Lumia 929 release date now Dec 6

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Skinomi? made some updates on Amazon.

Whereas the skins were set for release for both the L1520 and L929 on December 6th, it is now December 20th for the L929 and "in stock" for the L1520.

My wait continues. I feel like I'm 8 years old again waiting for Christmas!

And before anyone gets snotty and says, "Well that doesn't mean anything." I'm not making any predictions. Just throwing something interesting out there as we all wait for the 929.

That said, a bit more perusing on Amazon has shown that a screen protector from a company called SUPERSHIELDZ is available on December 30th and a case by Hyperion ships in 3-5 weeks. So throwing all that info in one pot = means nothing. :-/

chrisnx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me, if the Lumia 929 is going to be released in EU particularly germany?
The 1520 is awesome, without a doubt, but damn it's big, and i guess this Inch would make some difference.
thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me, if the Lumia 929 is going to be released in EU particularly germany?
The 1520 is awesome, without a doubt, but damn it's big, and i guess this Inch would make some difference.
thanks in advance.

It's a Verizon Wireless exclusive just like the Lumia 928, assuming something completely unprecedented doesn't happen you'll only be able to purchase this through Verizon Wireless in the USA.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
.....and I continue to check this forum, as if the 929 would get released and I would miss it!!

Oh well. Early December is here. Guess we will just have to hope for mid-December. If it is not here by the week before Christmas, I will have to decide what to do for my family as far what network we are doing. Important for my Wife's business.

The L929 would make it a little easier for me to give up out grandfathered, cheaper plan on AT&T for the better network of Verizon as she begins to travel. Without it, I am betting the cheapskate in me will just cave in to the AT&T WP8 selections and lesser network.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is another 929 out in the wild or falorin sold his to this person.

This was my question as well. I guess we could ask Falorin. But the first digit of the each MAC address looks different. Falorin's looks like it has a 7, this one has an 8. Last digit of the MEID also looks a bit different. See below.

Falorin's
Nokia-Lumia-929.jpg

Mexico's
Unannounced.png

Last edited:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
IIRC, the first few pairs in a MAC address identify the manufacturer (of the network device), so they would/should be the same though?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
IIRC, the first few pairs in a MAC address identify the manufacturer (of the network device), so they would/should be the same though?

I've heard the same. Different MAC Addresses come from different factories, though. Right? Like if one was manufactured in China, and one in Mexico, they would have a different first few pairs.

Edit: Maybe I have this wrong. The first 6 digits on my 822 are 34C803. Which tells me Nokia corporation. But that's about it. I'm learning about all of this now.

Nokia's MAC addresses: http://standards.ieee.org/cgi-bin/ouisearch

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Over the weekend the 928s went to "Free" status with a contract. Once a phone drops to free status the replacement isn't far behind. Be patient boys...now go outside and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Putting the IMEI from the new device in Mexico in at IMEI pretty much just confirms that it was a Nokia brand with the model RM-927. That much we already know. We'll just have to keep checking to see if maybe they update more information on there as they would with a device that's already announced.

wp_ss_20131203_0002.png

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
When I was returning my 1520 to the Microsoft Store in Denver 2 days ago I told the MS employee that I was going to get the 929 when it was released. We discussed possible release dates and he said he could check on Microsoft's purchase history which would give him an indication if the release was imminent. He checked and said he shows no purchase details for the 929 and would have expected to see this if the release was coming up soon. He would also have been able to tell if stock was ordered for his store and was being shipped. His search results don't bode well for a Dec. 6th release.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
When I was returning my 1520 to the Microsoft Store in Denver 2 days ago I told the MS employee that I was going to get the 929 when it was released. We discussed possible release dates and he said he could check on Microsoft's purchase history which would give him an indication if the release was imminent. He checked and said he shows no purchase details for the 929 and would have expected to see this if the release was coming up soon. He would also have been able to tell if stock was ordered for his store and was being shipped. His search results don't bode well for a Dec. 6th release.

I definitely gave up on the December 6th idea a couple weeks ago. I'm expecting somewhere around December 21st now. But that's not based off of any information. Just my last hope at getting this phone before the end of the year haha. Wishful thinking.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah... Definitely thinking/hoping third or fourth week of December for a release. Maybe check back with him closer to that time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte