Lumia 929 Released Date Nov 21

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was too big when I saw the in store demo but oddly, now that I have it, it is perfect. I only have issues using it one handed. You really have to use two hands but that's fine with me since I don't usually talk on the phone. Perfect for movies, games, and web surfing. It passes the pocket test for me even in tight skinny jeans. I have had 0 problems with pocket-ability.

I LOVE the camera. I think its a HUGE improvement over the 928s cam. Instagram is perfect for this phone!

I bought the black model and it looks even more sleek. The phone is unbelievably thin too so that helps.

All in all, I am not looking back on my switch to att for this phone. The screen is brilliant and the phone is a powerhouse. LOVEEEEEE!

I'm wishing I was on AT&T right now. The 1520 is a beautiful phone.

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok long post here we come :) Some things i wanted to answer/ address

Did we happen to find out the battery size on the 929? Cause I really don't want to spend any more time and energy on this phone only to find a 2000mA battery..... :/

Gopher957 its a 2510mAh battery :)

I was going to go to VZ today to give them my money and extend my phone contract for another two years. With no release of the 929, I won't be doing that anymore.

Hope people. Keep ur hopes up.

You are wrong. We as the customer have every right to protest our carrier for the service that we want. You want to bring change to a service? Ask for it. Is it a sure thing that change will happen? Nope. Is it worth a shot? Maybe.

If I was Verizon, I would want feedback from my customers before they leave for another carrier, not after. Different strokes for different folks. You don't want your voice to be heard? Then don't express it. But don't tell me that I don't have any other option but to switch carriers. I'll make damn sure that Verizon hears my voice before I leave them for ignoring it.

Totally agree with u. Voice ur opinions... it never hurts to....

Talking with someone named Julie on Twitter (I believe she's registered here? Just not in the topic, or using a different username? We both were tweeting and mentioning WPCentral, but anyways) and she heard from a rep that the 929 is looking like a December 21st release. Take it with a grain of salt, because obviously the info we have seen so far has been spotty, but that's that. Don't shoot the messenger.

But I think I'm going to go to AT&T tomorrow and see how well they can convince me into liking their network and getting a 1020. If the network is not horribly bad, I might stop complaining about Verizon's ugly phones and lack of commitment, and just tell them how I feel with my bank account by buying from AT&T instead. We'll see.

Tell Julie to keep us posted :)

I am holding out hope until December 6th. If that passes with no news of 929, then I may give up.

Once again guys..... Don't give up hope!! I know the waiting game sucks; it really does, but u just gotta keep hoping!

From the flyer posted above, I would guess that the 929 release date will be 1/16/14.

Right now honestly any speculations regarding a release date somewhere in December seems legit.....

Do you think the 929 will be outdated tech by the time it comes out? That's what kept me from jumping on the 928 when it was released. Seemed like they released it 6 mo too late.

No it shouldn't be.

If they release it in the next couple months, it won't be. After that, with the release of the Snapdragon 805 devices in the first half of 2014, possibly. But it won't be outdated by much.

Even then..... i highly doubt it will be.....

Guys, i know can't convince those who are tired of Verizon for their own reasons or the people who are fed up with the waiting game but let me tell you this: Nothing comes in a snap. Whether its money, phones, food, and life, nothing comes in a snap. Sure, some things come easy, but for those things that don't, you JUST HAVE TO WAIT. If I were a genie, sure i would make the L929 come in a snap and everything would be fine. But unfortunately, I'm not a genie nor is Verizon, and getting mad at them for releasing something late makes no difference. I'd admit i get annoyed with them sometimes; I wish they would have better phones, better communication with their customers, and better announcements about releasing phones, but I think they are fine where they are. And I can't say that Verizon is perfect; I've never been in those people's shoes that have experienced bad customer service from Verizon. Verizon has a purpose for being hesitant about WP8 and flagship Nokia phones, we just dont know their reasons. So for those who are still hopeful about L929 or losing hope... Don't give up on the L929. It will come out! Just bear the waiting game a little more! :)

LE END OF LE LONG POST! XD

Sent from my device using Tapatalk

Kart69

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I havent been on this forum very long, so I dont know in what capacity you are in regards to accessories. Are you a Verizon store employee, Microsoft store, 3rd party retailer, amazon warehouse worker? Apparently, accessories have been available for a while.........

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I run a corporate store we never receive accessories unless the device is about to launch

How come when I browse Accessories on the verizonwireless.com website, I don't see anything for the Icon/929?
Also, if you're receiving these accessories, are we allowed to ask about them and buy them at the store, or you guys still have to deny that nothing exists yet? Reason I'm asking is because I plan to check out one of the corporate stores tomorrow, and I plan to ask myself. Thanks for any of the questions you can answer.....

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
How come when I browse Accessories on the verizonwireless.com website, I don't see anything for the Icon/929?
Also, if you're receiving these accessories, are we allowed to ask about them and buy them at the store, or you guys still have to deny that nothing exists yet? Reason I'm asking is because I plan to check out one of the corporate stores tomorrow, and I plan to ask myself. Thanks for any of the questions you can answer.....

