. Oh yeah, and my current phone is cracked and about to die. Thanks Verizon devices division for making sure to only stock 6+ month old tech.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
And tbh, the 928 is more like year old tech...

That's exactly why I was holding off for the 929. My contract just ran out so I was due for an upgrade, and the 929 seemed like my only reasonable option. Not that the 928 isn't great, it's just going to get old a lot faster if I purchase it a lot later in its life. So the 929 was my most logical option. But now that's out of the question. So unsure of what to do :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss