Fed up with Verizon (Lumia 929)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Quite your B******g and DEAL WITH IT! JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T RELEASE A PHONE DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD BE "FED-UP". THEY DIDN'T RELEASE THE 928 WHEN I WANTED IT BUT I'M NOT PISSED ABOUT IT. M***********G DEAL WITH IT

He can be as upset as he'd like to be. Cut the caps out. This post was significantly more annoying than anything OP has said.

gopher957

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Fed up with verizon (929)

The biggest thing I'll be looking for is the Battery Size. Here's to hoping we can get something better than the disappointing 2000mA of the 928.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

First off- no problem with your thread. I have quit AT&T a million times due to dumb decisions and problems, at least in my head. I understand. No sweat. You want a device and a good one. I am very happy you are this passionate for a WP product. Sign that WP has good fans, and that makes me feel secure in it's growth- repeat customers. Love it.

I love the thought of the 929, and wish it was AT&T's device. That 5" screen size seems to be my personal "sweet spot" for a large phone. I have been playing around with my wifes Samsung Note 1, and it is a little gangly, but the advantages of screen space trump the disadvantages of the large footprint. However, after going to the AT&T store and playing around with the 6.3" Galaxy Mega, I am not thinking the 1520 is my kind of device. Just..... monster uncomfort level there. So, I will try it, but I am thinking it is not for me.

Big Red is a great network, but moving over from AT&T means signing a new contract and the comparable ones at Verizon are just a little more expensive, and the advantages are not that much greater. It is the ultimate catch 22- are you the type of person who chooses their service based on:

1) Service.
2) Device.
3) Price.

I will play with the L929 and see what other devices are availble for the rest of my family, contract price, ECT. But, the grass ain't always greener.

As a side not, tcedwards, what device/carrier would you move to?

BlackWindow8

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

WHAT THE HELL VERIZON? THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF YOUR PHONES.

I'm not actually mad at Verizon. I'm sure they have a good reason for waiting to announce the device. I still think it'll be announced and released this week. And I happen to think the 928 and 929 look slick and professional. But I'll act pissed off and raise a stink with you just so that WPC or someone else will investigate and get us some information soon.

Not happening. That phone is not releasing this week. No pre-order info, no headlines especially with the 2520 coming this week? Not happening.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

lorenzoscott78

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday I called a few stores and no news actually no knowledge of a Lumia 929. I then called Verizon customer retention and no new information on the Lumia 929 they did not know anything about the phone. I threaten to cancel my account (I have 6 lines) and still no knew news. The gentleman told me that at this time there is no new Windows phone release scheduled for this year. He indicated that there is one phone for next year.
Today I had my wife call a few other stores and also call Verizon and same stuff they said they never heard of it and that they did not show any new windows phones coming out this year.
Not sure if we all got fooled

rpd2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I spoke to a sales person in our store today and she said "the 929 has not been released yet." Thanks for the thread as I have been frustrated myself with the delay. I really wanted the 1020 with the 41m camera, but comitted not to go back to ATT (the last time I switched for whatever shiny, new phone they had at the time). I can't wait to get rid of my iPhone, but want the great camera in the new Nokia's. (The HTC poster just does not get it). Lets go Verizon!

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

I read Q1, which would pretty much make the phone old, with 8.1 phones in the pipe line, oh wait Verizon won't get 8.1 phones will next fall!

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday I called a few stores and no news actually no knowledge of a Lumia 929. I then called Verizon customer retention and no new information on the Lumia 929 they did not know anything about the phone. I threaten to cancel my account (I have 6 lines) and still no knew news. The gentleman told me that at this time there is no new Windows phone release scheduled for this year. He indicated that there is one phone for next year.
Today I had my wife call a few other stores and also call Verizon and same stuff they said they never heard of it and that they did not show any new windows phones coming out this year.
Not sure if we all got fooled
Un*******real, if true. If the 1520 had Qi charging I would have already told Verizon to pound sand.

Stuphologist

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I just spoke with the sales guy I usually talk to at my local Verizon store (he knows me - what can I say, four lines and I go through phones pretty fast). He said not only are there none physically in the store, they aren't in the system and there's been no discussion (at least at the sales-staff level) of a new Nokia phone at all. He could be blowing smoke, of course, but he seemed genuine not glib or "spouting a line".

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke with the sales guy I usually talk to at my local Verizon store (he knows me - what can I say, four lines and I go through phones pretty fast). He said not only are there none physically in the store, they aren't in the system and there's been no discussion (at least at the sales-staff level) of a new Nokia phone at all. He could be blowing smoke, of course, but he seemed genuine not glib or "spouting a line".

I think we can say definitively that at the retail level there has been no movement with this device. It's clearly not there yet. But we've had three Verizon employees, two of which seems to be corporate, who have confirmed that the device exists and has been in testing for quite some time. Not only that, but there have been leaks of someone, presumably someone who knows a Verizon employee, playing with phone & providing pictures. He even offered to sell it. It exists. It works. Just waiting for Verizon to announce and release.

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been lurking around here for quite a while now, especially with the Lumia 929 rumours floating around. I'm a future Verizon employee (just got hired recently) but I haven't started working yet or even training at all. At my job interview with the manager they asked me what phone I was using and I mentioned that I had a Lumia 900 - which he then said "Oh yea, the Nokia rep was just here yesterday talking about the new 929". That was in the beginning of November.

I won't be starting this November so I can't verify anything yet, but I can pretty much say that at the very least managers should be aware of it. Not necessarily the team members. So if you know a store manager personally, ask them, not the sales people.

RduNC

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I also know someone that works at BB mobile here in Raleigh NC. She is a current 822 user and is absolutely jumping out of her skin to get a 929. The deal is they are no where to be found. She text me and basically pulled the " see I told ya so". I had asked her about the rumor of a November 21 being a release date. Her Verizon rep said no way that is going to happen. In fact, she said the way things are moving right now, it may be later in December or early January. She did also mention that thing change rapidly from time to time. Hope she is wrong. When it all comes down to it, it's all speculation. Hope it's sooner rather then later.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I'd wait. Yes, Verizon does butcher some phones (the Lumia 822's design wasn't as good as the 820), but in other areas they are great (the 928's design is superb, it came with 32GB and built-in wireless charging, although coming in a few more colors besides black and white would've been nice). AT&T has recently neutered their Windows Phones: releasing them as 16GB with no built-in charging anymore.

rdviper96

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I did attempt to contact a few Verizon reps myself and they had no knowledge. It honestly seems like Verizon does not care about WP at all. In fact, when I went to the store to get switched over from AT&T thanks to the company changing providers, I mentioned to the sales rep that I didn't see any Windows phones out except a dummy HTC 8X (paper behind plastic). She told me that the new Galaxy Note 3 came out and they didn't have any room so they took down all of their Windows phones except that. She then told me that when new customers walk in the door, they push Android first above all else. They feel slighted by the iPhone because AT&T had it first so they're primarily an Android shop.

This is what WP is up against!! I literally searched the entire store in my mall and that 8X was the ONLY phone on display and you couldn't even use it! I had to downgrade from the L920 to a used L822 so that I wouldn't use up contract discount on an L928, thinking that the L929 was on its way in a couple weeks (did this 3rd week of October). Luckily, the 822, while not as stellar as an L920, is holding up well, I really miss holding onto the "premier WP".

Hopefully, now that WP is gaining some ground, we'll start to see a shift in this but when Verizon tells everyone to make their phones look like Android phones and then only sells Android phones to new customers, I do have my doubts...

