Nokia 929 Battery size

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lets hope its metal :D

Sent from my device using Tapatalk

I would love it to be! :). But I am also concerned with the thickness. I don't want a bulky device. I don't expect anything amazing out of the battery life either. I expect it to be good, but nothing to write home about that. I could deal with it though. I just don't want to keep waiting. I didn't think I would end up considering the BlackBerry Z30 for my next phone, but here I am. It should be a shootout between the Lumia 929 and the BlackBerry Z30 ;)

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I would love it to be! :). But I am also concerned with the thickness. I don't want a bulky device. I don't expect anything amazing out of the battery life either. I expect it to be good, but nothing to write home about that. I could deal with it though. I just don't want to keep waiting. I didn't think I would end up considering the BlackBerry Z30 for my next phone, but here I am. It should be a shootout between the Lumia 929 and the BlackBerry Z30 ;)

Based on what we know, it shouldn't be too thick... so I highly doubt it will be bulky

Sent from my device using Tapatalk

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia phones are usually thicker and heavier than most, so if it's thick, I wouldn't be surprised. But I'd settle for thickness on this phone. If it's around the 928's thickness, that would be OK for me. After holding the 928 often, it certainly doesn't feel as thick as it is due to the tapering. So we'll see what happens with the 929. Hard to tell without anything to scale next to it. But thick phones are common for Nokia. It should be no surprise to anyone here. I'm still hopeful it will be a wonderful phone.

EDIT: The more I look at the most recent photo, the more I think it's not as thick as I thought. But again, without something to compare it with, it's hard to tell. But it doesn't look bad at all at this point (to me).

Last edited:

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The specs I thought said it's 10 something mm thick. Which is gonna put it around the 928. Thought this has been pretty well confirmed for a while.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
The specs I thought said it's 10 something mm thick. Which is gonna put it around the 928. Thought this has been pretty well confirmed for a while.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

I've seen that a lot as well. I'd be fine with 928 width. Would I like thinner like many other 5" phones? Of course. But Nokia phones are always bulkier. So I wouldn't be let down. It would just be a really nice surprise to see it thinner. But definitely not something I'm going to count on.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
If those dimensions and weights are correct, the 929 is just a tiny bit bigger on the outside, while having a bigger screen and CPU on the inside. It's the TARDIS of Lumia phones!

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a list of comparable phones and battery sizes? I was personally not expecting much. 2510 mAh isn't that bad. Isn't the Galaxy S4 2600 mAh? So that's close. Not bad. And the HTC One is like 2300 mAh. I think the Nexus 5 is about the same. And forget about the iPhone 5S. Isn't that like 1500 mAh? Or around there? So this blows that away.

But I guess on the pessimistic side of things, the LG G2 has 3000 mAh, and the phones I mentioned above with smaller batteries are 6+ months older.

But I suppose the battery size doesn't matter until we see how well it works with the rest of the internals. Can't judge it on the spec alone.

While you can compare numbers between devices, they are just that, numbers. WP has never needed the processor speed, cores, RAM or bigger batteries to out perform other platforms.

As with anything related to the combination of VZW & WP, I'll believe it when I see it in my own hand.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This brought to you from the dude who accused me of starting rumors.

Seriously - we have no idea when or if an international version will be available. We don't even know when the Verizon version will be available. Give me a break, people.

You just love antagonizing people, huh? I said most likely. Am I stating a fact? No. It's my opinion, but I'm also not leading anyone on saying anything definitively. Leave me alone. You think I'm no fun at a party? I'd hate to have someone following them, constantly trying to start a fight.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You just love antagonizing people, huh? I said most likely. Am I stating a fact? No. It's my opinion, but I'm also not leading anyone on saying anything definitively. Leave me alone. You think I'm no fun at a party? I'd hate to have someone following them, constantly trying to start a fight.

I'm not trying to start a fight with you. I'm sorry if you feel that way. The no fun at parties thing is really just a common saying for someone being a buzz kill. Nothing personal.

This is the second time I've addressed you, the first was defending myself after you told me I was starting rumors after I posted a limitations statement based on speculation we've accumulated in this thread. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-929/242845-6.htm#post2235547

I was simply returning the favor. Lighten up. I wish you nothing but the best.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Only time will tell if there will be an international version of this phone. It's rumoured to have 23510mAh battery, which is fairly nice, but it seems a bit bulkier (thick and heavier) than the more recent Nokia phones, probably due to the bigger battery and screen. Maybe there's something like SD Card Support which would add to the thickness too. If this did come in an international version, I admit I'd be tempted myself!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99