02-04-2014 04:06 PM
179 ... 45678
tools
    You couldn't have said it any better. I know most of you probably live in big cities and will never have any issues inside city limits on any carrier but for someone like me that lives in Southern Indiana, there's nothing but cornfields and small towns. Big city's are hours away in any direction. Verizon's service is unmatched around here, so like uncle grandpa said up above, doesn't matter how good your phone is if you can't use it.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    Incremental, I just visited Linton, IN (not quite southern) this weekend for a holiday get-together and was overjoyed with how well my 928 worked down there. I was getting faster speeds than the people using the internet service at the home we were staying at. That said, I agree with you, cbreze and Uncle Grandpa, I may not have the "best" phone being offered out there but I have a more than adequate device on a carrier that offers great service.
    INCREMENTAL likes this.
    12-15-2013 09:39 PM
    Id never change carriers because of hardware. That's crazy. What good is it if you can't use it everywhere?

This 929 thing is amusing. I don't recall a phone being anticipated in the way this one is.

Samsung is rumored to have a 5" WP coming out and they won't mess around and Verizon seems to love samsung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah but there is something about Nokia phones
    12-15-2013 11:15 PM
    Incremental, I just visited Linton, IN (not quite southern) this weekend for a holiday get-together and was overjoyed with how well my 928 worked down there. I was getting faster speeds than the people using the internet service at the home we were staying at. That said, I agree with you, cbreze and Uncle Grandpa, I may not have the "best" phone being offered out there but I have a more than adequate device on a carrier that offers great service.
    Yeah I've been through Linton before, Sry u had to experience Indiana lol so boring. But yes Verizon's service is awesome. Around here were so much out in the boonies there's really no good internet service providers either with a good speed so I always tether off my cell phone when downloading big updates or games on my consoles. With Verizon's 4G I usually average around 20mb DL and 13mb UL at my house. I've even seen outstanding numbers before, check the pic out.

12-15-2013 11:47 PM
    Pic of awesome speed at my house.

Attached Thumbnails 1387173057331.jpg  
    admorris#AC and Zippier like this.
    12-15-2013 11:51 PM
    If the 1520 had Qi charging I would already be over on AT&T. I'm tired of waiting on this phantom device and VZ's lack of WP support.
    nunyazz likes this.
    12-16-2013 08:34 AM
    Not bad.. here is mine (not even the best I've gotten, just most recent)
    12-16-2013 08:38 AM
    If the 1520 had Qi charging I would already be over on AT&T. I'm tired of waiting on this phantom device and VZ's lack of WP support.
    I agree.. I got tired of waiting. Went out and got me a Note 3 last night. Laters MS!
    12-16-2013 08:39 AM
    I agree.. I got tired of waiting. Went out and got me a Note 3 last night. Laters MS!
    nunyazz and Zippier like this.
    12-16-2013 08:58 AM
    Those speeds you guys are getting are amazing. Faster than a lot of home internet. Some pretty uncrowded rural towers no doubt.
    I decided to pass on the 929 and picked up an HTC ONE. Very very happy with it. I also have my surface 2 for my windows experience, so best of both. Might check out a WP later down the road.
    nunyazz likes this.
    12-16-2013 10:40 AM
    Actually my speedtest was done in downtown New Orleans. We just have excellent LTE coverage in South Louisiana.
    12-16-2013 11:08 AM
    Me too. I just picked up a 928 with a slightly cracked screen for cheap on eBay to tide me over until the 929 or its equivalent. Not giving up unlimited data though.
    Generally I'd say that Verizon is focused on the network while AT&T is focused on the devices. True, VZW has fallen behind a bit this past year but I think they will come back with a vengeance shortly.
    Out of curiosity, how cheap? I've thought about doing the same, as my Trophy's limitations are really irking me.
    12-16-2013 01:53 PM
    Actually my speedtest was done in downtown New Orleans. We just have excellent LTE coverage in South Louisiana.
    Not bad for a city where ur suppose to have good coverage lol. Mine came from my house in a town of population of 1200. So very little traffic. Those are good speeds man, u gotta be happy with that. I love mine, it basically acts as my home internet that's why VZW will have to pry my unlimited data from me.

nunyazz likes this.
    12-16-2013 03:04 PM
    Is it safe to say that everyone gave up on the 929 "icon"?
    01-01-2014 02:52 PM
    No, we're still patiently waiting for the 929.
    01-01-2014 08:50 PM
    Why would it be safe to say that? What else are Verizon customers going to switch to......strange comment
    01-01-2014 09:03 PM
    I bought a g2 and I'm still patiently waiting.
    01-01-2014 09:10 PM
    Hell. No. Do you see the rest of the threads on this subsection? Everyone did, however, give up on the December 6th release date. And the November 21st date before that. We're mostly holding out for a January 15th release date now.

Ah... The joys of being a WP fan on Verizon. Wishful thinking and heartbreaking galore.
    Jeffrey Fox likes this.
    01-01-2014 10:06 PM
    I just hope everyone here who is/has waiting on the 929 goes over to the Verizon forums as well to voice their opinion.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/windows
    01-02-2014 06:50 AM
    How do ANY of you know its Verizon's fault for not releasing the phone when YOU want it, How do ANY of you know its Nokia's fault, How do ANY of you know its Microsoft's fault. It could be ANY ONE of them, or none at all... It was never announced by any one of them, so there is not a delay. those dates listed were from someone that doesn't KNOW what they are talking about. Those dates are just what some person thought the dates would be. RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR. So, dont put blame on any of the three companies... Who knows if it may have even been the FCC. If you are all so damn smart, start your own cell phone service provider, cell phone manufacturer, and software company.

Complaining to any of those companies will do NO GOOD... they will come out with the phone when they want, and they could not care less about a dozen cry babies. you all need to get a life...
    01-02-2014 10:55 AM
    Samsung could bring out a kick *** WP that would blow everything else out of the water. It's a market they could dominate as well as android, if they wanted to.

Samsung isn't hamstrung by the whole Nokia-Microsoft period of adjustment.

01-02-2014 11:19 AM
    How do ANY of you know its Verizon's fault for not releasing the phone when YOU want it, How do ANY of you know its Nokia's fault, How do ANY of you know its Microsoft's fault. It could be ANY ONE of them, or none at all... It was never announced by any one of them, so there is not a delay. those dates listed were from someone that doesn't KNOW what they are talking about. Those dates are just what some person thought the dates would be. RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR. So, dont put blame on any of the three companies... Who knows if it may have even been the FCC. If you are all so damn smart, start your own cell phone service provider, cell phone manufacturer, and software company.

Complaining to any of those companies will do NO GOOD... they will come out with the phone when they want, and they could not care less about a dozen cry babies. you all need to get a life...

Thanks for your astute insight, and honoring us cry babies with your attention.

Bravo.
    01-02-2014 11:39 AM
    How do ANY of you know its Verizon's fault for not releasing the phone when YOU want it, How do ANY of you know its Nokia's fault, How do ANY of you know its Microsoft's fault. It could be ANY ONE of them, or none at all... It was never announced by any one of them, so there is not a delay. those dates listed were from someone that doesn't KNOW what they are talking about. Those dates are just what some person thought the dates would be. RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR. So, dont put blame on... Etc etc etc...
    The simple fact is that no matter WHO is to blame, the launch of this phone has by sheer timing, been fumbled. Verizon has a long history of making product launches the equivalent of a trip to the dentist. If it's the manufacturer's fault then... Same problem. They are going to roll out a "great" phone right about the time no one gives a sh*t. Look at the fluidity, timing and natural cadence by which the real players in the market launch their devices. Samsung is rolling out a arguably superior device in the S5 in perfect rhythm to its predecessor and Apple has done the same for years. The G3 will likely be the same and the HTC flagship as well. Whoever is to blame, it's a consistent "almost there kid!" review for every Windows Phone because of timing and launch. Wow! a 1080p screen... big deal...

I say this, still hoping, to purchase the phone before it is obviously dwarfed by others. THAT is why I would LIKE to blame someone.
    01-02-2014 02:24 PM
    The simple fact is that no matter WHO is to blame, the launch of this phone has by sheer timing, been fumbled. Verizon has a long history of making product launches the equivalent of a trip to the dentist. If it's the manufacturer's fault then... Same problem. They are going to roll out a "great" phone right about the time no one gives a sh*t. Look at the fluidity, timing and natural cadence by which the real players in the market launch their devices. Samsung is rolling out a arguably superior device in the S5 in perfect rhythm to its predecessor and Apple has done the same for years. The G3 will likely be the same and the HTC flagship as well. Whoever is to blame, it's a consistent "almost there kid!" review for every Windows Phone because of timing and launch. Wow! a 1080p screen... big deal...

I say this, still hoping, to purchase the phone before it is obviously dwarfed by others. THAT is why I would LIKE to blame someone.
    Well complaining to Verizon or Microsoft or Nokia won't help will it? It's not like they will listen... unless enough people in the Windows market complain....

02-01-2014 03:44 PM

I can tell Verizon is going to disregard every actual piece of evidence as to why this launch won't go well, and then wrongly say it sold poorly because no one wants Windows Phone.
    02-01-2014 04:21 PM
    I can tell Verizon is going to disregard every actual piece of evidence as to why this launch won't go well, and then wrongly say it sold poorly because no one wants Windows Phone.
    No one wants a windows phone😊!
    02-01-2014 08:21 PM
179 ... 45678