Lumia 929 Released Date Nov 21

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've felt the same way, but the cynical part of me thought I would be denied a job simply because I would promote Windows Phones. :winktongue:

I got hired and my manager knew I would be promoting windows phone. In fact, he figured I could teach everyone else in the store how to use it. But I can't begin to count how many sales we lost because reps tried to convince a customer to get a different phone. Just the other day my coworker was ringing out a guy who wanted the 928 full retail. She said "I don't even know why he wants this phone" so I offered to ring him out instead. Of course she didn't let me but she tried so hard to sell him an iPhone.

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I got hired and my manager knew I would be promoting windows phone. In fact, he figured I could teach everyone else in the store how to use it. But I can't begin to count how many sales we lost because reps tried to convince a customer to get a different phone. Just the other day my coworker was ringing out a guy who wanted the 928 full retail. She said "I don't even know why he wants this phone" so I offered to ring him out instead. Of course she didn't let me but she tried so hard to sell him an iPhone.

I feel like if people would just TRY OUT Windows and feel the experience... like Windows would be so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I feel like if people would just TRY OUT Windows and feel the experience... like Windows would be so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly....that's how I came to WP. Of course, I was looking for an excuse to do so. Was taking a long weekend trip to a wedding, picked up a Vzw 822 to keep as loaner phone at work just because, had a blast using it. Promptly picked up my own 928 after I got back from the trip.

Really looking forward to the 9Icon29.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
You guys really think the 929 is worth upgrading to from the 928? Spec-wise? What would I gain from a 929 that my 928 doesn't offer?

HD screen - 1080, larger screen, up to date internals, 20mp camera, hopefully more premium design. To name a few obvious ones. I've used the 928 in the store many times and I know that everyone loves it, but I really think it looks, feels, and performs much worse than the 1520. I know the 1520 is a bigger screen but the resolution difference and zippy performance is substantial. I also think the 1020 and 925 though of similar specs are still more premium in the hand.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I love my 928, but I sure do want the bigger camera in the Icon. The rest of the specs are just the cherry on top, to me. I don't "need" them. But alas, my wife says I am not spending $200 on a new phone, so I'll be waiting for the price drop. And in the mean time, I'll still be hoping for a 41MP camera to come to Verizon....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes