Nokia Lumia 929 official specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am shocked that Verizon would prioritize a Blackberry over a flagship Windows Phone at this time of the year. Horrible.

But the actual phone displayed is the Nokia Lumia 925, right? Also can be seen if you Bing "Nokia Lumia 929."

Bing.png

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
The Blackberry Z30 actually has demand? I mean, I know Windows Phone is extremely low on the totem pole for Verizon in terms of priority, but I guess I learned something new.

@Indistinguishable It looks like the 925 to me as well in the search results. Likely a placeholder, as you mentioned earlier. But of course, that's just observation. Hard to tell for sure without a larger image, but I think you're right.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait for the day BB dies of and MS gets the patents. Therefore we get the BB keyboard for WP :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait for the day BB dies of and MS gets the patents. Therefore we get the BB keyboard for WP :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I had a keyboard on my Asha 303, I don't think you need to pay anyone anything just to use somthing as generic as a qwerty keypad.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off, with no third row of tiles, I am with those who think this is just a 925 substitute until the 929 becomes public.

Sigh.... And my dream WP shows up on Verizon, when I may very well be stuck on AT&T. Just killing me. Nothing but love for the 1520, but this is exactly my screen size. Playing around with my wife's Note 1, and then trying out the 1520 and Samsung Mega 6.3, I have no doubt 5.0"-5.3-ish is my sweet spot in screen size.

But Big Red would be quite a bit more expensive for me. Sigh......

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
More like Verizon didn't want a direct competition to their BB exclusive.

I guess there's no counting for intelligence at VZW. I mean, really...delaying the 929 for a phone with zero demand? BB is done. Nobody is going to rescue that ship. This is an idiotic decision on VZW's part. Delaying a phone that has solid demand, during this time of the year, for a phone that has zippo demand is just dumb on so many levels. Kind of like not offering the 928 in red (I'm still on my 822 and month-to-month because of this). I just don't get it.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess there's no counting for intelligence at VZW. I mean, really...delaying the 929 for a phone with zero demand? BB is done. Nobody is going to rescue that ship. This is an idiotic decision on VZW's part. Delaying a phone that has solid demand, during this time of the year, for a phone that has zippo demand is just dumb on so many levels. Kind of like not offering the 928 in red (I'm still on my 822 and month-to-month because of this). I just don't get it.
I was at the Verizon store two days ago and literally watched a store employee convince a lady that walked in to buy a 928 to get the iPhone 5s instead. I didn't want to jump in so I waited until the lady left (she ended up leaving without purchasing anything) and told her that she should let people decide for themselves instead of saying that Windows Phone didn't have apps.

I found out that the Verizon stores are carrying many holiday gift items (fitbit, Bluetooth speakers etc) that only have ios and Android apps, so they're pushing these devices and trying to add on these items to each sale.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I was at the Verizon store two days ago and literally watched a store employee convince a lady that walked in to buy a 928 to get the iPhone 5s instead. I didn't want to jump in so I waited until the lady left (she ended up leaving without purchasing anything) and told her that she should let people decide for themselves instead of saying that Windows Phone didn't have apps.

I found out that the Verizon stores are carrying many holiday gift items (fitbit, Bluetooth speakers etc) that only have ios and Android apps, so they're pushing these devices and trying to add on these items to each sale.

That was a perfect opportunitity to show off your phone!! Let her see all the advantages of the os.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
It is sad that Windows phone doesn't have official Fitbit or Pebble apps. I have both a Fitbit and a Pebble.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It is sad that Windows phone doesn't have official Fitbit or Pebble apps. I have both a Fitbit and a Pebble.
I know what you mean. From Jan, I'm changing roles at work and will be traveling 100%. I'm hoping I don't have to travel Southwest. Not having an all for an airline or hotel chain will suck. I'll also miss Uber :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb