Lumia 929 Released Date Nov 21

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately Verizon was our only choice due to the demographics where we live. Was on ATT for 10 years, they have a larger selection but I was more glad that they stayed with WP's since my first WP the Samsung Focus.

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I was going to go to VZ today to give them my money and extend my phone contract for another two years. With no release of the 929, I won't be doing that anymore.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing to be mad about? Vzw never said they were going to release the 929 or that one even exists. If you're tired of waiting for Vzw to release a new phone, change carries. ******** about it does nothing. Vzw doesn't care about the 50 people on this thread.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing to be mad about? Vzw never said they were going to release the 929 or that one even exists. If you're tired of waiting for Vzw to release a new phone, change carries. ******** about it does nothing. Vzw doesn't care about the 50 people on this thread.

You are wrong. We as the customer have every right to protest our carrier for the service that we want. You want to bring change to a service? Ask for it. Is it a sure thing that change will happen? Nope. Is it worth a shot? Maybe.

If I was Verizon, I would want feedback from my customers before they leave for another carrier, not after. Different strokes for different folks. You don't want your voice to be heard? Then don't express it. But don't tell me that I don't have any other option but to switch carriers. I'll make damn sure that Verizon hears my voice before I leave them for ignoring it.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I made it very clear that I was interested in the Lumia 929. At first he denied any existence of the device, then upon me talking about At&t having the 1520 on Fri, and how I would leave VZW for a new Lumia, he decided to give me his cell # and told me to call back tomorrow... strange.

Any news yet?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing to be mad about? Vzw never said they were going to release the 929 or that one even exists.

I agree with this. But not the second part, as a consumer we always have options. But considering they haven't said jack about a new Windows phone it does kind of limit the options we do have as consumers concerning this phantom phone. If there is some kind of exclusive deal that Nokia has with AT&T then I'll be glad when that deal is over because it ties Verizon, TMobile, etc. hands and won't allow them to compete.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
A little humor

Verizon...let's prep the new Windows phone and call it the 929, that way we can get around the 6 month clause like we had to do with the 920>928
ATT....Um, we heard you have a phone designed after our exclusive 1520 and plan to release it before the 6 month clause
Verizon.....nu-uh, this is simply an upgraded 928, nothing to see here move along.
ATT....we have Nokia on the line and they said all you did was change the screen size and type from our 1520
Verizon....fuuuuudddgggeee
ATT...what was that?
Verizon.....fine, I said fine. We'll call it the 1529 and release it in April. BYE!

jhvoorhies

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Any news yet?
unfortunately, his vm is full and he did not answer the two times that I've called. I'm assuming he was an uneducated salesman that got mixed up with the 2520. Such a flipping shame. AT&T definitely has my interests now. I've been following news on this phone for months.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
unfortunately, his vm is full and he did not answer the two times that I've called. I'm assuming he was an uneducated salesman that got mixed up with the 2520. Such a flipping shame. AT&T definitely has my interests now. I've been following news on this phone for months.

vm full? Sounds like he gave his number out to more than just you! Probably filled with a lot of unhappy people lol

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the update. I was wondering why he would give out his personal number unless he planned on trying to cut you a side deal.

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I just walked out of the Microsoft store with a free 928 (extended my contract). It actually works out well for me - when the 929 comes out, I'll start a new line of service with VZW and give my wife my 928 and get her off of T-Mobile's cruddy network.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
You are wrong. We as the customer have every right to protest our carrier for the service that we want. You want to bring change to a service? Ask for it. Is it a sure thing that change will happen? Nope. Is it worth a shot? Maybe.

If I was Verizon, I would want feedback from my customers before they leave for another carrier, not after. Different strokes for different folks. You don't want your voice to be heard? Then don't express it. But don't tell me that I don't have any other option but to switch carriers. I'll make damn sure that Verizon hears my voice before I leave them for ignoring it.

I'm sorry, but your only option is to switch carries if you don't like Vzw polices/phone release schedule. You can be mad and voice your opinion, but until you get a large amount of customers to join you, they are not going to care. They have over 88.8 million customers and their churn rate in 2Q of 2012 was .84% which breaks down to 745920 customers. That's per quarter. You would need substantially more than that to get movement from Vzw or have them commit some heinous offense that gets major national media coverage. Not releasing a new Windows Phone on a timely basis isn't going to qualify for that.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but your only option is to switch carries if you don't like Vzw polices/phone release schedule. You can be mad and voice your opinion, but until you get a large amount of customers to join you, they are not going to care. They have over 88.8 million customers and their churn rate in 2Q of 2012 was .84% which breaks down to 745920 customers. That's per quarter. You would need substantially more than that to get movement from Vzw or have them commit some heinous offense that gets major national media coverage. Not releasing a new Windows Phone on a timely basis isn't going to qualify for that.

I completely understand all of the above. But what are fans for if not to lobby for their platforms?

horton-hears-a-who-main.jpg

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Talking with someone named Julie on Twitter (I believe she's registered here? Just not in the topic, or using a different username? We both were tweeting and mentioning WPCentral, but anyways) and she heard from a rep that the 929 is looking like a December 21st release. Take it with a grain of salt, because obviously the info we have seen so far has been spotty, but that's that. Don't shoot the messenger.

But I think I'm going to go to AT&T tomorrow and see how well they can convince me into liking their network and getting a 1020. If the network is not horribly bad, I might stop complaining about Verizon's ugly phones and lack of commitment, and just tell them how I feel with my bank account by buying from AT&T instead. We'll see.

hoodliedoo

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
A Saturday release seems unlikely. Then again, what do I know about cell phone release dates? Almost pulled the trigger on a used 928 today just to tide me over.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I assume that the exclusivity pertains to phones only. Verizon introduced the same tablet today that AT&T will introduce tomorrow. Why the difference? Unless Nokia never discussed their intention to introduce a tablet. Any thoughts on this situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99