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

I did attempt to contact a few Verizon reps myself and they had no knowledge. It honestly seems like Verizon does not care about WP at all. In fact, when I went to the store to get switched over from AT&T thanks to the company changing providers, I mentioned to the sales rep that I didn't see any Windows phones out except a dummy HTC 8X (paper behind plastic). She told me that the new Galaxy Note 3 came out and they didn't have any room so they took down all of their Windows phones except that. She then told me that when new customers walk in the door, they push Android first above all else. They feel slighted by the iPhone because AT&T had it first so they're primarily an Android shop.

This is what WP is up against!! I literally searched the entire store in my mall and that 8X was the ONLY phone on display and you couldn't even use it! I had to downgrade from the L920 to a used L822 so that I wouldn't use up contract discount on an L928, thinking that the L929 was on its way in a couple weeks (did this 3rd week of October). Luckily, the 822, while not as stellar as an L920, is holding up well, I really miss holding onto the "premier WP".

Hopefully, now that WP is gaining some ground, we'll start to see a shift in this but when Verizon tells everyone to make their phones look like Android phones and then only sells Android phones to new customers, I do have my doubts...

It can vary from store to store. My local big VZW store has a nice WP8 display with fully functional 928s, Odysseys, and 8Xs at the moment. It has a nice lit Windows display and the salespeople are knowledgeable.

As to the delay, there are two factors. First, Verizon extensively field tests all their phones. The old "Can you hear me now?" ads are more true than you think. They do extensive durability and signal tests before they ever release a phone. AT&T and the others don't spend anywhere near the time or money making sure each device is functional.

Second, there's the stock issue. Nokia has to get them the phones. Verizon will not announce or confirm until they actually physically have the handsets AND have enough of them to stock online and their physical stores. They want to be sure customers can actually get them when they are announced.

So any delay could be due to testing - and the new Qualcomm chipset could be a factor here. There also could be an issue with Nokia delivering. Or the phones could be onhand in warehouses waiting for testing to complete. Remember, this phone also comes with Nokia Black and GDR3 and should be the first VZW phones to roll out with this. Verizon wants to discover any issues and have a fix BEFORE they let the phone out. AT&T does not do this. If they did, they never would have carried the iPhone in the first place. Verizon didn't just not want it due to Apple's demands - they also knew it was terrible with reception and transmission.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Im in line now at the Microsoft store and was talking to the rep asking him about the 929 and he said "hey, that's not official yet" but wouldn't say much about it. Im going to keep asking around, I've got a few more hours to harass them!

maxnicks

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Ok? well in that case who ever orders Verizon's Windows Phones are not doing a good job. And still like I said i'm not happy as a customer, If this makes them more money sure fine do it, but I will be leaving Verizon.

Yeah, I think we'd all be a bit happier if you'd just switch to att.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk 2

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

It can vary from store to store. My local big VZW store has a nice WP8 display with fully functional 928s, Odysseys, and 8Xs at the moment. It has a nice lit Windows display and the salespeople are knowledgeable.

As to the delay, there are two factors. First, Verizon extensively field tests all their phones. The old "Can you hear me now?" ads are more true than you think. They do extensive durability and signal tests before they ever release a phone. AT&T and the others don't spend anywhere near the time or money making sure each device is functional.

Second, there's the stock issue. Nokia has to get them the phones. Verizon will not announce or confirm until they actually physically have the handsets AND have enough of them to stock online and their physical stores. They want to be sure customers can actually get them when they are announced.

So any delay could be due to testing - and the new Qualcomm chipset could be a factor here. There also could be an issue with Nokia delivering. Or the phones could be onhand in warehouses waiting for testing to complete. Remember, this phone also comes with Nokia Black and GDR3 and should be the first VZW phones to roll out with this. Verizon wants to discover any issues and have a fix BEFORE they let the phone out. AT&T does not do this. If they did, they never would have carried the iPhone in the first place. Verizon didn't just not want it due to Apple's demands - they also knew it was terrible with reception and transmission.

Thanks, Mac. I hope Verizon & Nokia get it together soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb