Fed up with Verizon (Lumia 929)

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The reason they don't announce it too far ahead, is that everyone will stop buying the previous version (in this case the 928). That will cause a ton of unsold phones. I am sure Verizon had to guarantee to purchase a number of phones to get the price to a certain level.

Its amazing how people can be so childish over a RUMOR that a new phone is coming out by a certain time. We know its coming out eventually.

If you are fed up, go somewhere else. Verizon really wont care about a dozen unhappy people.
Shhhh don't throw around logic here, that would make to much sense lol. I agree 100% with you though.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
hmmm...
i guess most websites must be saying a mid December release now..

Sent from my device using Tapatalk

This thing has been leaked so many times it just needs to be really official by now. I wonder what's the hold up?

Sent from my XT907 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Well according to other leaks its going to be released around mid to late December. I went back home for Thanksgiving and found that I had LTE everywhere! Normally is hard to even get call in some places, and now they had LTE! Verizon has really stepped up their game, so I believe I have changed my mind about switching to AT&T, but I still wish Verizon would change some of their WP policies.

BTW that white on looks great. Whats up with the white being limited? that's so stupid, so now pretty much this is going to be a one color phone sigh, Verizon didn't add colors, its going to take one away, or at least limit it

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Well according to other leaks its going to be released around mid to late December. I went back home for Thanksgiving and found that I had LTE everywhere! Normally is hard to even get call in some places, and now they had LTE! Verizon has really stepped up their game, so I believe I have changed my mind about switching to AT&T, but I still wish Verizon would change some of their WP policies.

BTW that white on looks great. Whats up with the white being limited? that's so stupid, so now pretty much this is going to be a one color phone sigh, Verizon didn't add colors, its going to take one away, or at least limit it

Yeah I agree. I've expected the 929 to be in black and white, because Verizon doesn't like color, but to make white limited and ONLY have black is pretty strange. Not uncommon, but definitely not something I expected.

Although, if black looks really good, I won't mind. But I've always been a fan of matte white, so this might be tempting!

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list of jumpers. I had to do something because my camera was broken, and I can't wait till after the holidays. With today's news of the 929/Icon being delayed till MWC at the earliest, I am OUT! I just bought a new LG G2. So far, so good. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find a good alternative to Kids Corner for my 3 year old. But it has Guest mode built in. Sweet. Feels great in the hand too. The back controls are very nice to use. Unless WP8.1 is something very, very special, I probably won't be back to WP. It breaks my heart.

kbilly70

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list of jumpers. I had to do something because my camera was broken, and I can't wait till after the holidays. With today's news of the 929/Icon being delayed till MWC at the earliest, I am OUT! I just bought a new LG G2. So far, so good. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find a good alternative to Kids Corner for my 3 year old. But it has Guest mode built in. Sweet. Feels great in the hand too. The back controls are very nice to use. Unless WP8.1 is something very, very special, I probably won't be back to WP. It breaks my heart.

The G2 looks like a great phone. It's nice to hear about the back controls. Most of the things I've read about them seem to be negative. I've played with the G2 in the store and wondered how the back buttons would feel after some time went by.

Hope you get back to WP in the future. :grincry:

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the G2 for a few months. I never really got used to the back buttons. It seemed to me that LG did that just for the sake of being different...just wasn't a natural feel for me. Currently own the Note 3, but patiently awaiting the 929 like everyone else on here :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Been lurking and lurking waiting for this phone but I'm currently at the Verizon store buying the G2. Tired of chasing that carrot. As awesome as the 929 sounds and probably will be its not here. :(

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Been lurking and lurking waiting for this phone but I'm currently at the Verizon store buying the G2. Tired of chasing that carrot. As awesome as the 929 sounds and probably will be its not here. :(

The G2 is an awesome phone, I ended up getting the Moto X. The lumia 929 is losing a few potential customers with this long wait.

Sent from my XT1060 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow another fed up thread for Verizon releasing a unannounced phone. We had the same threads for the HTC Trophy, the 928 and if you watched the Android threads, you would see the same thing.

Verizon is ALWAYS pissing off customers with phone releases, it's true, not everyone will be happy.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

You couldn't wait a few more days? Let me guess. The 928 was "too old" for you? Other than a couple internal differences, it's basically the same phone. Funny how mine runs just fine. Does what I need it to do. If you really liked WP you would've stayed around. Someone who really likes an os is not going to leave because a particular phone is not available. If you do, you place too much value on materialistic things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077