Codename: Icon

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
You know this might explain what TC was reporting. Maybe the person that told him it wasn't coming out was really misinformed or something and somehow that's how that all came about.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You know this might explain what TC was reporting. Maybe the person that told him it wasn't coming out was really misinformed or something and somehow that's how that all came about.

Yeah - I thought about that as well. It's also interesting, though potentially insignificant, that Daniel mentioned that Microsoft Stores will have stock of the device ahead of the rumored January 16th release date. I'm a little confused by that, tbh. Happy, but confused.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I just think that most information you get from people on the forums is not reliable. Release dates change very often. I think that WPcentral has shown to be in the know regarding these things. They clearly haven't commented on the Lumia 929 for awhile because they just didn't have much info. Now they do, so they post about it. Furthermore, if you remember, Daniel Rubino tweeted during Nokia World that the 929 was pushed to Q1 2014. I believe it was a tweet but i could be wrong. So really, nothing has changed since then. It's just we get so excited and follow the boards and everyone is digging for information from within Verizon and people just say stuff that they hear from bosses or whatever and we go all haywire. It is fun but, this news about the 929 in January shouldn't be a shock.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I just think that most information you get from people on the forums is not reliable. Release dates change very often. I think that WPcentral has shown to be in the know regarding these things. They clearly haven't commented on the Lumia 929 for awhile because they just didn't have much info. Now they do, so they post about it. Furthermore, if you remember, Daniel Rubino tweeted during Nokia World that the 929 was pushed to Q1 2014. I believe it was a tweet but i could be wrong. So really, nothing has changed since then. It's just we get so excited and follow the boards and everyone is digging for information from within Verizon and people just say stuff that they hear from bosses or whatever and we go all haywire. It is fun but, this news about the 929 in January shouldn't be a shock.

I agree with you, us getting excited doesn't help.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
btw, matte white is gonna be really nice i'd imagine. and if the border really is aluminum, this is shaping up to be a prettier phone than everyone is giving it credit for. we'll see

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah - I thought about that as well. It's also interesting, though potentially insignificant, that Daniel mentioned that Microsoft Stores will have stock of the device ahead of the rumored January 16th release date. I'm a little confused by that, tbh. Happy, but confused.

Yeah u know I was a little lost on that to.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I really could care less what they call it. Neither names nor numbers guarantee to tell you anything about the phone. Trophy and 8x didn't really mean anything special, except for the longest time "only Verizon Windows phone

The current Nokia numbering is confusing.
What they call it, will have no impact on how it functions, so to me it's a silly question except in the context of larger Win Phone/Nokia ecosystem.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Another Nokia Icon leak that we can't understand. Accessory card... At least it's red, meaning Verizon... Hoping for some sort of news today as Rubino mentioned.

evleaks4.png

outlaw_d

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So when the Icon comes out next month and Verizon complains of poor sales... let's all remember that Verizon shot themselves in the foot by not getting this device out before the holiday shopping season. Idiots.

Hockeymac18

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
So when the Icon comes out next month and Verizon complains of poor sales... let's all remember that Verizon shot themselves in the foot by not getting this device out before the holiday shopping season. Idiots.

And if that happens, it'll be a self-fulfilling prophecy:

Limited support by Verizon for WP in general
Release of a high-end phone at an odd time (with, I'd imagine, limited to no promotion or ads since it's Verizon)
Months without a new WP device (or at least one that people can get excited about)

So, if there are low sales for the 929/Icon, Verizon will just use it as more evidence that they don't need to support WP. Further pushing WP towards niche status on Verizon.

I very much hope it doesn't play out this way, but I'm starting to think it's possible given how they've been treating the 929/Icon release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans