02-03-2014 04:30 PM
141 ... 456
tools
    When the Moto X first launched on Verizon it was horrible... just horrible. Now it is pretty good. Not as good as the 928 mind you, but I didn't dread having to use it when I needed to take a picture.
    I really like the 928 and the camera was the deciding factor when I switched from the razr maxx hd. Anyway i miss some of the apps I used for work on the droid as well as apps in general. I like the motorola x but originally heard the camera was terrible. Anyway decisions, decisions..
    01-03-2014 02:13 PM
    The G2 is an awesome phone, I ended up getting the Moto X. The lumia 929 is losing a few potential customers with this long wait.

Sent from my XT1060 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    Could not agree more with this. I waited/lurked in this forum for months...and ended up wasting my time. I picked up a Note 3 and am happy with it. I am a WP supporter, but its sad to see WP constantly missing out on big moves. The more days that pass, the less sexy those specs look. Count me as another lost customer.
    01-05-2014 10:14 AM
    Could not agree more with this. I waited/lurked in this forum for months...and ended up wasting my time. I picked up a Note 3 and am happy with it. I am a WP supporter, but its sad to see WP constantly missing out on big moves. The more days that pass, the less sexy those specs look. Count me as another lost customer.
    Ditto. I am waiting till CES in the hope that something will be announced. My wife held out until today, and is likely making the move to whatever else catches her eye now. We have 5 lines. I had intended to make at least 3 of them windows phones (replacing all lines asap). But as the days tick buy the rumors from Samsung, HTC and Apple are quickly solidifying and unlike MS/Nokia/Verizon - THEY - launch like clockwork. Verizon ALMOST lost our whole account but I couldn't quite deal with the size on the 1520, and the 1020 and 925 were simply too far behind the curve.
    01-05-2014 10:53 AM
    Please explain the logic on this one to me. The specs are looking "less sexy" as you put it, so you buy a phone with equal or inferior specs?
    aximtreo and maevinj like this.
    01-05-2014 12:06 PM
    For every person that's gotten tired of waiting on "rumors", there is another person just learning of the phone. Verizon and the 929 aren't losing a thing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Kart69 likes this.
    01-05-2014 04:26 PM
    Verizon and the 929 aren't losing a thing.

Work through this logic out loud for yourself. The longer a phone is on the market, the more market share it'll have. I believe you, Verizon isn't losing much by not putting this phone out. Nokia, Microsoft, and the entire WP8 community is. And that's what I care about. My experience, and the experience of this community. That's what suffers when Verizon indefinitely delays this device.
    poots1101 and IdemanEric like this.
    01-05-2014 05:01 PM
    Work through this logic out loud for yourself. The longer a phone is on the market, the more market share it'll have. I believe you, Verizon isn't losing much by not putting this phone out. Nokia, Microsoft, and the entire WP8 community is. And that's what I care about. My experience, and the experience of this community. That's what suffers when Verizon indefinitely delays this device.
    My logic is sound. A phone has a certain life cycle. As long as the phone is not released WELL after similar competing phones are out, it won't make a difference to MS, Nokia or WP8. They could have released the phone a month ago, or two months from now...there is still a finite amount of time where it will sell well and then got down from there. A month or two "delay" will not change things. It may upset you and others here, but it won't change a thing for these companies or their numbers.

01-05-2014 07:58 PM
    My logic is sound. A phone has a certain life cycle. As long as the phone is not released WELL after similar competing phones are out, it won't make a difference to MS, Nokia or WP8. They could have released the phone a month ago, or two months from now...there is still a finite amount of time where it will sell well and then got down from there. A month or two "delay" will not change things. It may upset you and others here, but it won't change a thing for these companies or their numbers.

You're wrong. But I'm not going to spend anymore time trying to convince you. I'll just float out what I'm saying.

Verizon, by waiting to release this device, stunts the growth of:

1.) Nokia's marketshare
    2.) Microsoft's marketshare
    3.) The WP8 community - I'm pretty positive the staff here at WPC will agree with me on this one. And if you don't consider yourself part of the community, or just don't care about any of the above three... Well, what are you doing here?
    Tjarren likes this.
    01-05-2014 10:15 PM
    For every person that's gotten tired of waiting on "rumors", there is another person just learning of the phone. Verizon and the 929 aren't losing a thing.

A phones life cycle lasts exactly as long as it is "on par" with similar devices and then begins to trail off as it is scooped up by those who place value on price, thereby reducing margins. If they wait much longer the only thing the 929 will be "on par" with will be other Windows Phones.

Therefore, what is sacrificed, is the opportunity to increase market share by pulling in interested buyers from other platforms (Like myself). For Verizon what is sacrificed is the opportunity to pull customers away from other carriers as AT&T has proven they have done by exploiting the void of Windows devices in Verizon. What is left then will be highly dedicated WP users who can stomach the specs, because they are used to sitting in the back of the bus and bargain hunters who don't care. Not exactly a winning marketing strategy.
    Tjarren likes this.
    01-06-2014 01:25 AM
    If we don't hear anything during CES week, it may be time to get off the sidelines on this one. I think Samsung may be the place to start looking at for the next killer WP phone. Just a hunch. They've been very silent in the WP market but they are dominating the tablet market in the non windows area. I think they want to also dominate the windows market in both phones and tablets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-06-2014 04:38 AM
    If we don't hear anything during CES week, it may be time to get off the sidelines on this one. I think Samsung may be the place to start looking at for the next killer WP phone. Just a hunch. They've been very silent in the WP market but they are dominating the tablet market in the non windows area. I think they want to also dominate the windows market in both phones and tablets.

I wouldn't say to get off the sidelines... Rather, you should take any new rumors or news as a grain of salt UNTIL Verizon or Nokia or Windows comes out with something. It will save a lot of anger and broken hearts. :)

01-20-2014 11:14 AM
    I'll be replacing my Lumia 928 on February 14th. I hope the Lumia Icon is out by then... If not, well, I've been researching a few Android phones JiC.
    01-30-2014 12:42 AM
    I'll be replacing my Lumia 928 on February 14th. I hope the Lumia Icon is out by then... If not, well, I've been researching a few Android phones JiC.
    Ya I'm kinda on the same boat. I'd love to have the Icon, but if we don't hear something soon I'm going to have to stick with Android. I want to try WP, but if there aren't phones to buy there is not much I can do about it (my local stores have been out of 928s for a bit). The Galaxy Note 3 looks pretty neat, not sure if the size will work for me though. Or the LG G2, but I'm not sure I like the skin LG layered on top of android, seems like it will really slow the phone down after a year or so.
    It'll be so much easier if the Icon would just get released.
    01-30-2014 07:43 AM
    Wait wait wait, you guys chose Verizon for their phones? I baffle... I always thought people went with Verizon because of their network. I sure as hell did. If you want cool phones go with ATT. They dont test phones and release them as soon as OEMs give it to them. By all means take your leave to go to big blue, less people hogging my LTE on big red.
    01-30-2014 07:54 AM
    For me AT&T has a better coverage.

true, coverage is amazing, I am just tired of the bs
    01-30-2014 10:29 AM
    For me AT&T has a better coverage.
    First time I've heard that....but I'm sure in certain areas it's true.

I have NO choice. Verizon provides the only service in many areas I frequently visit.
    02-03-2014 04:30 PM
141 ... 456