02-03-2014 04:30 PM
141 ... 23456
tools
    ^^ I also agree Verizon doesn't seem to care much for windows phones. But, to me coverage is where they excel and that is more important. I'll just take the best device they offer for my needs knowing I'll always have the coverage to use it. Regarding the 1020, nice looking phone till you turn it over. Sorry, but to me that backside is bu++ ugly. Doesn't even sit flat on a table. To each their own.
    11-29-2013 10:58 AM
    I agree with many of your points. AT&T seems way more on board with Windows Phone than Verizon, and the 1020 is such a gorgeous phone.
    But I'm still hesitant to give up on Verizon's network. I might not like any carrier (from a consumer perspective). But I suppose part of me wants to buy a Windows Phone on Verizon to show them there is a demand on their network. And spec-wise, the 929 is turning out to be a really nice phone. I'd prefer the 1020 camera, but honestly, even something half as good as the 1020 camera is still better than most out there. I wish Verizon would get colorful phones, but if I can't for now, oh well. Specs will always matter more than colors. But yes, the yellow 1020 looks fantastic, especially in matte.

Waiting sucks, but I've waiting this long, I guess I can wait a little longer. Verizon's network may be worth waiting a little longer for. But of course, that's just my personal opinion. I don't blame you for jumping to AT&T for the 1020. I've wanted that phone so bad, but Verizon will never get it.
    I am beyond thrilled with the 1020! I'd like a 5-5.5in screen (1520 is too BIG for me and I have huge hands), but I just got back from a Bahamas cruise last week, and the photos that 1020 takes are, in a word, AMAZING!!
    wp_20131121_15_51_57_pro.jpg
    11-29-2013 11:39 AM
    I am beyond thrilled with the 1020! I'd like a 5-5.5in screen (1520 is too BIG for me and I have huge hands), but I just got back from a Bahamas cruise last week, and the photos that 1020 takes are, in a word, AMAZING!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20131121_15_51_57_Pro.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	50897
    Jealous! I love cruising, and the Bahamas, and the 1020. What a perfect combo you had there!
    11-29-2013 12:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20131121_15_51_57_Pro.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	50897
    Lucky u!

Sent from my device using Tapatalk
    11-29-2013 05:15 PM
    My business rep didn't know anything about the 929 this week either. BTW, has anyone ever heard of the Palm Pre 3???? Yes, it was a Verizon device that was built but never released. Not that it could have saved WebOS, but it was a nice device. I'm not saying the 929 is like the Pre 3 and will never come out, but Verizon does have a history of changing their minds.

The pre 3 didn't come out on any carrier. It was made for a couple carriers, and then killed before it saw the light of day.
    palandri likes this.
    11-29-2013 05:55 PM
    Did you even read my post? Leaks don't add to or lessen my frustration. Leaks exist because generously timed announcements don't.
    But if there was no "leaks" you would have never known it was even coming and could have been gone, aka no frustration. Yes i read your post...
    11-29-2013 05:56 PM
    The reason they don't announce it too far ahead, is that everyone will stop buying the previous version (in this case the 928). That will cause a ton of unsold phones. I am sure Verizon had to guarantee to purchase a number of phones to get the price to a certain level.

Its amazing how people can be so childish over a RUMOR that a new phone is coming out by a certain time. We know its coming out eventually.

If you are fed up, go somewhere else. Verizon really wont care about a dozen unhappy people.
    Shhhh don't throw around logic here, that would make to much sense lol. I agree 100% with you though.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    11-29-2013 05:58 PM
    Shhhh don't throw around logic here, that would make to much sense lol. I agree 100% with you though.
    You can use the button right to the right of the "Reply with quote" button to quote multiple posts with one post instead of posting three. Less spammy that way :)
    11-29-2013 06:00 PM
    You can use the button right to the right of the "Reply with quote" button to quote multiple posts with one post instead of posting three. Less spammy that way :)
    Lol...... who said it was spammy? XD

11-29-2013 07:04 PM
    11-30-2013 09:58 AM
    hmmm...
    i guess most websites must be saying a mid December release now..

11-30-2013 12:20 PM
    They went off posts that were made in this subsection.
    maevinj likes this.
    11-30-2013 12:50 PM
    hmmm...
    i guess most websites must be saying a mid December release now..

This thing has been leaked so many times it just needs to be really official by now. I wonder what's the hold up?

Sent from my XT907 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    11-30-2013 12:51 PM
    This thing has been leaked so many times it just needs to be really official by now. I wonder what's the hold up?

As of now its probably carrier testing......

11-30-2013 02:15 PM

Maybe they want it to be out for the holiday sales? Not sure what's taking so long.
    11-30-2013 04:02 PM
    Well according to other leaks its going to be released around mid to late December. I went back home for Thanksgiving and found that I had LTE everywhere! Normally is hard to even get call in some places, and now they had LTE! Verizon has really stepped up their game, so I believe I have changed my mind about switching to AT&T, but I still wish Verizon would change some of their WP policies.

BTW that white on looks great. Whats up with the white being limited? that's so stupid, so now pretty much this is going to be a one color phone sigh, Verizon didn't add colors, its going to take one away, or at least limit it
    12-02-2013 08:06 AM
    Well according to other leaks its going to be released around mid to late December. I went back home for Thanksgiving and found that I had LTE everywhere! Normally is hard to even get call in some places, and now they had LTE! Verizon has really stepped up their game, so I believe I have changed my mind about switching to AT&T, but I still wish Verizon would change some of their WP policies.

BTW that white on looks great. Whats up with the white being limited? that's so stupid, so now pretty much this is going to be a one color phone sigh, Verizon didn't add colors, its going to take one away, or at least limit it
    Yeah I agree. I've expected the 929 to be in black and white, because Verizon doesn't like color, but to make white limited and ONLY have black is pretty strange. Not uncommon, but definitely not something I expected.

Although, if black looks really good, I won't mind. But I've always been a fan of matte white, so this might be tempting!
    12-02-2013 12:43 PM
    Add me to the list of jumpers. I had to do something because my camera was broken, and I can't wait till after the holidays. With today's news of the 929/Icon being delayed till MWC at the earliest, I am OUT! I just bought a new LG G2. So far, so good. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find a good alternative to Kids Corner for my 3 year old. But it has Guest mode built in. Sweet. Feels great in the hand too. The back controls are very nice to use. Unless WP8.1 is something very, very special, I probably won't be back to WP. It breaks my heart.
    12-18-2013 12:59 PM
    Add me to the list of jumpers. I had to do something because my camera was broken, and I can't wait till after the holidays. With today's news of the 929/Icon being delayed till MWC at the earliest, I am OUT! I just bought a new LG G2. So far, so good. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find a good alternative to Kids Corner for my 3 year old. But it has Guest mode built in. Sweet. Feels great in the hand too. The back controls are very nice to use. Unless WP8.1 is something very, very special, I probably won't be back to WP. It breaks my heart.
    The G2 looks like a great phone. It's nice to hear about the back controls. Most of the things I've read about them seem to be negative. I've played with the G2 in the store and wondered how the back buttons would feel after some time went by.

Hope you get back to WP in the future.
    12-19-2013 05:30 AM
    I had the G2 for a few months. I never really got used to the back buttons. It seemed to me that LG did that just for the sake of being different...just wasn't a natural feel for me. Currently own the Note 3, but patiently awaiting the 929 like everyone else on here :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    12-19-2013 10:18 AM
    Been lurking and lurking waiting for this phone but I'm currently at the Verizon store buying the G2. Tired of chasing that carrot. As awesome as the 929 sounds and probably will be its not here. :(
    12-19-2013 03:47 PM
    Been lurking and lurking waiting for this phone but I'm currently at the Verizon store buying the G2. Tired of chasing that carrot. As awesome as the 929 sounds and probably will be its not here. :(
    The G2 is an awesome phone, I ended up getting the Moto X. The lumia 929 is losing a few potential customers with this long wait.

Sent from my XT1060 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    12-19-2013 09:20 PM
    Wow another fed up thread for Verizon releasing a unannounced phone. We had the same threads for the HTC Trophy, the 928 and if you watched the Android threads, you would see the same thing.

Verizon is ALWAYS ******* off customers with phone releases, it's true, not everyone will be happy.
    cbreze likes this.
    12-22-2013 10:22 AM
    We had the same threads for the HTC Trophy, the 928.
    This is true. I'm not surprised. But it doesn't mean I can't be annoyed :)
    12-22-2013 04:44 PM

You couldn't wait a few more days? Let me guess. The 928 was "too old" for you? Other than a couple internal differences, it's basically the same phone. Funny how mine runs just fine. Does what I need it to do. If you really liked WP you would've stayed around. Someone who really likes an os is not going to leave because a particular phone is not available. If you do, you place too much value on materialistic things.
    12-22-2013 05:02 PM
141 ... 23456