Having an item listed publicly on a website is a little different than receiving inventory and having it in the stock room. Unless broadway meant that he has the accessories up for sale? But the way I read his post, it seems like he received the shipment, but they aren't up for sale yet, which is why you can't find them on the Verizon website, since the Lumia Icon hasn't been announced yet.

But I could be wrong. That was just my interpretation.

broadwaylos

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The website won't show accessories until the device is released. Typically we launch a device within two weeks of receiving accessories. I will check my in-transit tomorrow and see if we have any devices schedule to arrive next week. I have pictures of the accessories but I can't figure out how to post them to this forum

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
In the text editor, there's a picture icon (next to video icon). Click it, upload photo from your computer or via URL if it's hosted elsewhere.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I believe broadwaylos's story. Too bad some of these store reps are clueless though. I walked into the Verizon store today, and asked a rep about 929/Icon accessories coming in. The guy looked at me with a clueless puzzled look on his face! So I walked out.

I then went to the Microsoft store, and asked an employee there. He said the accessories were shipped to the store a couple of days ago, but they couldn't sell them yet, and didn't elaborate what they were. He didn't know when the phone would be released, and said they haven't gotten any word on employee training yet either, since they typically get training for every phone they sell.

One thing I did ask the Microsoft store rep about was the insurance plan I heard about. If you buy a phone at the Microsoft store, you can get warranty protection for $99 for 2 years. You just pay a $50 deductible if you have to use it. You'll get a brand new phone in minutes, and not have a crappy refurb shipped to you like Verizon pulls.

So here's my opinion on the release date, so take it with a grain of salt, as I'm taking a very educated guess. The phone showed up on Verizon's test site Wed 1/8. Accessories were supposedly shipped the very next day on Thurs 1/9. Per broadwaylos, if phones typically launch 2 weeks after accessories are shipped, and since Verizon launches phones on Thursdays, I predict a Thursday 1/23/14 launch. If that really does happen, you heard it here first!

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
One thing I did ask the Microsoft store rep about was the insurance plan I heard about. If you buy a phone at the Microsoft store, you can get warranty protection for $99 for 2 years. You just pay a $50 deductible if you have to use it. You'll get a brand new phone in minutes, and not have a crappy refurb shipped to you like Verizon pulls.

It's a $50 deductible, I believe, if the phone was lost or damaged.
I've replaced mine under this plan numerous times and never had to pay a dime. The first time they were confused, and it took about 1.5 hours because they thought it needed to be reregistered with my provider. Every other time I walked in, showed them the issue, and 10 minutes later was walking out with a new phone.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I believe broadwaylos's story. Too bad some of these store reps are clueless though. I walked into the Verizon store today, and asked a rep about 929/Icon accessories coming in. The guy looked at me with a clueless puzzled look on his face! So I walked out.

I then went to the Microsoft store, and asked an employee there. He said the accessories were shipped to the store a couple of days ago, but they couldn't sell them yet, and didn't elaborate what they were. He didn't know when the phone would be released, and said they haven't gotten any word on employee training yet either, since they typically get training for every phone they sell.

So here's my opinion on the release date, so take it with a grain of salt, as I'm taking a very educated guess. The phone showed up on Verizon's test site Wed 1/8. Accessories were supposedly shipped the very next day on Thurs 1/9. Per broadwaylos, if phones typically launch 2 weeks after accessories are shipped, and since Verizon launches phones on Thursdays, I predict a Thursday 1/23/14 launch. If that really does happen, you heard it here first!

This is plausible... Remember also that Rubino mentioned something earlier about Microsoft Stores getting the device in stock ahead of Verizon Corporate stores. Meaning we could still see it on 1/16/2014.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I hope both you and Daniel are right. I'm planning on buying from the Microsoft store myself, as my current phone is still in contract, and I want to buy the insurance the store provides.

Last edited:

dmmontal

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the Microsoft Store insurance plan, can anyone tell me if it applies only to the specific phone you purchase? Or is it tied to your wireless account overall? For instance if I bought a new device at the Microsoft store with their insurance (let's say the Icon), and then 6 months later I set aside the Icon and bought a new device as a replacement. Would the insurance roll over to the new device or would it be tied specifically to the Icon?

I ask as it would surely save me money over the long run compared to the $8/month I currently pay for Verizon's insurance, though only if I had the phone for a little longer than a year. Lately I've been upgrading every 6-12 months, so I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to purchase my next device from the Microsoft store.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
@dmmortal, I'd call the Microsoft store and see what their policy is. My gut tells me it's the device you buy, and your wireless plan doesn't come into play. If you do call, post here what they tell you.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok here's a quick update. I just visited another VZW corporate store (NYC Metro Area). I asked the clerk if he had any Icon accessories. He came back with 5 different cases, 2 VZW branded silicone gel cases (purple and black), 2 Incipio feather cases (blue and black), and a holster/clip combo case. He was willing to sell any of them to me, but I didn't buy any. I've already got 2.
He also told me the actual phones hadn't yet arrived, and he didn't know when they would be in .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99