Fed up with Verizon (Lumia 929)

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon does not release the 929 this week I am done with them. I'm so fed up with them, they for one ruin the beauty of Nokia Phones, then they make us wait. Even if AT&T gets exclusive deals this means that Verizon isn't paying enough to get those deals. So yea it's AT&T's fault I guess, but I still blame Verizon. Verizon said when WP8 came out they were going to promote it, to make it a 3rd ecosystem. So what do they do? Remove color, make phones rounder or squarer, and make us wait. I honestly don't care whats "best" Verizon, I am their customer, and I am not happy. AT&T I guess your exclusives work, because if I don't get a 929, I'm heading your way.

Last edited by a moderator:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fed up with verizon (929)

yehh... I'm just going to wait an extra week. Verizon has dam good coverage and my plan is dirt cheap!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

WHAT THE HELL VERIZON? THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF YOUR PHONES.

I'm not actually mad at Verizon. I'm sure they have a good reason for waiting to announce the device. I still think it'll be announced and released this week. And I happen to think the 928 and 929 look slick and professional. But I'll act pissed off and raise a stink with you just so that WPC or someone else will investigate and get us some information soon.

Attachments

• 794564046.jpg
    794564046.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 75

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

If Verizon does not release the 929 this week I am done with them. I'm so fed up with them, they for one ruin the beauty of Nokia Phones, then they make us wait. Even if AT&T gets exclusive deals this means that Verizon isn't paying enough to get those deals. So yea it's AT&T's fault I guess, but I still blame Verizon. Verizon said when WP8 came out they were going to promote it, to make it a 3rd ecosystem. So what do they do? Remove color, make phones rounder or squarer, and make us wait. I honestly don't care whats "best" Verizon, I am their customer, and I am not happy. AT&T I guess your exclusives work, because if I don't get a 929, I'm heading your way.
Calm down there buddy. Verizon is getting an exclusive... the 929. AT&T is just launching their exclusive first. AT&T also neuters their phones just for the record.
If you really like Verizon's coverage I'd at least wait until the Dec. 6th before jumping ship.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I understand your anger. Verizon absolutely ruins beautiful phones, and releases them far too late. AT&T always gets the nicest looking Nokia phones 6 months earlier, and by the time Verizon releases anything, it's colorless, rounder, and using specs that have already been touted in the AT&T release half a year ago. If Verizon cites lack of demand, they only have themselves to blame for releasing uninteresting phones long after they were supposed to be interesting.

If Verizon didn't have good coverage, or if AT&T had better coverage, I'd jump in a heartbeat. The coverage is the only thing keeping me on Verizon right now.

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Calm down there buddy. Verizon is getting an exclusive... the 929. AT&T is just launching their exclusive first. AT&T also neuters their phones just for the record.
If you really like Verizon's coverage I'd at least wait until the Dec. 6th before jumping ship.

their first exclusive btw

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

And? They were probably waiting to see how market share was going before committing massive funds for an exclusive.
And? That's probably a good business move.

Could someone define "exclusive" for me? Were the 822, 8X with wireless charging, and ATIV Odyssey not "exclusives"? Arguably, the 928 has a xenon flash that is exclusive to the 928....

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

And? That's probably a good business move.

Could someone define "exclusive" for me? Were the 822, 8X with wireless charging, and ATIV Odyssey not "exclusives"? Arguably, the 928 has a xenon flash that is exclusive to the 928....

All exclusives are different. unfortunately the only people who know what the exclusive is are people who have access to the contract.

sundevil1982

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I agree that verizon normally has garbage exclusives, but their coverage is head and shoulder above the rest. I basically travel to every part of az and always have enough bars to make a call. I've had AT&T, tmobile, alltel, sprint and none of them compare. With that said if verizon doesn't release this soon I might just go for another iphone I guess.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

What phone are you using that you want the 929 that bad? I am currently using HTC 8X and I don't think the 929 is that much of an upgrade to get. Sure the specs are better but the functions are remotely the same. I am waiting for goldfinger.

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

I have a 822, I don't consider it, the 8x, the 928 exclusives. They are just Verizon varients of current devices. The 8x had wireless charging and the 928 had a flash or something. I want a real exclusive, or just a phone the same day AT&T gets it. The 920 (my dream phone, ima buy one just to have, the best looking phone ive ever seen) the 1020 (if red id buy also) and the 1520 (6 inch to big for me personally, but still an exclusive). these phones are exclusives.

I know the grass isn't always greener, but im just tired of waiting on a phone I sort of want because its a dumbed down Lumia, I want a real Lumia

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Another point, the 8x has color, why cant they make Lumias with color. I'm not sure what colors Verizon offers in the 8x, but I think there is a red one. The 822 had grey and red, but they don't have wireless charging covers in red and grey so why even make them.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

You need to stop and understand. The carriers oftentimes contact the manufacturers and "order" a phone a specific way. This gives them the "exclusive" rights to a phone.

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Ok? well in that case who ever orders Verizon's Windows Phones are not doing a good job. And still like I said i'm not happy as a customer, If this makes them more money sure fine do it, but I will be leaving Verizon.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

The lack of color really blows my mind. Black and White. Not even the-sometimes-available-red from Verizon. It's already bad enough that the 929 has zero style, imo. At least let it have some color.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

The lack of color really blows my mind. Black and White. Not even the-sometimes-available-red from Verizon. It's already bad enough that the 929 has zero style, imo. At least let it have some color.

Why not just get a colored case or some color skinz? I don't think I've ever looked at any of my phones and have been "man I wish this was red, it would make my phone so much better."

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Why not just get a colored case or some color skinz? I don't think I've ever looked at any of my phones and have been "man I wish this was red, it would make my phone so much better."

I understand the frustration with the color. I used to really want a red 928. Cases are not the same. I'm cool with a black phone now because my line of work is a bit more professional and i'd rather have a professional looking phone when talking to clients. And that's exactly what Verizon is going for.

The truth is, if Verizon released red as well as black and white, black and white would both outsell red. That's just the way it is. And that's why Verizon doesn't throw red into the mix.

I do wish they provided more options, though.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

Quite your B******g and DEAL WITH IT! JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T RELEASE A PHONE DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD BE "FED-UP". THEY DIDN'T RELEASE THE 928 WHEN I WANTED IT BUT I'M NOT PISSED ABOUT IT. M***********G DEAL WITH IT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion