Lumia 929 Released Date Nov 21

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Just a thought but with all the delayed issues and shortages of the 1520 could point to why we hadnt seen the 929 yet. Just a thought tho.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly why I think there is a lot of hope for December 6th. I can't imagine a whole slew of accessories being released for a device that doesn't get released until Q1 2014.

I like the optimism. And I hope you're right. But it's totally possible for accessories to be made long in advance. Look at iPhone cases, those always show up months before the announcements. Same with tablets, etc. so I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for early December. I really can't afford to wait into January because I have a lot of trips coming up, and I'd love to replace my iPhone 4S camera with a nice Nokia Lumia phone but don't want to buy the 928 knowing something else is just around the corner.

carstenosu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I like the optimism. And I hope you're right. But it's totally possible for accessories to be made long in advance. Look at iPhone cases, those always show up months before the announcements. Same with tablets, etc. so I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for early December. I really can't afford to wait into January because I have a lot of trips coming up, and I'd love to replace my iPhone 4S camera with a nice Nokia Lumia phone but don't want to buy the 928 knowing something else is just around the corner.

If it comes to January, I may just wait for the next awesome ATT Lumia and jump ship from Verizon. I don't like buying phones that aren't bleeding edge.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
If it comes to January, I may just wait for the next awesome ATT Lumia and jump ship from Verizon. I don't like buying phones that aren't bleeding edge.

I'm the same. I just don't know how inferior AT&T's network is since I've had Verizon my whole life. I hope it's not a huge change. But I've been eyeing the 1020 for a while, just never had the network for it. The 929 was good enough, although not as great of a camera and very ugly, I'd take it if it came out soon enough, but I can't wait forever. Always seems like a waiting game with AT&T. But I'm willing to wait a little bit longer. I have until mid December to decide for sure.

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
My 822 is still working just fine, so I won't be jumping on a 928. If the 929 or 102x doesn't come out before we start seeing info on the next gen windows phones, I'll just use my 822 for as long as it takes. I don't buy subsidized devices and the 822 is working just fine, so no biggie for me.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My 822 is still working just fine, so I won't be jumping on a 928. If the 929 or 102x doesn't come out before we start seeing info on the next gen windows phones, I'll just use my 822 for as long as it takes. I don't buy subsidized devices and the 822 is working just fine, so no biggie for me.

What does your minutes/data/text plan look like, tink?

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same. I just don't know how inferior AT&T's network is since I've had Verizon my whole life. I hope it's not a huge change. But I've been eyeing the 1020 for a while, just never had the network for it. The 929 was good enough, although not as great of a camera and very ugly, I'd take it if it came out soon enough, but I can't wait forever. Always seems like a waiting game with AT&T. But I'm willing to wait a little bit longer. I have until mid December to decide for sure.

You think the 929 is ugly? Dang, I find it to be beautiful.

jhvoorhies

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You think the 929 is ugly? Dang, I find it to be beautiful.
I ccouldn't wait for the 929. I bought a 1520 yesterday night. Love it. The size is actually perfect since I watch videos on my phone and play games. Awesome device. I just now have a wireless Nokia charger that I cannot use from my 928.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I ccouldn't wait for the 929. I bought a 1520 yesterday night. Love it. The size is actually perfect since I watch videos on my phone and play games. Awesome device. I just now have a wireless Nokia charger that I cannot use from my 928.

Congrats on the new phone, man!

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

How is the camera? I've read from some sites that it's amazing, and others that it's nothing special, but still nice. What do you think? And does it pass the pocket test? I love the design. Striking and colorful.

Wish the 929 could be colorful and have the same body shape, but oh well. The 1520 definitely looks great. Although a bit too big for my liking. But I'm sure it's great for viewing webpages, playing games, and such!

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I still have unlimited data, hence the pay out of pocket for devices. Well that and my 20% corporate discount (for plan not for devices) doesn't hurt either.

sundevil1982

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you think the 929 will be outdated tech by the time it comes out? That's what kept me from jumping on the 928 when it was released. Seemed like they released it 6 mo too late.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you think the 929 will be outdated tech by the time it comes out? That's what kept me from jumping on the 928 when it was released. Seemed like they released it 6 mo too late.

If they release it in the next couple months, it won't be. After that, with the release of the Snapdragon 805 devices in the first half of 2014, possibly. But it won't be outdated by much.

jhvoorhies

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
How is the camera? I've read from some sites that it's amazing, and others that it's nothing special, but still nice. What do you think? And does it pass the pocket test? I love the design. Striking and colorful.

Wish the 929 could be colorful and have the same body shape, but oh well. The 1520 definitely looks great. Although a bit too big for my liking. But I'm sure it's great for viewing webpages, playing games, and such!
I thought it was too big when I saw the in store demo but oddly, now that I have it, it is perfect. I only have issues using it one handed. You really have to use two hands but that's fine with me since I don't usually talk on the phone. Perfect for movies, games, and web surfing. It passes the pocket test for me even in tight skinny jeans. I have had 0 problems with pocket-ability.

I LOVE the camera. I think its a HUGE improvement over the 928s cam. Instagram is perfect for this phone!

I bought the black model and it looks even more sleek. The phone is unbelievably thin too so that helps.

All in all, I am not looking back on my switch to att for this phone. The screen is brilliant and the phone is a powerhouse. LOVEEEEEE!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I upgraded from my 822 to the 928. My 822 was working perfect, but I just wanted a bigger screen. I don't feel like the 928 is outdated. It works perfectly. Runs smooth. It works.

hoodliedoo

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a Lumia 920 until June when I switched jobs. My new company pays for Verizon but not at&t. So I got a used 822 and have been ok with my choice as a stop gap.

I just couldn't justify burning a stipend on old tech that i would be stuck with for 2 more years. Now I wish I had just spent the extra cash to get the used 928. I can see myself getting caught up in the perpetual waiting game.

I may set a drop dead date and go back to the iPhone if no new Lumia comes to Verizon. As a windows phone developer, this would suck, but I can't wait forever.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

The problem with that rumor is it's mainly based on the Skinomi accessories listed on Amazon set to be released on December 6th: Amazon.com: Skinomi? TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 929 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Pink Carbon Fiber Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

That would be an okay rumor, except that Skinomi is also releasing the 1520 accessories on December 6th:Amazon.com: Skinomi? TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Silver Carbon Fiber Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
Which tells us that accessory release dates aren't necessarily the best indicator of actual device release dates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion